News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari: New for 2017

Started by Patrx, August 22, 2016, 08:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dilopho

Collecta has good paint jobs and very imaginative colours
Just not many people like that, the bright colours like modern animals, personally I like them....
Also their paint is usually not detailed on the standard models but they have some good exceptions.

Faelrin

I love the new Deinocheirus. I was thinking of picking up the CollectA one, I may still pick it up (I do like the bright colors on it), but I do prefer the sculpt on this one more at least, especially regarding the arm feathers. Either way I'm glad there's another figure of this amazing weird creature out there. The Einiosaurus looks tempting too. I've never even heard of that dinosaur before. Quite the unique horn on it. I'll have to pass on the Diplodocus though. It may eat up my small display space, that I need to reserve. That's not to say that I think Sauropod toys should be small, however. My current space situation just can't fit their needs. Hope the werewolf will be revealed soon. That's the last one I'm waiting to see now.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Rathalosaurus

I'm extremely happy!! These new models look astonishingly beautiful!
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Lanthanotus

Seems as if a serious number of bucks will migrate from a certain European wallet to a certain US based company during next season...

That Rexie is indeed a must have (if it only had lips, it would be perfect), aswell as the Quetz and Coelophysis (if only... yeah you know what). While I like the CollectA Deinocheirus more (since I customized it a bit) for its more elegant form, the Safari one has a big plus in coming without a base, so has a higher play value (not such a big point for myself, but I borrow these dinos to my son for playing) and that Diplo... well, its hind legs looks somewhat short and knock-kneed, but still its a nice sauropod figure.

John

Now that I've seen everything,the ones that stand out the most to me are the Tylosaurus,Kronosaurus,Coelophysis and Einiosaurus;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

tanystropheus

Quote from: John on October 05, 2016, 09:09:55 PM
Now that I've seen everything,the ones that stand out the most to me are the Tylosaurus,Kronosaurus,Coelophysis and Einiosaurus;D

If the Diplo looks as good as the promotional, I would say that we have another winner!

postsaurischian

:D I'm very very (very) impressed by Safari's new set-up!
    I think I looove the Diplodocus! .... and the Velociraptor .... and the Einiosaurus .... and ..........

Safari seems to regain the throne of the Dinosaur toy market.

postsaurischian

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 05, 2016, 07:44:31 PM
Placed a pre order for mine.....bought them all ...and the psittacosaurus x 12

:o :)) :))  I'm expecting a Garratt diorama with some pose alternations ;).

SpartanSquat

Mr Watson now the figures are revealed you will show us the originals models?

suspsy

Now that all thirteen toys are revealed, I believe I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that this looks to be Safari's best assortment ever, and Doug Watson's finest work ever. I know you don't like responding to praise, Doug, but if you're ever craving a nice glass of scotch, just say the word and it's on me!

I will almost certainly be getting all of these toys, although I'll spread the purchases out over the course of the year. Naturally, the T. rex and the Velociraptor will be top priority. I'm also really keen to add the Einiosaurus to my ceratopsian herd.

On that note, I will reiterate my desire for a Torosaurus in the future. And I hope that the 2018 assortment includes an ankylosaur or a stegosaur or both. My Sauropelta is lonely.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

terrorchicken

love the last 3 revealed models. That diplodocus may be replacing the NHM diplodocus I currently have(yep Im gonna be in need of shelf space as well.)

Daspletodave

The Einiosaurus, Diplodocus, and Kronosaurus are awesome. I'll probably end up getting all the new releases, except the Para.

leidy

Finally a diplodocus I can comb my hair with.

The Atroxious

I too prefer the Safari Deinocheirus to the CollectA version. The latter had a strange, awkward pose that I found rather unappealing, as well as the trademark sandy brown overlaid with badly applied splotches of bright color. For that matter, all the CollectA ornithomimosaurs bothered me in one way or another, the Struthiomimus being the worst offender, but since the 2016 lineup isn't available in the U.S., I never bought any of them, even though I'm clamoring to have decent ornithomimosaurs in my collection.

I'm almost certainly going to get the Safari Deinocheirus, though. The colors and the pose all look wonderful so far, and from what I can see, the details of the sculpt are very well done. I don't think there's anything wrong with preferring this model over the CollectA one, and in my opinion, it blows CollectA's out of the water.

tanystropheus

Really?! I think CollectA does a better job with ornithomimids than theropods.

Manatee

I really love the new Safari lineup; they'll be hard to beat next year. I'll probably be getting most of them, the Deinocheirus, Velociraptor, Coelophysis and Tyrannosaurus being my favorites. (A lot of favorites, I know. I'm a sucker for feathers.)

John

Quote from: tanystropheus on October 05, 2016, 10:24:22 PM
Quote from: John on October 05, 2016, 09:09:55 PM

If the Diplo looks as good as the promotional, I would say that we have another winner!
I think you'll be happy to know this:
All of the models seen in the forest diorama pics on Safari's site are actually production samples (resin prototypes do not have the lettering stamped onto the bottom of them or the "CE" label which can be seen on many of them if you look carefully),so the Diplodocus will basically look like what you see in that picture.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

suspsy

Quote from: tanystropheus on October 06, 2016, 12:20:03 AM
Really?! I think CollectA does a better job with ornithomimids than theropods.

As I said, it's ridiculous and incessantly provocative to try and prop up one good toy by denigrating another toy.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

tanystropheus

Quote from: suspsy on October 06, 2016, 01:15:09 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on October 06, 2016, 12:20:03 AM
Really?! I think CollectA does a better job with [CollectA's] ornithomimids than [CollectA's] theropods.

As I said, it's ridiculous and incessantly provocative to try and prop up one good toy by denigrating another toy.

I really, really like both versions of the CollectA Deinoecheirus. And I really, really like the WS Deinocheirus. Props to CollectA for putting the spotlight on Deinocheirus.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: postsaurischian on October 05, 2016, 10:41:57 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 05, 2016, 07:44:31 PM
Placed a pre order for mine.....bought them all ...and the psittacosaurus x 12

:o :)) :))  I'm expecting a Garratt diorama with some pose alternations ;).
You are of course right on target..two or three for that purpose and at least two more off to Canada to be highlighted Doug's signature.  Possibly I may prevail on Mr Sosa to find Paul Serrano to.sign another pair of them...and then there is of course my psittacosaur display itself which will need Ă few
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: