News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO 2016 releases

Started by Halichoeres, September 09, 2016, 03:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dobber

Quote from: The Atroxious on October 23, 2016, 04:51:43 AM
Now, I'm not a fan of Tyrannosaurus in general, but I'm one of those people who thinks it would have looked better with either more feathers or fewer scales. It looks altogether too lizardy, the way the scales and skin folds have been sculpted. I look at it, and I don't really see an archosaur so much as as a strange, bipedal squamate.

That's not to say scaly Tyrannosaurs can't look good, but as detailed as this sculpt is, it just looks off to me.

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on October 22, 2016, 10:25:00 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on October 22, 2016, 05:52:05 PM

Ain't gonna lie... the more boxy, angular ones always look cooler than curvy ones in my eyes. Most toys seem to go for the curved look as far as I can recall, which I find a slight shame.

Hear hear! The AMNH 973 and LACM 23844, look the best in my opinion. LACM 23845 also looks like it might have had a very handsome skull as an adult. As it is, most models seem to be based on FMNH PR2081 and Samson.

Question, why is everyone still using the AMNH 973 designation? Isn't it CM 9380 now, and has been for over 70yrs? Just curious as to the insistence on using the outdated code.

I do agree though that it CM 9380 (AMNH 973) looks right to me...makes sense as it is the Holotype specimen. Also AMNH 5027, and MOR 980.

Perhaps Samson is used so often because it's skull was so well preserved and not crushed and misshapen?

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

fason

would the "new" minis count in this thread ? haven't seen anyone mention them

stargatedalek

I don't see any new ones on Amazon.

Flaffy

Quote from: fason on October 23, 2016, 02:18:30 PM
New minis? Where?

tanystropheus

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on October 23, 2016, 06:48:00 PM
Quote from: fason on October 23, 2016, 02:18:30 PM
New minis? Where?

I think it was a reference to the Old minis. The Old minis have only been out for a month and are therefore New. Click on the banner to order them.  However, Amazon doesn't have an order for the New Rex yet. At least, that's my understanding of it.

fason

sorry I never realized the book set ones  were already talked about , saw them in a video and I thought they were new , my condolences .

Albertosaurus

Any news about the Trex and Trike? It is only one day left for november and we don't have news yet. Weren't they going to be available in November?

Flaffy

Quote from: Albertosaurus on October 31, 2016, 01:44:15 PM
Any news about the Trex and Trike? It is only one day left for november and we don't have news yet. Weren't they going to be available in November?
Patience my friend. There will be news sooner or later.

ceratopsian

My latest two minis arrived at the weekend - Olorotitan and Kentrosaurus.  Both very pleasing - I love them.  The good news - the little accompanying booklet is now in English.  I had contacted PNSO via Amazon a few weeks ago to say how happy I was with my various models and had asked if they would consider translating the booklets into a European language.  They replied quickly and very politely and said they had this in hand already and hoped to have booklets in English before Christmas.  If only I had English booklets for my big models too that I bought earlier!!

Halichoeres

New Triceratops added to page 1.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

acro-man

More trike pictures.
courtesy of the original poster 'ledcl1'
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4868684690
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Takama

IS it just me

or is there no way in Bakers beard that that model is in 1:35 scale?

MLMjp

Quote from: Takama on November 22, 2016, 02:02:47 AM
IS it just me

or is there no way in Bakers beard that that model is in 1:35 scale?

It is not
We disscussed that in the "PNSO dinosaur"s thread

sauroid

is that a repaint or the artist just improved the paint job?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoLord

Quote from: sauroid on November 22, 2016, 03:40:56 AM

I also wonder. It looks quite different but then it does have some of the standard wear and tear that other factory-production PNSO models have. It looks like a brighter version of what we've seen in the promo pics.

ceratopsian

Mine arrived this morning.  That really is pretty much how it looks.  The colours on the head are really quite bright.  It's a lot less "monochrome" than the original images suggested.

sauroid

Quote from: ceratopsian on November 23, 2016, 11:16:43 AM

Mine arrived this morning.  That really is pretty much how it looks.  The colours on the head are really quite bright.  It's a lot less "monochrome" than the original images suggested.
that is such great news. please post pics when youre able. thanks for the info. :)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Carnoking

Always had a soft spot for the PNSO Mandschurosaurus but for some reason I kept putting off getting it until it seemed to drop off the face of the earth and I was left kicking myself for never having pulled the trigger. Finally managed to get one off eBay 8 years later, and I will say, I'm still quite taken by it. It might not hold up in the accuracy department in some areas, and it's safe to say that PNSO's technique is much more refined these days, but these old vinyl models they did back then still pack a lot of charm.
Now hopefully some day I can stumble upon the Shantungosaurus and then I'll finally be caught up on these types of PNSO figures.

ceratopsian

I too still have a real soft spot for those vinyls.  They bring back all the excitement of first hearing about PNSO - and having boxes come to me all the way from China, along with the attendant difficulties of finding a way to pay the DTF member who sent them to me.

Halichoeres

Congrats on chasing that one down!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: