News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2012 Figures

Started by DinoToyForum, March 10, 2012, 09:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

indy1936

Quote from: Zopteryx on April 16, 2012, 12:19:14 AM
Shame about the Carnegie Brachiosaurus being so small, it looks like its shoulder height is about the same as their Camarasaurus.

There is still hope the Brachio might be bigger than we think if the shelf with the tree is set back a bit.  It looks like it might be back a few inches from the Brachio shelf. The tree is listed as 6.75" on safari ltd.  The old Brachio has a shoulder height of about 5.75".   I made this diagram of the new brachio so we might be safe. The perspective on this guy is at a slight angle though so it could be off a half inch or so. 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just received my new issue of PT #101 , it has a pic comparing the new Brachi with the old one. It looks a little less massive in body thickness and limb size but over all the dimensions look pretty close..the neck and head appear very similar.   I don't think anyone will be too disappointed in it.

indy1936

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 19, 2012, 01:23:52 AM
Just received my new issue of PT #101 , it has a pic comparing the new Brachi with the old one. It looks a little less massive in body thickness and limb size but over all the dimensions look pretty close..the neck and head appear very similar.   I don't think anyone will be too disappointed in it.

Great! Can't wait to get the new issue!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: indy1936 on April 19, 2012, 02:29:28 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 19, 2012, 01:23:52 AM

Great! Can't wait to get the new issue!

Yeah !

It is a little shorter than the old Brach..but not to the degree of the WS that I can tell..you could call it a female or a sub-adult..or just a different sized individual even.  I'd like to see a custom that brings the neck up a bit though... ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hah ! Got my stupid camera to work ! ;D

Here is the pic showing the old and new Carnegie Brachios :

Himmapaan

Excellent. Now y'all can jest quit yer whinin'...

:P ;D

Looks like a pretty decent size. Not that it would have bothered me at all events. Small does not negate quality. And space is at such a premium for me that if I liked small things before, I have even more reason to prefer it than ever.

sauroid

the size difference is minimal.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Seijun

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 21, 2012, 03:14:43 AM
Hah ! Got my stupid camera to work ! ;D

Here is the pic showing the old and new Carnegie Brachios :

This pleases me.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Bokisaurus

Looks nice, can't wait till its finally released!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: sauroid on April 21, 2012, 03:58:34 AM
the size difference is minimal.

Yeah it look like an inch or so shorter is all..will be less bulky of course..but so was the new Diplo..so no worries there.

Tyrannosaurid lover

Theres isnt a great diference of size, but the Epic posse and  muscle of the original make its feel little and insicnificant
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

tyrantqueen

Well don't forget that they're not on equal footing. The old Brachio in the pic looks a little bit higher up.

Anyway, I still like the new Brachio regardless of its size. I still prefer the Safari Brachio, but this guy isn't bad at all  :)

DC

Hardest thing is to put a new take on a well known dinosaur.  I think Forest got it right.  The difference scale is within the range for compatibility with 1/40.   

[attachment msg=6606][/attachment]
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Dan

She looks surprisingly robust next to Old Gray. I like it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

It would have been great to make it a bit bigger..like if they're shoulders were at the same height..but it's cool. I'm still buying it.

Any idea what the current ETA for this one is Dan ?

DC

Hi.

I thought the CollectA THERIZINOSAURUS was their best feathered figure yet.  While feathers are not known from the fossils several close relatives are known to have had feathers.  I think it looks much better than the extant figures on the market.  I have not seen the  Bullyland figure yet. I like it much better than the naked  FameMaster and Jaxs figure.

Randy

[attachment msg=6618][/attachment]

Krissy

Great to see a comparison picture for the new Carnegie Brachiosaurus, looks more promising now. Honestly however I'm really not up to date with my Sauropod knowledge, just how out-of-date is the old Carnegie Brachiosaurus? Is he laughable or just a bit too bulky?

DC

Depends on how you define Brachiosaurus.  If you include the African material which is more complete but may not be Brachiosaurus  you get a different animal from what you get with only the scrappier North American fossils.  The consensus seems to be moving towards an animal with a longer, lighter body with a longer tail.  Camarasaurus supremus  is likely the heavier animal.

Takama

Quote from: Krissy on April 21, 2012, 07:44:16 PM
Great to see a comparison picture for the new Carnegie Brachiosaurus, looks more promising now. Honestly however I'm really not up to date with my Sauropod knowledge, just how out-of-date is the old Carnegie Brachiosaurus? Is he laughable or just a bit too bulky?

Its neck is in what we call a Parascope position, meaning its going straght up when it should be held more forwards.

OW the new guy is now avaible for purchus

http://www.shopatron.com/products/productdetail/Carnegie+Scale+Model+Dinosaur+Collectibles+Brachiosaurus/part_number=410701/740.0.1.1.33307.70684.1008070.0.0?pp=12&

Mightyjptrex

Ah hello again Carnegie Brach  :))

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: