News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2012 Figures

Started by DinoToyForum, March 10, 2012, 09:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

indy1936

The shoulder height seems well below that pictured above.

indy1936

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on April 13, 2012, 10:52:59 PM
Aw man it looks so small!!!!  >:(

I may just stick with my WS from 2010 if its that size indeed.  What's the difference really?

Kind of blows that they didn't make him at least the same size as the old Carnegie Brachio.  The new Carnegie Diplo is 1:40 and the new Brachio seems like it will be small next to him.  Its great to be able to compare sauropod sizes when in the same scale.  Why did they make this change? I can kind of see making smaller creatures larger. But shrinking down the majestic Brachio to be a midget seems lame. He should tower over the other guys!

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm reserving judgment on the new Brachio still it's in-hand.  If the size is indeed close enough it will cool to repaint one to match the other.

Joel

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 13, 2012, 11:24:19 PM
I'm reserving judgment on the new Brachio still it's in-hand.
Same here, although when does it get released? July, right? That may be a little late, because I was planning on buying a Bob Morales 1/35 Brachiosaurus off ebay if the Carnegie Brachio is too small, and Bob says his will be a limited release. I'd rather it be too big to go with my 1/40 dinos than too small.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Joel on April 14, 2012, 06:09:12 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 13, 2012, 11:24:19 PM
I'm reserving judgment on the new Brachio still it's in-hand.
Same here, although when does it get released? July, right? That may be a little late, because I was planning on buying a Bob Morales 1/35 Brachiosaurus off ebay if the Carnegie Brachio is too small, and Bob says his will be a limited release. I'd rather it be too big to go with my 1/40 dinos than too small.

I had heard April, now May I think. If the deadline starts getting down to the wire then I would just spring for the Morales one.

anchry6

The fact that the Carnegie is the market leader in dino toy in my opinion this is even more serious this diminution of scale
  >:( >:(

:D

neovenator08

Quote from: dinotoyforum on March 10, 2012, 09:30:00 AM

Neovenator - Deluxe 1:40 scale JAN
So, where in the UK would I be able to get the CollectA Neovenator, and how much does it cost?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: anchry6 on April 14, 2012, 02:02:35 PM
The fact that the Carnegie is the market leader in dino toy in my opinion this is even more serious this diminution of scale

Safari lists the scale of both the old and new Brachi as 1:50 .

I think a lot has to do with the neck position being so low..it's kind of hard to tell..hopefully if the neck was arched up it would be just as tall as the old one.

John

Quote from: indy1936 on April 13, 2012, 10:58:35 PM

Time to stir up something just because I can....
I have noticed something in the poster on the Carnegie collection display,the dinosaurs depicted in the artwork shows Tyrannosaurus,Oviraptor,Ankylosaurus,and Brachiosaurus(as in B.altithorax) which are in or will be very soon in the line.It also shows two that are not,Edmontosaurus and Pentaceratops.Could this be a sign of things to come perhaps?
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: John on April 14, 2012, 10:49:15 PM

I have noticed something in the poster on the Carnegie collection display,the dinosaurs depicted in the artwork shows Tyrannosaurus,Oviraptor,Ankylosaurus,and Brachiosaurus(as in B.altithorax) which are in or will be very soon in the line.It also shows two that are not,Edmontosaurus and Pentaceratops.Could this be a sign of things to come perhaps?

Not sure what you can take from that art work other than the colors of the new Brachio and pose are being used and similar.

Some of those shown have been made..but aren't  alike in  colors or even pose and detail-wise. Edmontosaurus is in the WS line as well..but a 1/40 could be cool..and Pentaceratops would be pretty neat as well.

Bokisaurus

[/quote]
[/quote]

Well, one would hope. That would be a pretty cool lineup, yes? ;)
Just ordered this Brachi puppy, hope it realy is available and will be arriving on my doorstep very soon! :)

Meso-Cenozoic

Hmm, I wondered a bit too about those other dinos when I first saw that poster way back when. Were their designs just made simply for the poster? I mean, next year is their big 25th anniversary. Might some of them be some clues to what we might expect? There was some conjecture about redoing some of their older figures for their 25th. Could we possibly see a blue-toned, closed-mouth T.rex??? And for a new figure, I would LOVE a Pentaceratops that looks like that!

Concerning the 2012 Carnegie Brachi's release date, I was told by Dean @ DeJankins that he is expecting his first shipment of them around mid-May. And as far as his size, he looks like he'd be best suited to pose alongside the WS figures, rather than the larger Carnegie dinos. Either way, he's just too 'purdy' a sculpt to pass up!

Krissy

Darn, I guess I'm going to have to pass on the new Carnegie Brachi then. Shame, he looked so good.

Horridus

I'm a bit disappointed that it's not bigger, but it's still a really well-made figure by the look of it. It will compliment the Wild Safari nicely, and I already have brachiosaurs of varying sizes anyway (from the monster old-school Carnegie down to Dinotales...!)
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

anchry6

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 14, 2012, 04:52:33 PM
Quote from: anchry6 on April 14, 2012, 02:02:35 PM

Safari lists the scale of both the old and new Brachi as 1:50 .

I think a lot has to do with the neck position being so low..it's kind of hard to tell..hopefully if the neck was arched up it would be just as tall as the old one.

Maybe I have not explained well. What I meant was just that being the market leader in the market should try to better respond to the demands of collectors. In your opinion how many collectors would buy more if it was the brachiosaurus scale of 1:40? I believe many. So I think it's a missed opportunity!
Anyway, thanks for your answer.

John

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 15, 2012, 07:09:37 AM
Quote from: John on April 14, 2012, 10:49:15 PM

Not sure what you can take from that art work other than the colors of the new Brachio and pose are being used and similar.

Some of those shown have been made..but aren't  alike in  colors or even pose and detail-wise. Edmontosaurus is in the WS line as well..but a 1/40 could be cool..and Pentaceratops would be pretty neat as well.
It could be nothing more than just a poster they decided to use,but I remember a long time ago (in 1991) there being a dinosaur poster released that showed all the dinosaurs and prehistoric animals that were in the Carnegie line at the time,plus two that were not,Iguanodon and Spinosaurus.They would turn out to be the two releases the following year.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Horridus

Safari might claim that the old "Brachiosaurus" is 1:50 scale, but it's definitely 1:40. It towers over even the Bullyland and Invicta that are around 1:45 scale. If the new one is 1:50, I would expect it to be markedly smaller. Not that it bothers me too much, as I said...
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

indy1936

Quote from: Horridus on April 15, 2012, 06:52:06 PM
Safari might claim that the old "Brachiosaurus" is 1:50 scale, but it's definitely 1:40. It towers over even the Bullyland and Invicta that are around 1:45 scale. If the new one is 1:50, I would expect it to be markedly smaller. Not that it bothers me too much, as I said...

I agree. I don't think Safari has always been the best with determining their dinosaur scales. The new one definitely appears smaller than the old. I have their catalogs going back quite a few years. The old Brachiosaurus (2nd mold) has been listed by them over the years as all of the following: 1:40, 1:80, 1:50.

ZoPteryx

Shame about the Carnegie Brachiosaurus being so small, it looks like its shoulder height is about the same as their Camarasaurus.

postsaurischian

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 12, 2012, 09:34:40 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 12, 2012, 05:25:36 PM

....... lookie what I found on Shapeways.

This particular one is 1/35 scale, but it costs about $130 >_<

He's gorgeous, I want hiiiiiiim :(

I must say - I like it :). And it really seems to be in 1:36, unfortunately even a bit more expensive, about $160 :(.

But there's also a 1:100 version and an ultra mini of 1.3 inches length :D.

Here it happened again ::). My order of the 1:100 version was cancelled (thin walls: < 0.7 mm).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: