News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM

Started by dragon53, August 10, 2016, 06:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

So INGEN has become Biosyn.. interesting. 

Masrani or Ingen was responsible for the Spino and a the others mentioned?  Still not seeing anything definitve saying " there are no dinos on sorna ". feels like this maybe a loophole they can go either way with later.

It was said somewhere before poachers were an issue on Sorna, never clarified though if that was living specimens or dead ones maybe both.  There could be dinos out there in a lot of places now... I would hate to see no more new dinosaur species introduced at all.

Ditto on the skeleton, it doesn't really match the living one.

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 28, 2018, 02:43:26 PM
So INGEN has become Biosyn.. interesting. 

Masrani or Ingen was responsible for the Spino and a the others mentioned?  Still not seeing anything definitve saying " there are no dinos on sorna ". feels like this maybe a loophole they can go either way with later.

It was said somewhere before poachers were an issue on Sorna, never clarified though if that was living specimens or dead ones maybe both.  There could be dinos out there in a lot of places now... I would hate to see no more new dinosaur species introduced at all.

Ditto on the skeleton, it doesn't really match the living one.

Thats because it was based off the Kinto Desktop model that the studio purchased from Dans Dinosaurs(you can see them in Wu' Office)

Cretaceous Crab

I predict the mosasaur is one of the casualties of the volcano, or she ends up in the ocean in the process of being rescued.

HD-man

Quote from: LeviRawl on February 28, 2018, 11:34:01 PMor she ends up in the ocean in the process of being rescued.

;) Which leads to the "Mega Beasts: T Rex of the Deep" scene at 9:10: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhY_SnX2gjE
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Cretaceous Crab

Quote from: HD-man on March 01, 2018, 12:58:40 AM
Quote from: LeviRawl on February 28, 2018, 11:34:01 PMor she ends up in the ocean in the process of being rescued.

;) Which leads to the "Mega Beasts: T Rex of the Deep" scene at 9:10: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhY_SnX2gjE

Or maybe lead to a crossover with the upcoming MEG film.

Blade-of-the-Moon

MEG is Disney so not likely, though MEG the novel did have pliosaurs in it.

I think there was a shirt or notebook showing the Mosa attacking a helicopter.  There is also a mini sub toy, my guess is she gets loose into the ocean.  They can't really transport her anyway, just too big.  If she gets loose chances are she will be the only member of her species existing which is also sad.

Flaffy

oh look PETA's here
I wonder if the children where paid or not for the marketing promotion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX8NZdZ3GMQ

paintingdinos

The velociraptor in the child's drawing has feathers... what a twist!

CityRaptor

Probably not so much of a twist. Jurassic Park/World media has been aknowledging that the real deal had feathers.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Reptilia

Quote from: Flaffy on March 04, 2018, 03:45:25 AM
I wonder if the children where paid or not for the marketing promotion.

That's blatant child exploitation!

Flaffy

Welp, it's confirmed... according to JWFK's viral marketing campaign on Twitter.
*edit* I'm not sure if this is legit or not, please take it with a grain of salt until the official DPG twitter, or any official and reputable source says otherwise.

It's pretty amusing seeing all the characters having their own twitter accounts.
Don't know how many of them are actually official, but it's still nice to see their banter here and there.

Faelrin

There goes (some of) my childhood I guess. Well all except Rexy/the JP T. rex that's still around (thankfully). I just have to wonder what went and killed the Tyrannosaurus family, Spinosaurus, and well anything else, unless it was along the lines of what I speculated earlier, if not something entirely different. Still disappointing and maybe even heart wrenching they'd do this.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Reptilia

At least that should prevent any further chapter to take place on Sorna. But yes, some explaination on what happened to the Spinosaurus, or even the JP3 raptors, would be nice.

Although one wonder if all the dinosaurs that are rescued from the volcanic eruption on Nublar aren't just moved to Sorna. That would be the most reasonable solution, instead of bring them on the mainland.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Maybe Ingen owns Sorna and they want to keep them away from them?  Or the Costa Rican government won't allow it?

Reptilia

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 05, 2018, 03:47:53 PM
Maybe Ingen owns Sorna and they want to keep them away from them?

So Ingen is not involved in the rescue? I assumed that the people with weapons and all the cages were sent there by Ingen, while the DPG guys were on a mission of their own. Like on TLW.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm not certain,  I know Ingen was the bad guys in Jurassic World, Hoskins and his guys.  The guys with all the cages and such are there for the evacuation I assume part of the DPG group.  They may however be double agents.  I think Lockwood, Hammond's old partner and Wu are working with Ingen  who are looking to exploit the dinosaurs so Lockwood uses his money and connections to get them there like Hammond did in TLW,  but with Ludlow's intentions..or worse.

Appalachiosaurus

I'm pretty sure that the plot of the movie will be based on DPG failing to get support from the government and turning to Lockwood for help, who double crosses them and brings the dinosaurs to the mainland instead of Sorna. That's just speculation, but based on the DPG reports and the clips from the trailers that's my best guess, and it would be the best explanation for all the new information we are getting and why Sorna is brought up so much while never seeming to appear in film.

Reptilia

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on March 06, 2018, 03:28:26 AM
I'm pretty sure that the plot of the movie will be based on DPG failing to get support from the government and turning to Lockwood for help, who double crosses them and brings the dinosaurs to the mainland instead of Sorna.

Yes, a likely scenario.

Flaffy

First clear-ish image of the poor hole-in-the-frill Sinoceratops. Also that explains the more vibrant colour variant of the Pachyrhinosaurus we saw at NY Toy Fair as opposed to the duller colouration on the EW promo images.
Also new blog post by the DPG: http://www.dinosaurprotectiongroup.com/the-rise-and-fall-of-masrani-global.html

Reptilia

Cool artwork.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: