News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Battat Dynasty

Started by Bokisaurus, June 08, 2012, 09:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metallisuchus

That 1994 Dilophosaurus is hideous!

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 14, 2012, 12:27:45 AM

Ha ha, most of them are, IMHO >:D and look at what copycats ;D

Metallisuchus

The Safari one isn't too bad. I don't like the pose and the head looks a little big, but the details and color scheme are good. What's funny about Safari though is that they've put out several Tyrannosaurus' (including Carnegie), and I still don't like any of 'em!

Takama

Quote from: Bokisaurus on June 14, 2012, 02:32:13 AM
Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 14, 2012, 12:27:45 AM

Ha ha, most of them are, IMHO >:D and look at what copycats ;D

OMG The ColectA Dilophosaurus is almost a rip Off.

I do not have any Battats. But i was fortunate enough to see that Diplodocus in Mall of America in 1999.

I was young like in kindergarden, and i was with my parents as they guided me by hand though that humongous maze.

While walking, I glanced in a store and saw it standing Tall on top of the rack that they were sold on.

I asked my parent to stop in there, but they were in a hurry (I forgot why).  Unforutanly, the next time i returen, i was told that the shop was closed.

and now i hear that they are like the holy grails of Dinosaur Toys.

GOD I WANT TO BE YOUNG AGAIN

Metallisuchus

I had a similar thing happen to me (as an adult, haha) with my girlfriend. Some companies make a lot of bad replicas, but they'll have like 3 that are really worth buying. I usually find myself liking an ankylosaur or antelope of some sort, but thinking the rest aren't that good. That's how I feel about brands like Battat, Schleich, Bullyland, etc. I'd like to branch out and get something other than Safari/Carnegie & Papo though.

rubicon

Just to share.. here's my collection:

Pawnosuchus

I also have the complete collection of Battats. Had most of them since they came out. Some are great and some (Dilophosaurus, Stego) are not so hot. No pictures since mine are scattered throughtout my garage world.

spartasaurus

Wow, that is an amazing collection, I would love to know what one's were going to be produced for 2000 if had kept on going....I am missing only acrocanthosaurus to make my collection complete, plus the rereleases of different poses.  By my count there are 3 trexs, 3 dilophos, and 2 ceratosaurus, am I missing any?

Bokisaurus

Quote from: rubicon on June 14, 2012, 10:52:46 AM
Just to share.. here's my collection:

Great to see other's collection,and really interesting to see the different variation in the paint job.
On this collection pic, the dilopho and pachy's red color is more vibrant than what I have seen.

Spartasaurus - As far as other variations, I think those are it... I think ^-^

Paleona

Wow, impressive!  I love the way you've photographed them... also, having the Utahraptor "hold on" to the Diplodocus' leg in the group pic made me smile to myself. :3

stoneage

Quote from: spartasaurus on June 25, 2012, 01:53:21 AM
Wow, that is an amazing collection, I would love to know what one's were going to be produced for 2000 if had kept on going....I am missing only acrocanthosaurus to make my collection complete, plus the rereleases of different poses.  By my count there are 3 trexs, 3 dilophos, and 2 ceratosaurus, am I missing any?

What about this version?

Iguanocolossus

I can't look at Battats without crying at the loss of an excellent toy line. I still have my Edmontonia, Ouranosaurs, and Amargosaurus. I consider Battat the best of the best.

ajax

Quote from: Iguanocolossus on November 21, 2012, 01:07:08 AM
I can't look at Battats without crying at the loss of an excellent toy line. I still have my Edmontonia, Ouranosaurs, and Amargosaurus. I consider Battat the best of the best.

As little as 2 years ago i would agree they were the best but not now, Safari, Collecta and Papo have all improved out of sight with better details, paintjobs and species.  As for crying over figures well everyone to their own. (I may cry one day if i can get a complete sealed Dino riders Brontosaurus)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Iguanocolossus on November 21, 2012, 01:07:08 AM
Battats are great, but some of them have serious faults (my Acro doesn't stand up by itself) and in my opinion, the Dilophosaurus and Stegosaurus are seriously ugly :-X

Ikessauro

Amazing sets guys, I just wish someday I'll have all of them.

Jetoar

Quote from: Ikessauro on November 21, 2012, 03:39:46 AM
Amazing sets guys, I just wish someday I'll have all of them.

I think the same but the are too expensieve for me :-\.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

docronnie

What are the identifying marks of a Battat figure?

TIA! :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

amargasaurus cazaui

I had a question that I wanted to ask Boki...Recently there has been a seller on ebay representing himself as Loru1588, who seems to have established that he is the original sculptor of these dinosaurs....ie Dan Larusso.(hope i spelled that correctly) I took the opportunity to email and ask him regarding the Pteranodon, and Plateosaurus done for Safari. I tend to collect figures that are signed by the artist or consultants for the piece where possible. He stated in his response ........."I did several sculpts of extant animals for Safari ( Hippo & baby, Zebra & Baby, Sea Lion, Gorilla, Cheetah & baby, Octopus, Green Sea Turtle, Giant Panda & baby, and Eagle Ray plus 6 mini dinosaurs ( Spinosaurus, Diplodocus, Iguanodon, Pteranodon, Allosaurus & Elasmosaurus) and 4 mini Jungle animals ( Rhino, Elephant, Lion,Hippo). The 2 dinos you mention I believe were done by Forrest Rogers. Sorry about that!"

He seems to be stating here that he did not sculpt or model the two dinosaurs listed in your thread, so I wondered where you had gotten that information.

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Libraraptor

This thread is on for nearly a year now, and I haven´t yet seen it? How can this be? However, I drooled over the unpainted Battats!!!

Daspletodave

Fixing Battat dinosaurs
If you dip them in hot water, then adjust the legs, and then immediately dip them in cold water you can fix Battats with warped legs. I did this successfully with my Battat T-Rex, Acrocanthosaurus, and Ceratosaurus, and they all stand just fine now. Sometimes it took repeated attempts, but the process works. Battats are made from very soft rubber, so when you dip the legs into hot water you can actually see the legs go soft. You only need to do this for less than one minute then take it out of the hot water, stand it on a flat surface, adjust the legs the way you want them to go, then "stand" your dino in a sink with cold water - I leave them in the cold water for ten minutes - and you're done.
Try it!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: