News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO 2016 releases

Started by Halichoeres, September 09, 2016, 03:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Quote from: sauroid on September 28, 2016, 09:50:06 AM
supporting them this early in the game would ensure that they would produce more great figures in the future. holding off til "next season" might just discourage them because of low sale. just saying.
I'm not too fond of the massive size of the regular PNSO, I still plan to get a few of the mini figures.

sauroid

for sure im getting about 13 of the minis.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Dobber

Wow! Those 2....Rex's.....look amazing. Especially the first one. I hope the do make it to market. Hopefully they will not be the super expensive statues that PNSO is also releasing.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Flaffy

Apon closer inspection, I think that the rexes have articulated jaws, wonderful! ;D
About the basilosaurus's articulated jaw, does the mouth close all the way, not exposing the teeth, or does it stop midway? Leaving a slightly opened mouth?

tyrantqueen

Oh my, that looks stunning. And 1/35 too, I'm sold.

Dobber

I wonder if they are Rex's or maybe Tarbosaurus or Zhuchengtyrannus?

Chris

suspsy

For some reason, that looks like Zhuchengtyrannus to me.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

ceratopsian

Quote from: acro-man on September 28, 2016, 06:52:10 AM

Instead, I am waiting for the upcoming 1/35s .....
Rumors say Zhao Chuang already have dozens of completed prototypes like this new 1/35 trex.
But the "product brochure" or "featured book" is not ready.
And sadly, it seems to be a really long wait.

Thanks for posting this acro-man.  The prospect of a line of 1:35s in the future is really good news.  I have four of the large models now - but there's only so much space available! 

I've bought some of the minis and will buy more - I'm particularly impressed with my Proceratosaurus and Tuojiangosaurus.  I love the (large!) Chungkingosaurus too - though one hindleg is a bit oddly set. But it still stands unaided.  All in all, excellent value.  By the way, I see that they are now available through Amazon.co.uk, not just Amazon.com.  I don't think I'll ever succumb to the temptation of one of their large limited edition statues - dear enough to start with, but a great deal dearer when you add in customs dues!

One thing - has anyone found a good solution to how to display "flying" models (not just PNSO) like the Confuciusornis?  I guess I need to hit eBay and see if there are any transparent supports that might work.

MLMjp

My jaw dropped and I got shivers down my spine when I saw those tyrannosaurs.
It´s a pity that they do not have feathers but.....

THEY LOOK AMAZING :o :o :o
They are in 1:35 scale also, that´s great! ;D ;D

I probably will not buy any one from this batch.
They are just too big.

Instead, I am waiting for the upcoming 1/35s:
Rumors say Zhao Chuang already have dozens of completed prototypes like this new 1/35 trex.
So now PNSO is going to start a 1:35 line? Awesome!
These figures will be made in PVC, right?
I´m so exited, a new highly detailed 1:35 scale line. If PNSO manages to do this well, there´s plenty to look for in the future. I think PNSO can be what Rebor should have been.
Quote from: Dobber on September 28, 2016, 01:16:57 PM
I wonder if they are Rex's or maybe Tarbosaurus or Zhuchengtyrannus?
Looking at the skull of the two figures, I think the first one is a Tyrannosaurus but the second one could be other Tyrannosaur.
If the first one is really a Tyrannosaurus, and it´s sold at a decent price....Then who needs the Papo rainbow Rex? >:D >:D I´m getting this one!!! ;D ;D

Long wait? :'( :'( :'( I was hoping to se this for christmas time.... :'( :'(

Albertosaurus

The chunkingosaurus is a great model but the paintjob makes it look like a cheap plastic toy. The colors are ugly and not lifelike at all. It is missing some kind of wash to make the details pop up, and it has a gloss varnish finish that is just terrible. I am going to repaint mine. Of course being that big, an airbrush and proper tools and paints are needed. That or send it to Martin.

Sculpt 10/10

Paint job 3/10

Halichoeres

Thanks for that news, acro-man! "Dozens of prototypes" has me drooling.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Silvanusaurus

I don't think theres any difference between the sculpts of those two rex images, it just looks like a slightly different pattern.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on September 28, 2016, 07:39:57 PM
I don't think theres any difference between the sculpts of those two rex images, it just looks like a slightly different pattern.

You are right. I compared the most noticiable skin folds and they are the same.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Rain

The legs look kinda stubby but it's still a beautiful rex. Definitely a must have for me. Sigh, I have way too many T rexs now

Dobber

Quote from: Rain on September 28, 2016, 10:56:41 PM
The legs look kinda stubby but it's still a beautiful rex. Definitely a must have for me. Sigh, I have way too many T rexs now

Lol! There is no such thing as too man T-Rex's for me  ;)

Chris

tanystropheus

It looks like a Tarbosaurus, or that's how I remember Tarbosaurus looking like as far as Kinto Collection is concerned.

The head is rather long and conforms to CollectA's interpretation of T-rex and Struthiomimus prey.

Does anyone know if the slightly longer T-rex skull "look" is based on skeletal restoration interpretations or a stylistic variant?

Dobber

Quote from: Rain on September 28, 2016, 10:56:41 PM

Have you ever noticed how stubby Sue's legs look compared to the rest of the animal?  The pubic boot looks like it is only a few feet off the ground. When you imagine flesh on the specimen...it looks kind of odd. Something I think the new safari Rex is replicating well.

Chris

Tyrannosauron

Not sure if anyone's noticed this, but the minis (not the big'uns, alas) are now available through Amazon Prime--meaning shorter delivery times (and free for Amazon members).

yankeetrex

Literally drooling at the Megalodon and the New Rex.  I'm hoping they make some large scale sea reptiles, but that Megalodon will be mine.  Finally something that doesn't just look like a big Great White.

pylraster

I probably will not buy any one from this batch.
They are just too big.

Instead, I am waiting for the upcoming 1/35s:

I like it. Might as well be my very first PNSO if it comes out!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: