News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari: New for 2017

Started by Patrx, August 22, 2016, 08:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Quote from: crankydinosaur on October 05, 2016, 08:02:07 AM
are there any prehistoric mammals or anything Paleozoic in this 2017 spread?
no.

Flaffy

Very glad I held off on the PNSO einiosaurus, the Safari one looks so much better!
The deinocherius is far superior to the CollectA one, the natural yet stylish colours and patterns really suits this bizarre dinosaur. CollectA should really stop with the war paints and get more natural colours/colours that look nice together.
(Edit: Kinda foolish for me to bash the CollectA one, it's still a good model, has it's own charms)
Must haves for me:           High chance of getting:
Einiosaurus                       Feathered Velociraptor
Coelophysis                      Tylosaurus
Deinocheirus                     Microraptor

suspsy

It's ridiculous how some people are now bashing the CollectA Deinocheirus for no good reason. It's a superb toy, and this new WS version looks superb as well. There's no need to prop up one by bashing the other.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

tyrantqueen

Quote from: suspsy on October 05, 2016, 12:05:13 PM
It's ridiculous how some people are now bashing the CollectA Deinocheirus for no good reason. It's a superb toy, and this new WS version looks superb as well. There's no need to prop up one by bashing the other.

I agree.

Jose S.M.

I like collecta's Deinocheirus a lot, but I like to have one of each species for now. And between the two I prefer the Safari one at least in pictures and size. Probably going to get it and display them equally because i like them both.

Flaffy

I take back my comment :-[, the CollectA deinocherius is still a great model ^-^.
Is it possible for dinosaurs to drastically change colours to better suit the seasons?
CollectA deinocherius - Summer     Safari deinocherius - Winter     

Jose S.M.

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on October 05, 2016, 02:14:18 PM
I take back my comment :-[, the CollectA deinocherius is still a great model ^-^.
Is it possible for dinosaurs to drastically change colours to better suit the seasons?

I've seen animals do that, with fur or plumage and scales in reptiles and fish. animals can change skin colors for sexual or dominance displays, like when chameleons when they fight, you can see them getting more bold in coloration.

Jose S.M.

EarthboundEiniosaurus

YES ;D It looks absolutely amazing, great work Doug! I can't wait to add one of these to my shelf (or two, maybe three...) It takes all the amazing qualities of the Nasutoceratops and applies them to my all time favorite dinosaur, it's about time we got a great toy Einiosaurus!

Thanks,

Earthbound Einiosaurus
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Joe289 on October 05, 2016, 02:43:42 PM
Einiosaurus is up now:
https://www.safariltd.com/einiosaurus

What a beauty! :o I love Ceratopsians, really need to get this one! :D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on October 05, 2016, 02:14:18 PM

or male/female.

suspsy

The Einiosaurus looks great. It'll go perfectly with Doug's other ceratopsians.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CMIPalaeo

There's a reason the only brand I get ceratopsians from is Safari Ltd... The Einiosaurus is magnificent! Its scales are even more detailed and realistic than the preceding ceratopsians! (Still gotta get that Diabloceratops, and then once I have this I'll have what are probably the four best ceratopsian toys out there, alongside Nasutoceratops and Vagaceratops)
Once a man is tired of dinosaurs, he is tired of life; for there is in a dinosaur all that life can afford.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: CMIPalaeo on October 05, 2016, 03:10:42 PM
There's a reason the only brand I get ceratopsians from is Safari Ltd... The Einiosaurus is magnificent! Its scales are even more detailed and realistic than the preceding ceratopsians! (Still gotta get that Diabloceratops, and then once I have this I'll have what are probably the four best ceratopsian toys out there, alongside Nasutoceratops and Vagaceratops)

What about the Wild Safari Pachyrhinosaurus? Its a great figure too hehe.

Flaffy

Gonna be my first ceratopsian from Safari!

SpartanSquat

amargasaurus cazaui

Said it before..but while not in scale with larger models ...one of the best ceratopsians sculpted for mass market was the Torosaurus Doug did for Sue and friends. While small it is a gem
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Nanuqsaurus

Couldn't wait for the Einiosaurus, so in order to satisfy my need for beautiful Safari Ceratopsians I just ordered the Nasutoceratops! :P

Shonisaurus

In absolute terms Safari dinosaurs are made of outstandingly as I said in much more detail than before, that is, they are more finished than their predecessors.

Yes for me figure far less impressive is the parasaulophus.
Moreover, the Einiosaurus is magnificent.
  I have to say whether that Safari is my favorite company with Collecta this year have improved their figures dramatically. If outstanding were before their enrollment figures are now.

My only fear is two twofold:

PVC is not solid. Example Kronosaurus Carnegie
And the prototype differs with respect to the figure that is marketed. For example Guanlong whose real figure from the original unfortunately was far with respect to the advertising or commercial image.

Patrx

Another staggeringly successful Doug Watson ceratopsid! Can't wait to add it to the ranks. Last year's Nasutoceratops was unmatched for details and accuracy, but this looks every bit as good, maybe better.

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 04, 2016, 10:05:21 PM
Quote from: Patrx on October 04, 2016, 08:52:44 PM
The informational text seems to have been updated on the product pages for this year's figures. Mostly, it's really nicely written and pretty accurate compared to some of the "info" we've seen in the past.

;D I'm pleased somone noticed this since the copy is largely my own handiwork. An error or two may have been snuck in by the editor e.g they called Kronosaurus a dinosaur - a sin no plesiosaur palaeontologist would ever commit! - but they quickly corrected it when I pointed it out. Safari Ltd are obviously serious about their models and content, which is great for their reputation and adds so much value to their products.

I haven't read through all the live articles yet, so if you spot any mistakes, please let me know via PM.

That explains a lot! You know, I try to remain as objective as possible when it comes to brands, but Safari have been pretty impressive lately. Adam, you mentioned you'd consulted on the Quetzalcoatlus, Kronosaurus, Microraptor, Giganotosaurus, and Diplodocus, as well as Doug's Tylosaurus, yes? I'm curious, were you approached by the other sculptor, or by Safari themselves?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: