News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari: New for 2017

Started by Patrx, August 22, 2016, 08:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

I'm just stunned for them.You did an amazing job on all these.

CMIPalaeo

Wow! I don't really like the production version of the Parasaurolophus but seeing the original sculpt makes it clear that it's just the paintjob I find disagreeable. That model it really great!!
Once a man is tired of dinosaurs, he is tired of life; for there is in a dinosaur all that life can afford.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: CMIPalaeo on November 26, 2016, 12:18:34 AM
Wow! I don't really like the production version of the Parasaurolophus but seeing the original sculpt makes it clear that it's just the paintjob I find disagreeable. That model it really great!!

I like the production version, but I agree that the unpainted original looks amazing!

RaptorRex

Spotted these guys in the gift shop at the museum I volunteer at:

Killekor

Quote from: RaptorRex on November 27, 2016, 09:30:33 PM
Spotted these guys in the gift shop at the museum I volunteer at:

OH MY GOD!

Predasaurskillekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Wow, out already, and the mass-produced versions still look amazing! What museum do you volunteer at, RaptorRex?

stargatedalek

Now if only Michael's would stock them any point in the next decade...

Shonisaurus

They look beautiful those copies of Velociraptor Safari.
As for tylosaurus it looks better than its prehistoric marine pair plesiosuchus (although it must be said that they belong to two different species of prehistoric reptiles of the Mesozoic) and that the tylosaurus should be by the most historial paleontological record in its morphology.

It is a pleasure that the figures of Safari are already commercialized. Hopefully all companies like Papo or Collecta to put two examples would be so quick to market their products in online stores.

Safari is the first company to release its products in the market before everyone else does and that has been done for several years, which I applaud. This way you can enjoy both children and adults and collectors of the favorite figures of both dinosaurs in this case and other products. From my humble way of thinking I prefer it that way, although then I have one to wait a year to see the new figures. :)

RaptorRex

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on November 27, 2016, 11:16:07 PM
Wow, out already, and the mass-produced versions still look amazing! What museum do you volunteer at, RaptorRex?
The Arizona Museum of Natural History. We're pretty small compared to other museums, but there's a lot of great paleo-related exhibits.

Also to note, there were a few Einiosaurus and Coelophysis as well. I'm definitely picking up the Einiosaurus, since it's my favorite ceratopsian and it has a pretty vibrant pose.

suspsy

Quote from: RaptorRex on November 28, 2016, 12:21:29 AM
Quote from: Stuckasaurus on November 27, 2016, 11:16:07 PM
The Arizona Museum of Natural History. We're pretty small compared to other museums, but there's a lot of great paleo-related exhibits.

Also to note, there were a few Einiosaurus and Coelophysis as well. I'm definitely picking up the Einiosaurus, since it's my favorite ceratopsian and it has a pretty vibrant pose.

Ah yes, I knew I recognized those shelves.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SpartanSquat

Thanks for sharing this Raptorex! Can you show us the Einiosaurus and Coelophysis?

SBell

Well, I have my store order on the way! Almost everything is currently available...

Except the 'raptor, the T.rex and the Giganotosaurus. And a few others (like the spirit bear...of course). Apparently they are hung up in shipping processing or something. Their ETAs are now January some time.

But I look forward to seeing the rest for myself! And then finding them new homes...

Jose S.M.

I just saw the feathered Tyrannosaurus on amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LFTKWCU/ref=mp_s_a_1_29?ie=UTF8&qid=1480551576&sr=8-29&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=safari+dinosaurs&dpPl=1&dpID=41oT83jtIbL&ref=plSrch

I have bought all my Safari dinosaurs from that store, I wish the others were available but I only found rexy.

joossa

Some pictures from Amazon:

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

tanystropheus

Thanks. Bought. Didn't even hesitate.  :)

SBell

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 01, 2016, 04:12:27 AM
Thanks. Bought. Didn't even hesitate.  :)

And here I was told they wouldn't be around until January...something's amiss!

Daspletotyrannus

Hmm the hands don't look right like they didn't paint it right.  Is it going to be a tripod? I'll wait to get it from the Safari Ltd website. Nice to see the teeth are sharp looking. It does look good and is looking forward to own it when I get it.

Concavenator

That's a glorious Tyrannosaurus!

EmperorDinobot

So many dinosaurs.... I don't know what to do with them!

ceratopsian

It's a tempting model.  But I can't help noticing that its feet don't sit squarely on the ground.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: