News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO 2016 releases

Started by Halichoeres, September 09, 2016, 03:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanthanotus

I like your knew paint scheme, looks very natural and lively. Personally I'd just emphasize the eyes a bit more, but overall I think your custom looks more believable then the original :)

Jose S.M.

Your repaint is really good, much more natural looking, I don't think the original is that bad but yours is better in my opinion.

Albertosaurus

Quote from: Lanthanotus on October 08, 2016, 06:44:14 PM
I like your knew paint scheme, looks very natural and lively. Personally I'd just emphasize the eyes a bit more, but overall I think your custom looks more believable then the original :)

Thanks man! Eyes are not painted yet. Lots of details are still missing!

tanystropheus

Excellent repaint, although I don't mind the original color. Most PNSO products seem to have a subdued paint job.

tanystropheus

Dinosaur Darkroom (Facebook) has a lot of NEW pictures of the Basilosaurus from every possible angle and lighting. Check it out, if you happen to be on the fence.

No, the shoulder spike is not emanating from the armpit!  ;D

acro-man

BIG NEWS
1/35 T-rex & Triceratops will be released in November!
We already saw T-rex sneak peeks, but Triceratops has never been leaked before.

I am already excited now! ;D
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Simon

Flaffy

Quote from: acro-man on October 20, 2016, 05:45:22 AM
BIG NEWS
1/35 T-rex & Triceratops will be released in November!
We already saw T-rex sneak peeks, but Triceratops has never been leaked before.

I am already excited now! ;D
WOOT WOOT! ;D

Dobber

YES!!!!

I was just about to ask if there was any new news about those other Tyrannosaurs that were showed a few pages back. I wonder if we'll be able to select which color scheme we want with the Rex or if one is an exclusive.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Dobber

Quote from: acro-man on September 28, 2016, 06:52:10 AM
I probably will not buy any one from this batch.
They are just too big.

Instead, I am waiting for the upcoming 1/35s:

Rumors say Zhao Chuang already have dozens of completed prototypes like this new 1/35 trex.
But the "product brochure" or "featured book" is not ready.
And sadly, it seems to be a really long wait.

In case anyone missed the post, here they are. I really wish I didn't get impatient and buy the original Rex now.  :( I'm just a sucker for Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Flaffy

Hopefully the factory can produce the same quality paint job as the prototype.
I wonder if they'll add articulation to the trike ^-^

Silvanusaurus

Is this new one from the same sculptor as the first rex they released? The difference between them seems quite astounding.

Albertosaurus

So the rex and the Trike are in the same scale? That is great news. I really want to see that Trike. I wonder if these are going to be cheaper since they are smaller than the previous line.

Acro-man, do you know if they will be available on Amazon at launch? Or will we have to wait for months like with the first two waves?

By the way, I would have loved the rex to be feathered though

Shadowknight1

Quote from: acro-man on September 28, 2016, 06:52:10 AM
Instead, I am waiting for the upcoming 1/35s:

I've been wondering when a T. rex would come along and dethrone the Papo Running T. rex as my main display scaly rex.  That is a BEAUTY!  I want it!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

acro-man

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on October 20, 2016, 03:15:06 PM
Is this new one from the same sculptor as the first rex they released? The difference between them seems quite astounding.

Yes. All of them are designed by ZHAO Chuang, the best (NOT one of) dinosaur reconstructor in China.
The first, duck-ish T-rex is a simplified version based on his original exhibition sculpture which has fine details, feathers, and a base.
The new one is however, based on another illustration by him.
The difference is, the first time PNSO didn't have experience in making toy models, and they were targeting at low-end children's market.
Now they pay more attention to the higher end.

Quote from: Albertosaurus on October 20, 2016, 06:25:51 PM
Acro-man, do you know if they will be available on Amazon at launch? Or will we have to wait for months like with the first two waves?

The first wave has a great delay on Amazon, but the second wave has a few days head start on Amazon than Taobao.
PNSO has opened their international market. Don't worry.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

ceratopsian

Thanks for all this interesting information, acro-man - we would find it hard otherwise to get such details from China!

I'm excited to hear that there will be a Triceratops - very much looking forward to seeing images in due course.

sauroid

i hope PNSO would start distributing their figures in toy outlets all over the world, instead of just online.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Flaffy

Quote from: sauroid on October 21, 2016, 11:14:38 AM
i hope PNSO would start distributing their figures in toy outlets all over the world, instead of just online.
Hopefully, but we should give them time.

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: acro-man on October 21, 2016, 06:39:31 AM
The difference is, the first time PNSO didn't have experience in making toy models, and they were targeting at low-end children's market.
Now they pay more attention to the higher end.

Wow... it's pretty mind blowing that such figures were concieved for children!

Daspletotyrannus

I can't wait to see the Triceratops.  The Tyrannosaurus looks awesome.  I may get it.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: