News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari: New for 2017

Started by Patrx, August 22, 2016, 08:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpartanSquat

The website has new updates, except for the feathered rex and raptor

Dilopho

Quote from: Mo_the_Triceratops_King on October 03, 2016, 08:41:45 PM
The last fethered T-Rex was so impressive, if they can hold this level of detail..it would be great. The new fether T-Rex looks great too but the rest....im not really convinced.
Too many good dino modells on the market, to less space. I only collect the best looking.  :D
This one?

Flaffy

Quote from: Dilopho on October 03, 2016, 09:01:52 PM
The last fethered T-Rex was so impressive, if they can hold this level of detail..it would be great. The new fether T-Rex looks great too but the rest....im not really convinced.
Too many good dino modells on the market, to less space. I only collect the best looking.  :D
This one?

Was that ever released to the public?

Dilopho

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on October 03, 2016, 09:08:02 PM
This one?

Was that ever released to the public?
I've seen the figure for sale on the internet before.

Gwangi

He's probably talking about this one.

Jose S.M.

What's that? was it from Safari LTD? I'm not familiar with that figure at all

This one?

Flaffy

Quote from: Gwangi on October 03, 2016, 09:24:15 PM

Can't be, this has to be one of the worst models of t-rex

Doug Watson

Quote from: RolandEden on October 03, 2016, 08:30:28 PM
Doug did you make the Tylosaurus? I see a pattern of scales similar to your work

Yes I did with help from Dr. Admin.

Dilopho

Quote from: Joe289 on October 03, 2016, 09:25:45 PM

This one?

Wild Safari's Juvenile T. rex

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on October 03, 2016, 09:25:56 PM

Maybe...? ??? It's not that bad!!!

Takama

Quote from: Dilopho on October 03, 2016, 09:33:56 PM
Quote from: Joe289 on October 03, 2016, 09:25:45 PM

This one?

Wild Safari's Juvenile T. rex

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on October 03, 2016, 09:25:56 PM

Maybe...? ??? It's not that bad!!!

That feathered one was released back in 2006, and it was supposed to be a juvenile. the other was supposed to be the adult version of this model and i think it looked a atrocious in person, truly the worst Dinosaur Safari has ever released.

SpartanSquat

Quote from: Doug Watson on October 03, 2016, 09:32:00 PM
Doug did you make the Tylosaurus? I see a pattern of scales similar to your work

You collab in other figures?

Doug Watson

Quote from: RolandEden on October 03, 2016, 09:46:24 PM
Quote from: Doug Watson on October 03, 2016, 09:32:00 PM

You collab in other figures?

Not for this year.

SpartanSquat

Not for this year.
Oh in which other did you collab? And did you make the Velociraptor?

Gwangi

Quote from: Takama on October 03, 2016, 09:42:16 PM
That feathered one was released back in 2006, and it was supposed to be a juvenile. the other was supposed to be the adult version of this model and i think it looked a atrocious in person, truly the worst Dinosaur Safari has ever released.

I think that title goes to the original Suchomimus.

Can we stop quoting those pictures? They're awful enough to look at just the one time, we don't need this punishment over and over.

CMIPalaeo

I wasn't too interested in the mosasaur from the original promo image but now that it's been properly revealed I am happy to say I've changed my mind! It's a really impressive looking figure, nicely lizardy and with all the accurate features there. The colours are a bit flashy but I don't find them too implausible.
Once a man is tired of dinosaurs, he is tired of life; for there is in a dinosaur all that life can afford.

Doug Watson

Quote from: RolandEden on October 03, 2016, 10:06:14 PM
Not for this year.

Dr. Admin has also helped me with my Safari Ltd Liopleurodon, Elasmosaurus, and Plesiosuchus. He has also helped me acquire scientific papers for other pieces. If you look here you can see the other scientists that have helped me on specific pieces http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3171.msg90714#msg90714

and yes I did the Velociraptor, once they are all officially revealed I'll let everyone know which ones I did and eventually I'll post pictures of the originals in my collection thread.

Gwangi

Quote from: Doug Watson on October 04, 2016, 04:08:32 AM
Quote from: RolandEden on October 03, 2016, 10:06:14 PM
Not for this year.

Dr. Admin has also helped me with my Safari Ltd Liopleurodon, Elasmosaurus, and Plesiosuchus. He has also helped me acquire scientific papers for other pieces. If you look here you can see the other scientists that have helped me on specific pieces http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3171.msg90714#msg90714

and yes I did the Velociraptor, once they are all officially revealed I'll let everyone know which ones I did and eventually I'll post pictures of the originals in my collection thread.

I'm curious to know if the Velociraptor color design is based on or inspired by an extant bird species, it looks familiar but I can't place it.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Gwangi on October 04, 2016, 04:10:29 AM
I'm curious to know if the Velociraptor color design is based on or inspired by an extant bird species, it looks familiar but I can't place it.

I was originally inspired by the Ferruginous Hawk. My Tylosaurus paint job was loosely inspired by the Golden Tegu.

Gwangi

Quote from: Doug Watson on October 04, 2016, 04:25:56 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on October 04, 2016, 04:10:29 AM

I was originally inspired by the Ferruginous Hawk. My Tylosaurus paint job was loosely inspired by the Golden Tegu.

Ah yes! Very cool, I can see the similarity. I figured it must have been a raptor species. Also an appropriate color choice for the Tylosaurus, it's basically an aquatic tegu (well, monitor lizard actually, but close enough). The golden tegu is a beautiful animal.

AcroSauroTaurus

My opinion.

Tylosaurus: Only one figure today, probably to even out the ones left. Anyway, I love it! Its the best Tylosaurus figure in my opinion, I love the sculpt, colors, everything about it. Except the size, I feel that it could've been a bit bigger, t least the size of the Carnegie Tylo.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: