News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2012 Figures

Started by DinoToyForum, March 10, 2012, 09:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brontozaurus

Quote from: Takama on April 07, 2012, 04:12:57 AM
http://www.tgftoys.com/2012-CollectA-Releases_c1196.htm

TGF Toys has listed the 2012 items from CollectA. However, it says that they will not be in until June.

Also, Dan has told me that CollectA will be Raising the prices of some of there older figures.

slight bad news for big CollectA maniacs like me

Depends on what older figures get a price raise. If they're good figures, then it's bad news. If they're incredibad figures like the Eustreptospondylus, then it's not so bad.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Gryphoceratops

Quote from: Brontozaurus on April 07, 2012, 09:14:41 AM
Quote from: Takama on April 07, 2012, 04:12:57 AM
http://www.tgftoys.com/2012-CollectA-Releases_c1196.htm

TGF Toys has listed the 2012 items from CollectA. However, it says that they will not be in until June.

Also, Dan has told me that CollectA will be Raising the prices of some of there older figures.

slight bad news for big CollectA maniacs like me

Depends on what older figures get a price raise. If they're good figures, then it's bad news. If they're incredibad figures like the Eustreptospondylus, then it's not so bad.

lol yeah I was gonna say Who cares?  Most of the older figures are terrible anyway. 

Yutyrannus

Hello, I just signed up and I wanted to say that I found the Papo running T-rex at Dollhouse and Toys yesterday. Also how do you post pictures? I wanted to enter the diorama contest and post some pictures of the T-rex.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Yutyrannus on April 12, 2012, 03:28:49 AM
Hello, I just signed up and I wanted to say that I found the Papo running T-rex at Dollhouse and Toys yesterday. Also how do you post pictures? I wanted to enter the diorama contest and post some pictures of the T-rex.
In short, you need to upload the picture to a image hosting site (such as photobucket or imageshack) and then copy paste the IMG URL into your post.

Well, that's what I do :)

EDIT - This is off topic. It would be more appropriate to redirect the question to the appropriate thread, here:
http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,173.0.html
ADMIN

tyrantqueen

Well, to get the thread back on track, I've noticed Geene models AKA Galileo H has a new Suchomimus available for pre-order

Ugh...I so want this guy :(

I hope it's ok to talk about this...after all that controversy. I wanna get his Chasmo and Giga too but after hearing about....y'know....I'm not sure if I want to chance it.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 12, 2012, 05:35:26 AM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on April 12, 2012, 03:28:49 AM
In short, you need to upload the picture to a image hosting site (such as photobucket or imageshack) and then copy paste the IMG URL into your post.

Well, that's what I do :)

EDIT - This is off topic. It would be more appropriate to redirect the question to the appropriate thread, here:
http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,173.0.html

ADMIN

Thanks, and also does anyone know when the Papo baby T-rexes will be released?

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Simon

Re:  Galileo - I have seen no complaints about his customer service on the other boards I attend where he is a member, other than the occasional apology for tardy mailings from time to time (which is not all that uncommon in the business of kit making).  I really think that the episode on the previous board had more to do with personality issues than anything else.  And G's short temper, which got him banned...

Blade-of-the-Moon

I like the spiney look to it. Suchomimus is my 2nd favorite dinosaur. ;D 

After looking at it for a bit I think the skull is too thick..it's a lot like his JP3 Spinosaurus really. Sucho had a really thin skull. I expect Malcolm to do a better job showing that particular feature like with his really nice Spinosaurus :

The only real difference is it's in  1/40 not 1/35 .

I don't see an issue discussing the Geene Models pieces here just like we do with any other company. Ordering from them is of course your own business unless you are specifically asking for other's opinions.

tyrantqueen

QuoteAfter looking at it for a bit I think the skull is too thick..it's a lot like his JP3 Spinosaurus really. Sucho had a really thin skull. I expect Malcolm to do a better job showing that particular feature like with his really nice Spinosaurus
I see what you mean...he does tend to JP-ize a lot of his models. I still love the Giga and Chasmo though.  :)

On the old forum a couple of people gave Galileo negative feedback, that kinda made me reluctant. Plus I was worried the mods might think I was dredging up all that drama again.

Anyway, lookie what I found on Shapeways.

This particular one is 1/35 scale, but it costs about $130 >_<

He's gorgeous, I want hiiiiiiim :(

Tylosaurus

The sail looks a bit weird on that one Tyrantqueen, but yeah for the rest it's a very neat model indeed , I wonder what colors it will get, unless it's a Monochome model :)

indy1936

Anyone receive their Carnegie Brachiosaurus yet? Any new photos to help get an idea of scale? Looks like its on backorder until mid/late May.

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 12, 2012, 05:25:36 PM

....... lookie what I found on Shapeways.

This particular one is 1/35 scale, but it costs about $130 >_<

He's gorgeous, I want hiiiiiiim :(

I must say - I like it :). And it really seems to be in 1:36, unfortunately even a bit more expensive, about $160 :(.

But there's also a 1:100 version and an ultra mini of 1.3 inches length :D.

Krissy

I realize I'm late to the party here but *squee* an actual decent Ceratosaurus figure! I've been waiting for ever for that, feels long overdue. Does anyone know what scale the dead Triceratops is in?

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Krissy on April 12, 2012, 11:02:51 PM
I realize I'm late to the party here but *squee* an actual decent Ceratosaurus figure! I've been waiting for ever for that, feels long overdue. Does anyone know what scale the dead Triceratops is in?

Based on the photos I've seen, it looks a little small to be the standard 1:40 scale, I'd guess it's 1:50.  I don't have the figure yet though, so I can't say for certain. :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Zopteryx on April 12, 2012, 11:44:02 PM
Quote from: Krissy on April 12, 2012, 11:02:51 PM

Based on the photos I've seen, it looks a little small to be the standard 1:40 scale, I'd guess it's 1:50.  I don't have the figure yet though, so I can't say for certain. :)

Could be a juvenile ..since Torosaurus is the adult form.. ;)

That Spino looks pretty cool..and I would certainly consider getting him..but the tail is an issue..why have posed like that and not up / straight ?

Maybe David will do us a Spino as well.. can you ever get enough sailbacks ? ;D

Seijun

The tail bothers me as well. Otherwise, it's a great model.

In other news.. Does anyone know when Bullyland considers the season to be officially summer?
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

postsaurischian

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 13, 2012, 01:26:51 AM
That Spino looks pretty cool..and I would certainly consider getting him..but the tail is an issue..why have posed like that and not up / straight ?

The reason for this might be model length restrictions at Shapeways.
The 1:100 version has a more or less stretched out tail.

Lio99

Hey does anyone know when the new schleich dinosaurs will come out and how much smaller are they to the origanal schleich dinos.
I have also herd five of their theropods will have articulated lower jaws, wander where they got that idea  ;D
but its good to see schleich becoming more like the other brands. 

indy1936

Here is another image to give a clue as to the new Brachiosaurus height as compared to the old version.  The shoulder height of the old Brachiosarus is compared (with a red line) to the height of the tree on the far right side of the image.  The new model's head comes to the top of the same tree in the 2nd photo.  Of course the shelf with the tree seems slightly behind the dino shelf.

Gryphoceratops

Aw man it looks so small!!!!  >:(

I may just stick with my WS from 2010 if its that size indeed.  What's the difference really?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: