You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Roselaar's Collection Version 1: 2012-2017

Started by Roselaar, June 07, 2012, 06:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice scores! I actually sold my Pteradactylus, but I did finally complete my collection of Tyco dinos this past year with the Pachyrhinosaurus.  :)

ITdactyl

Quote from: Roselaar on December 30, 2013, 01:34:51 PM
The last 2013 acquisitions in my case:

The rare Dino Riders Series 3 Quetzalcoatlus (no accessories unfortunately) and elusive premium giveaway Pterodactylus.
More Dino Riders figures currently on their way, so I'm both ending this year and starting next year with Tycosaurs. :)

Nice haul Roselaar!

that pterodactylus... ugh... that and those small rhamphorhynchus from the brontosaurus set are the only 2 left on my tycosaurs wishlist.  Just soooo hard to get.

@Blade, I actually wanted to buy your pterodactylus when you posted it, but the wallet disagreed at that time.  It's still a nagging bit of regret... like a jp compy in a dark room....

Blade-of-the-Moon

I loved those little rhamphorynchus..carried them around with me til I lost them. 

lol no worries. I listed it on ebay and I think a forum member snagged it then. The addy seemed familiar at the time.

Roselaar

I actually found the premium Pterodactyl rather easy to get. I see them popping up on eBay every now and then, and in this case I was the sole bidder. Maybe I was just lucky. Still need those darn dive bombing Rhamphs though...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Roselaar

My only dinosaur acquisitions so fasr this year:

Tyco Dino Riders Pachycephalosaurus and Megatherium. Very neat figures and more or less complete too.

Libraraptor

Wow, it seems you buy whatever you can get, insatiable but tasteful. I love that transparent custom made Pliosaur. Has dinotoyforum already seen it?!

Roselaar

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 09, 2014, 10:40:19 PM
Has dinotoyforum already seen it?!

Good question. Since it's one of a kind, he might be better off remaining ignorant about it. :)

Logo7

Hello Roselaar. Can I talk business with you? Though I am only 11 (don't wory, I'm allowed to be on here), I am a serious collector of dinosaur toys. I know that some of your figures carry nostalgia and you just got the recent new toys from the movie, but some of them, mostly the the doubles look interesting to me. for instance, one of the JP Lycenops or two of the JP Ceoelophysis, or one of the JP Ornithosuchus, or some of those old figures like that Corythosaurus, Plateosaurus, Therizinosaurus, Paleoscinicus, Nothosaurs, and others. I understand if you don't want to, but I might have some good ones for trade if you accept. I have a few extras I can give a new place in your home. Once I see what you will sell, I will post my want list. If nothing, I am good. Thanks for doing business with me.

Roselaar

Quote from: Logo7 on February 13, 2014, 09:11:02 PM
Hello Roselaar. Can I talk business with you? Though I am only 11 (don't wory, I'm allowed to be on here), I am a serious collector of dinosaur toys. I know that some of your figures carry nostalgia and you just got the recent new toys from the movie, but some of them, mostly the the doubles look interesting to me. for instance, one of the JP Lycenops or two of the JP Ceoelophysis, or one of the JP Ornithosuchus, or some of those old figures like that Corythosaurus, Plateosaurus, Therizinosaurus, Paleoscinicus, Nothosaurs, and others. I understand if you don't want to, but I might have some good ones for trade if you accept. I have a few extras I can give a new place in your home. Once I see what you will sell, I will post my want list. If nothing, I am good. Thanks for doing business with me.

Hi there. I've got my own trade/sales thread right here:

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=59.0

Some of the doubles you'll find in my thread (and I know there are many!) are not mentioned in this classifieds thread, since I prefer to stick to them for the time being. If it's JP figures you want, you're kinda out of luck, as I sold quite a large numer of doubles less than a year ago, including some of the figures you mentioned. However, if you have something cool to trade, I might very well be persuaded. And I do like to think there's an item or two in my thread that are worth any dinosaur aficionado's while. :)

Roselaar

An update on recent acquired stuff.

Bandai minis. Not accurate, but cute in their own respect.

Bullyland Protochirotherium. Not cute, but accurate in its own respect.

Bunch of various Kaiyodosaurs. Cute, accurate, detailed; anything you want in your dinosaur figures, except for size and acquirability maybe.

Collecta Ichthyovenator and Quetz. Pretty neat figures.

Collecta Stegosaurus corpse and Xenoceratops. Even better.

Roselaar

Some more nifty recent additions:

Happinet and Sega Dinosaur King figures. I hear the T-Rex is a fairly rare variation. And it's translucent too.  :)

JP III Kaiyodo Coca Cola figures. Pretty good, but not on Dino Tales level. Still need many of thise set's figures.

Papo Archaeopteryx. Papo's most colourful prehistoric figure to date is also the most detailed and gorgeous, though not the most accurate, example of this species to date.

The recent Bullyland Smilodon and Machairodus. The limbs are off and Bully still hasn't mastered animal eyes. Otherwise these are okay figures, but in no way remarkable.

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: Roselaar on April 14, 2013, 01:28:24 PM
Some more dinosaur pics for y'all:

One huge UKRD Apatosaurus and some weird looking unidentified Brachiosaurus.

I've got a t-rex and a styraco that look just like your brachio. Can you tell me where did you buy it as i would like to get one myself.
Thanks

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Roselaar

I bought that Brachiosaurus on a flea market, but I know nothing about it otherwise... If you have any info about the line it belongs to, don't hesitate to share.

Invicta Hunter

Sorry but i don't know anything about these big figures. I would like to know more about them but they have no markings and i haven't seen them in many peoples collections, just one or two.

Roselaar

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on April 23, 2014, 05:34:46 PM
Sorry but i don't know anything about these big figures. I would like to know more about them but they have no markings and i haven't seen them in many peoples collections, just one or two.

My exact same problem. Guess they will remain a mystery for now then.  :P

Roselaar

Here's a few more fairly new additions ot my collection:

Bullyland Lambeosaurus. Wonderful figure.

Bullyland Europasaurus. Also quite good, despite its weird head.

New Carnegie T-Rex. Decent figure, but I prefer the previous Rex of this line. This paint job is just damn sloppy.

The Wild Safari line has finally outdone the once prestigious Carnegie line with excellent figures like this trio.

And this Safari figure is quite beautiful as well, though the lighting helps too. It doesn't look that detailed or impressive in reality, but is still one of the finest Ammonite figures around.

Roselaar

Here's a few more recent additions:

Colorata Discover Dinosaurs Cretaceous set boxes.

Set 1, opened. Good Pterosaurs.

Set 2, opened. Excellent marine reptiles.

Favorite Tamba Sauropod. Real beauty, despite its awkward shiny quality.

Roselaar

The obsessive collecting continues:

Scored these at the King's Day flea market this year. A decent bunch, though no spectacular finds. I applaud any of you who can identify them all. :)

Also jumped on the Tedco bandwagon. Might as well, as these re-releases too aren't gonna be available forever. Might as well get them while you still can, they're totally worth it!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: