You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Roselaar's Collection Version 1: 2012-2017

Started by Roselaar, June 07, 2012, 06:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everything_Dinosaur

You have brought back some happy memories, a few of these I had as a young boy.  The baby dinosaurs in eggs intrigue me, we used to have a set of six of them in stock, but they went out of production in something like 2006.  The paint and/or the plastic did not conform to regulations and the cost of getting them approved was prohibitive so this line was stopped by the factory.  Not sure if this range got picked up by anyone else.  I have some pics from some studio photography that was done around the time they went out of production, if I can work out how to post up a picture on this forum I will put one of them up.

Roselaar

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on July 08, 2013, 10:11:17 PM
You have brought back some happy memories, a few of these I had as a young boy.  The baby dinosaurs in eggs intrigue me, we used to have a set of six of them in stock, but they went out of production in something like 2006.  The paint and/or the plastic did not conform to regulations and the cost of getting them approved was prohibitive so this line was stopped by the factory.  Not sure if this range got picked up by anyone else.  I have some pics from some studio photography that was done around the time they went out of production, if I can work out how to post up a picture on this forum I will put one of them up.

Sounds intriguing, I look forward to those pics!

Roselaar

My latest acquisitions, thanks to Everything Dinosaur:

Papo woolly rhino.

Bullyland Ammonite (the larger specimen).

Wild Republic Mammoth and Glyptodon.

Collecta Deluxe Deinotherium.

Collecta Diabloceratops and Daspletosaurus.

Collecta Deluxe Parasaurolophus.

Collecta Pachycephalosaurus.

The huge Collecta Cycad, here towering over other Collecta prehistoric flora pieces.

And these I got off a flea market: DeAgostini Euoplocephalus and AAA Mammoth.

At this point I have posted every dinosaur figure I own, so I guess it will take a while before this thread sees another update.

Concavenator

Quote from: Roselaar on July 11, 2013, 01:34:11 PM
My latest acquisitions, thanks to Everything Dinosaur:

Papo woolly rhino.

Bullyland Ammonite (the larger specimen).

Wild Republic Mammoth and Glyptodon.

Collecta Deluxe Deinotherium.

Collecta Diabloceratops and Daspletosaurus.

Collecta Deluxe Parasaurolophus.

Collecta Pachycephalosaurus.

The huge Collecta Cycad, here towering over other Collecta prehistoric flora pieces.

And these I got off a flea market: DeAgostini Euoplocephalus and AAA Mammoth.

At this point I have posted every dinosaur figure I own, so I guess it will take a while before this thread sees another update.
Wow,great new acquisitions,congratulations! :D

The missing Link

Hey Roselaar. You have some nice dinosaurs. I recognize a lot of them. I saw the first 3 pages by now. I have a lot of them by myself. Funny to see some of them in different colours and some little different shapes. Were (country/state) did you collect them if i may ask?
What've they got in there, King Kong?

Roselaar

Quote from: The missing Link on July 11, 2013, 08:24:53 PM
Hey Roselaar. You have some nice dinosaurs. I recognize a lot of them. I saw the first 3 pages by now. I have a lot of them by myself. Funny to see some of them in different colours and some little different shapes. Were (country/state) did you collect them if i may ask?

Well, I live in the Netherlands, but I collect them from all over the world of course, thanks to that wonderful invention called the Internet (it wouldn't have been possible to have collected a dinosaur treasury of this size without it!). :) If I stuck to what I found in the Netherlands my collection wouldn't be a tenth the size of what it is today.

The missing Link

Oke. Thanks for the answer. *(short sentence in dutch) Nederlanders onder elkaar dus haha. Ik vroeg me al af waar ze vandaan kwamen omdat ik er een aantal dus herkende. Ik zal om het sociaal te houden verder gaan in het Engels. Voor zover het met mijn een beetje gebrekkige kennis van de taal lukt.

Nice to see that you did collect them with a purpose to get a lot of dinosaurs that fit with eachother. I have some dinosaurs from Marktplaats. Do you buy them by E bay or do you have another website you can recommend?

Thanks for answering.
What've they got in there, King Kong?

Roselaar

Quote from: The missing Link on July 11, 2013, 09:35:52 PM
Oke. Thanks for the answer. *(short sentence in dutch) Nederlanders onder elkaar dus haha. Ik vroeg me al af waar ze vandaan kwamen omdat ik er een aantal dus herkende. Ik zal om het sociaal te houden verder gaan in het Engels. Voor zover het met mijn een beetje gebrekkige kennis van de taal lukt.

Nice to see that you did collect them with a purpose to get a lot of dinosaurs that fit with eachother. I have some dinosaurs from Marktplaats. Do you buy them by E bay or do you have another website you can recommend?

Thanks for answering.

I do occasionally use Marktplaats, but the number of interesting dinosaur figures there is limited simply because the number of released interesting dinosaur figures in the Netherlands is also limited. eBay has served me better, though lately I tend to go for the European sites instead of the American one to avoid customs taxes. :-/ Then there is great and helpful webstores like Everything Dinosaur and Dinosaurtime that are also very useful. And of course there's the classifieds on these boards (where you can incidentally also find my own sales thread ;)).

Off on vacation for the next week. See you guys soon! :)

Roselaar

Some more recent acquisitions:

JP Die-Casts, Paninis and classic Carnegies I found on a flea market. I so love flea markets! :)

Simba's DinoZ. Came across these in a store for super cheap and I bought them all (54 packs) in hopes of a complete set of 26.

And that worked out alright. Here's all 26 different figures loose. Love them or hate them, there's some weird choices here.

Safari's 2013 batch. It's pretty diverse, both in terms of species and in terms of quality. The Concavenator is a huge letdown. The Elasmosaurus and Gryposaurus are beautiful.

Sega T-Rex, blue. I think I have all colour variations of this one now. There's three of them, right?

docronnie

Super awesome collection, Roselaar! Congrats on your new acquisitions!  I like the Collecta dioramas.  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Roselaar

Here's some older recent stuff that hadn't made it into this here thread of mine yet:

A lovely Collecta Stegosaurus.

Carnegie Australopithecus from a second hand store. Some paint wear but otherwise in good condition. Base says it's male, so I suppose that's the truth of the matter.

23 more DinoZ. True, I already have a complete set, but they're so insanely cheap I couldn't resist. I can always try and sell/trade them, it worked well the first time when I traded some for Yowies.

Speak of the devil,  my first Yowies. I absolutely adore them! Not as detailed as Kaiyodos, but very collectable, a wide range of species, decent paint jobs and just overall good fun. I've since managed to get a hold of all of Lost Kingdom Series A, with Series B anc C well on the way as we speak.

ROM Primeval Predators. Excellent set! Much bigger figures than I anticipated. But boy, are they handsome.

The ROM package also included these four figures. Two tiny little Safarisaurs, and two whatchamacallitsaurs. Neat-o! :)

Roselaar

Here's a few more recent purchases. First, all of the Yowies Lost Kingdom Series A. Disassembled:

Assembled:

And a threesome of Dino Expo figures in their original, overly luxurious packaging.

Hellraptor

Impressive Collection, a delight for the Eyes indeed :)
Taking dinosaurs of this islandis the worst idea in the long, sad story of bad ideas

Roselaar

My last recent acquisitions:

These I bought at a flea market. I paid about 12 euros for all of them. The Invicta Apatosaurus was the best catch, for only 50 cents.

Speaking of Invicta, here's a few painted samples I traded for. They're not in mint condition and have some harsh oaint wear, but are still quite beautiful. You can't tell from the pic, but the paint around the Apatosaurus' head is coming off, revealing a translucent model underneath. Also pretty, but I'm not gonna run off all the paint of course. :)

Hellraptor

Quote from: Roselaar on September 29, 2013, 01:23:17 PM
My last recent acquisitions:

These I bought at a flea market. I paid about 12 euros for all of them. The Invicta Apatosaurus was the best catch, for only 50 cents.

Speaking of Invicta, here's a few painted samples I traded for. They're not in mint condition and have some harsh oaint wear, but are still quite beautiful. You can't tell from the pic, but the paint around the Apatosaurus' head is coming off, revealing a translucent model underneath. Also pretty, but I'm not gonna run off all the paint of course. :)

I got kinda jealous here, i wanan speed up my collection aswell :)
Taking dinosaurs of this islandis the worst idea in the long, sad story of bad ideas

Roselaar

Some more recent stuff:

Collecta Deluxe Ginkgo Biloba.

Original green Papo T-Rex. A side effect of my regular Papostore's search for a brown Papo Running T-Rex. A search they assure me is soon over... :) I might sell this green Rex some time, but for the moment I'm hanging on to it.

Papo Dimetrodon! A real beauty, one of Papo's best figures so far. Also a reassurance they CAN make exquisite non-dinosaurs too. Let's hope they master marine reptiles soon as well.

Roselaar

Here's a few more recent purchases:

Kaiyodo T-Rex capsule. Excellent little figures!

WWD 3D Deluxe Gorgosaurus.

WWD 3D Electronic figures (missing Scowler). If only the movie would have been half as good as these... :-/

WWD 3D Pachy 3-pack. Decent set.

WWD 3D bling bags, unopened and opened. Some decent small figures, and a fair amount of unique species too.

Roselaar

Some more recent stuff:

Yowies Lost Kingdom Series B, disassembled.

Yowies Lost Kingdom Series B, assembled.

Yowies Lost Kingdom Series C, disassembled.

Yowies Lost Kingdom Series C, assembled.

I really love these little figures. I'm lucky I managed to get all three series in only a few months. These are really as collectable as they come for prehistory buffs.

ZoPteryx

Those Yowies are extremely cool and unique, congrats Roselaar! ;D

Roselaar

The last 2013 acquisitions in my case:

Custom made Simolestes figure, ordered by my sort-of brother-in-law and made by the Shapeways company. One of a kind figure of a unique species. On an Invicta stand for balance.

Dino Riders Killer Warthog loose in box. My only boxed DR figure.

The rare Dino Riders Series 3 Quetzalcoatlus (no accessories unfortunately) and elusive premium giveaway Pterodactylus.

More Dino Riders figures currently on their way, so I'm both ending this year and starting next year with Tycosaurs. :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: