You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Roselaar's Collection Version 1: 2012-2017

Started by Roselaar, June 07, 2012, 06:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinomike

Quote from: Roselaar on June 08, 2012, 02:58:42 PM
Now these are classic big Chinasaurs. In fact, the black Trike and the Rex were among my very first dinosaur toys at age 3. Oh, the sweet memories! :)

Keep those comments coming!  ;)

My grandparents bought me one of those Brontosaurus dinos. (I believe it was called Brintosaurus.) Oh boy I loved it! It has forever remained as the original dinosaur to me. I took it everywhere with me.  It was the start of my collection.  It got beried in sand and mud and I built parks for it well before JP. Those really were the times of careless childhood!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Dinomike

Thank you for the videos! I enjoyed them and what a wonderful and astonishing collection you have! I felt very nostalgic about the Dino Rider section as I had many of those creatures but they were all sold at a flea market some fifteen years ago. I would never make that mistake again!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Roselaar

Here's a few more figures I added to the collection in the fall of last year.

The awesome new Sega T-Rex, plus a painted Invicta Megalosaurus, an Invicta Dimetrodon and an Inpro Ankylosaurus.

Fantastic Araki exclusive Concavenator and Pelecanimimus. Undoubtedly the best figures of both species around. I can imagine this set is gonna be highly sught after if Favorite isn't doing a re-release of sorts.

The wonderful first foursome of the new Battat Terra line. I hope their successors will prove equally formidable.

Roselaar

Some more recent stuff:

Various wonderful Kaiyodo Dinotales figures. It's impossible not to love Kaiyodosaurs!

More Kaiyodo and the regular set of Furuta figures. Also quite nice, though not as good as Kaiyodo.

Favorite's latest prehistoric critters. The big Dunkleosteus is awesome. Who wouldn't want a big soft armoured killer fish for kids to cuddle with? :)

Roselaar

Here's a few more splendid recent additions to my collection:

A second, larger Simolestes figure produced by my brother-in-law via Shapeways. A very nice figure with a definite monochrome Invicta vibe (the stand alone is clearly inspired by that classic line). I'll grant it's not without its flaws, but the man is not into paleontology so I'll overlook it.

Another batch of beautiful Kaiyodosaurs, mostly Series 5. Some of the coolest dinosaur sculpts the compane produced here. The paint job on the Ceolophysis and Spinosaurus are nothing short of amazing for figures of this size.

A big lot I scored on the British eBay. Many wonderful figures here, including old Bullyland, nifty AAA, cool little Dinosaur King and assorted 'other' figures. As well as a bunch of them that still need ID-ing.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

joossa

A big lot? I would say ginormous lot. You're putting quite the strain on your little table there. ;)
Also, congrats on acquiring the Araki Concavenator and Pelecanimimus.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Roselaar

The first figured I scored this year:

Jurassic Park Dinosaurs figures. Didn't have these MIB, thought I'd might as well catch them now that they're still affordable. God, I miss Kenner's designs...  :-\

Jasman Gallimimus. Most of this line consists of Chinasaurs, but this is one fabulous exception. It looks grand (though a little oudated) and is surprisingly large. Certainly one of the best Galli figures around.

A big lot of old Schleich, Bullyland and Papo I scored on Marktplaats (basically your Dutch eBay). Remember the good old days when Schleich still made figures of interesting species, and sometimes good one too? Some of them found right here. Incidentally, many of these figures are currently up for trade/sale in my Classifieds thread.

Libraraptor

I like your style of collecting, with a good intuation for quality, a broad spread of lines and species and always huge amounts :-)

cooey2ph

charming chinasaurs! personally, I don't mind the cheesy dino toys in my collection. Weird, but I enjoy buying handfuls of these :)

Doug Watson

Just watched your video and all I can say is WOW! and you are still adding to it!!!

Roselaar

Quote from: Doug Watson on May 13, 2015, 03:22:05 PM
Just watched your video and all I can say is WOW! and you are still adding to it!!!

Yeah, that's not likely to stop soon, even though I'm rapidly running out of space.  ;D

Roselaar

More new additions:

Awesome haul of the latest Papos and safaris, and my first Rebor. Hopefully not the last, this line looks wonderful!

Various Kaiyodosaurs. Only one new sculpt for me, so mostly colour variations. But Kaiyodo is one of those few companies where all the variants are totally worth it too.

My first JW figure. First to pop up in stores anywhere, but so far, the only one I managed to find. From the looks of it, this is one of the finer sculpts of the line. The gyrosphere is fun too, but the human figure is totally silly.

Halichoeres

Nice haul! I agree about the Kaiyodos. That's the only manufacturer from which I have any variants at all. (Okay, and one Papo, but I'm actively trying to sell that one). Also, watched the video walk-through recently and just about blew my mind. I'm surprised there's anything left that you don't have ;)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

Some great stuff I acquired earlier this year:

JP bumper stickers and fabulous Sega Dinosaur King/Happinet figures. Many of the smaller figures belong to the rare second series that I think was released only in Japan.

Some Carnegie classics. Outdated, but still very cool.

Also outdated but less cool Schleich Stegosaurus, and the wonderful Kaiyodo Kitadaniryu.

Roselaar

More recent stuff. This is how King's Day treated me this year, and it treated me rightly! :)

Little dinosaur 3D puzzles. Don't know the brand, but they look alright.

Lots of little dinosaur figures, including some Safari and Kaiyodo knock-offs. Also a rare Linde Rhamphorhynchus for only 10 cents.

Other figures. It's amazing what diversity you can find on an Amsterdam flea market. There's both recent stuff and golden oldies, retrosaurs and paleontologically accurate figs. Great haul!

Libraraptor

Great haul! Sigh, I wish I could find such a diversity on flea markets here in Germany, too. Special congrats to Linde Rhamphorhynchus, btw!

Roselaar

A few more recent purchases:

Some classic JPS2 figures, Euro variation.

A not so classic JW beastie.

JW Lego, the regular sets. These should end up as classics, they're probably the best JW merchandise produced.

The exclusive JW Lego set, hard to find in many territories.

CarnotaurusKing

Quote from: Roselaar on June 23, 2012, 02:46:24 PM
Another day, another update:

Small UKRD dinosaurs. Complete set I believe.

Bigger UKRD small dinosaurs, upscaled figures of the minis. They originally came in the boxes behind them. I'm missing the Styracosaurus. And one of the Brontosaurs is missing a head. It wasn't me!

Medium sized UKRD dinosaurs. Different sculpts from their smaller counterparts in some cases. I'm missing a few.

Medium sized UKRD dinosaur rip-offs. The yellow Parasaurolophus is interesting, it has the same paint job as the JP Die-Cast metal figure. Two bootlegs for the price of one.

Bigger UKRD dinosaurs. Again, l'm missing a bunch. Different species too here, like Protoceratops.
I have the Ankylosaurus and orange and black Stegosaurus. They're nice figures despite their old age.

Roselaar

More recent aqcuisitions. The JW/JP kind, like or not:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: