You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Roselaar's Collection Version 1: 2012-2017

Started by Roselaar, June 07, 2012, 06:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Some more recently acquired figures:

Got this lot for the steal price of 90 bucks. You'll notice which figure makes that a terrific deal. ;) The lot originally came with like 150 present day animal figures from various lines, but to keep shipping costs down I let the seller keep those. The brown Carnegie Rex was a nice surprise, as it featured a different paint job than my own, and I didn't know that variation existed until then.

Traded these for several other dinosaur toys with new forum member stargatedalek. My Battat collection (and my Playskool collection, too) is finally picking up some speed. Still, it's gonna be a long, long road to get them all...

tyrantqueen

QuoteGot this lot for the steal price of 90 bucks. You'll notice which figure makes that a terrific deal. ;) The lot originally came with like 150 present day animal figures from various lines, but to keep shipping costs down I let the seller keep those. The brown Carnegie Rex was a nice surprise, as it featured a different paint job than my own, and I didn't know that variation existed until then.

I know, I know! It's the plastic batwinged pteranodon, isn't it? >:D >:D >:D

Roselaar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 20, 2014, 05:25:11 PM
QuoteGot this lot for the steal price of 90 bucks. You'll notice which figure makes that a terrific deal. ;) The lot originally came with like 150 present day animal figures from various lines, but to keep shipping costs down I let the seller keep those. The brown Carnegie Rex was a nice surprise, as it featured a different paint job than my own, and I didn't know that variation existed until then.

I know, I know! It's the plastic batwinged pteranodon, isn't it? >:D >:D >:D

Close. It's the other cheesy Pterosaur. ;)

Roselaar

Some more stuff new to my collection;

WWD Utahraptor with Leallynasaura and Baby Dinosaurs set. The latter is a shameless Safari knock-off and the figures obviously don't fit in with the other Toyway figures.

Bought this entire lot just for that splendid painted Invicta Mamenchisaurus. There were some other neat figures in there, like a Quick Restaurant exclusive WWD T-Rex, but most of it is Chinasaur rubbish.

Roselaar

The acquisition of awesome prehistoric figures continues:

Kaiyodo's beautiful and recent marine reptile set. Pliosaur skull won't attach properly, sadly.

Some of the latest Collectasaurs and a WWD Patchi. The Theri and Mosasaur are spectacular!

More current Collectasaurs and the latest from Papo, including the often neglected (and not unjustly so) small dinosaur tube. And a Chinasaur Placerias.

Libraraptor

Love your collection and the pictures. How about a video of it?

Just heard of the small Papo toob. Would be nice to have them, too!

Roselaar

Quote from: Libraraptor on September 14, 2014, 06:35:54 PM
Love your collection and the pictures. How about a video of it?

Just heard of the small Papo toob. Would be nice to have them, too!

I could attempt a video, but I have limited know-how about that.

The Papo toob is okay for die-hard collectors and people who don't care at all about accuracy. They're easily Papo's worst, but some of them make for fun little versions of the regular models. Kinda like Battat minis, but of much lower quality.

Libraraptor

Okay, so I´ll get them, should I accidently stumble over them.

As to the video, that´s no big problem after all. At first I was afraid, too, but our admin put it all together with nice music. I sent little smartphone videos, each being one and a half minute long to him, and after an hour or so it was on the web.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Roselaar

Collecting continues:

I bought this lot for the Laramis (it contained all of them except for the Plesiosaurus), but it contained a fair share of hidden treasures, not the least of them the Starlux Ouranosaurus and Cephalaspis. Great deal for 37 euros.

My latest catch from the Oertijdmuseum in Boxtel. The AAA Smilodon was an unexpected find, but not as fabulous as...

... huge Playvision leftovers (and a bunch of Invicta Glyptodons). No complete sets unfortunately. Still many left for trade.

stoneage

CityRaptor

That Oertijdmuseum in Boxtel seems to be gold mine for collectors. Do they also have the Invicta Troodon?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

Quote from: CityRaptor on October 06, 2014, 09:58:45 PM
That Oertijdmuseum in Boxtel seems to be gold mine for collectors. Do they also have the Invicta Troodon?

This picture was taken there a few years back:

So there's your answer right there. They had a lot of Invicta once. Now it's all gone, all sold I assume. I bought all of the PlayVisons they had left (can you blame me, at 50 cts each?). The big AAAs were a new addition though, just like the 3D puzzle figures. Somehow, they do seem to be able to find unexpected and cool new stuff for their store somewhere. Hopefully they'll continue to do so. :)

Quote from: stoneage on October 06, 2014, 06:48:20 PM
Where do you find this stuff?

All over the place. When I'm observant.  ;)

Roselaar

Per a request of a fellow forum member, I made a video walkthrough of my entire collection and posted it on YouTube. Couldn't get it all in one take due to insufficient available memory on my camera, so it ended up in three pieces, one long one and two shorter bits. It'll only take 20 minutes of your life to watch it all. :) Check it out via the links below!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A96BAg2FJQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXkCzXjt7IY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGKKIMnuKig

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Libraraptor

tyrantqueen

Very impressive :) Makes my own collection look tiny. I have only three shelves full of stuff ;)

Roselaar

Here's some great stuff I recently traded and/or found on flea markets:

Playskool, Battat and Kaiyodo. A mixed bunch.

Chap Mei, Schleich and Other. The Protoceratops walks and roars, his eyes light up and he scares the bejesus out of my cat. :)

Kaiyodo and Bullyland. The Procynosuchus is such a wonderful, tiny and loveable creature.

DinoLord

Is that the same Dsungaripterus as before or is it a second one?

Roselaar

Quote from: DinoLord on November 17, 2014, 02:06:26 PM
Is that the same Dsungaripterus as before or is it a second one?

The same. I'm reposting these pics.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: