News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo New for 2017

Started by Takama, November 04, 2016, 08:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killekor

OH MY GOD! What Is happened when i was sleeping!? 1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8 NEW SCULPTS!?

Who had said that Papo release only 3 new sculptures for year? And...Any remasters! Wow!

My opinions:

Polacanthus: i like it, he have a good color scheme. Vote: 9,5/10

Criolophosaurus: great sculpt, but not a good color scheme, i Will repaint it. Vote: 9

Dimorphodon: WOW! This Is my favorite of the new releases, great sculpture and a fantastic color scheme. Vote: 10 (e lode)

Cave bear: it's the less interesting of all the new releases, good sculpture, good color scheme, but... it's boring. Vote: 5,5

Smilodon: i like it, because Remember me a lion, good sculpture, good color scheme. Vote: 7

Acrocanthosaurus: What a great sculpture!, Fantastic color scheme, Fantastic sculpture, i Will get it with the Rebor one. Vote: 9,5

Ceratosaurus: fantastic, Simply fantastic, fantastic color scheme and fantastic sculpture. How the Acro, i Will get it with the Rebor one. Vote: 9,5

I like more this models than the CollectA new releases.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Silvanusaurus

Wow, these were totally unexpected! All the theropods look great to me, classic Papo with improved hands and colour. I can't really wrap my head around why anyone expected scientific rigour from them, or anything other than this style, honestly all three theropods look better than their JP figures, and are easily superior to their Allosaurus, which I've never cared for because the face and arms make it look ridiculous. The Cryolophosaurus, in spite of it's Godzilla pose and unoroginal paint scheme, looks absolutely stunning. The Acrocanthosaurus, aside from the pose, looks exactly as I'd imagined a Papo Acrocanthosaurus to look. The Ceratosaurus I really like because of it's bulky bullish appearance, and it looks more natural than both iToy's and Rebor's in my opinion. I'll likely get all three but paced out to save money. Regarding size, I hope these are all big. Bring on the big Papos, mate, that's how I like 'em.
The non dinosaurs, I'm not interested by.
I'm still hopeful that there might be an Iguanodon still to be revealed, along with official images of the Polacanthus.
Overall, the three theropods interest me more than CollectA's lineup for this year, they may not be accurate, but they have far more vigour. They still aren't a patch on Safari's releases though, which have both qualities in abundance.

Derek.McManus

Wow..was not expecting Papo to release so many models. My son will love the cave bear, he likes bears anyway and we saw a cave bear skeleton when we visited the Marble Arch caves in Co Fermanagh. The theropods are striking in a monster way. Slightly disappointed not to see the rumoured Iguanadon, I was looking forward to that one.

John

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on December 17, 2016, 01:23:17 PM
Wow, these were totally unexpected! All the theropods look great to me, classic Papo with improved hands and colour. I can't really wrap my head around why anyone expected scientific rigour from them, or anything other than this style, honestly all three theropods look better than their JP figures, and are easily superior to their Allosaurus, which I've never cared for because the face and arms make it look ridiculous. The Cryolophosaurus, in spite of it's Godzilla pose and unoroginal paint scheme, looks absolutely stunning. The Acrocanthosaurus, aside from the pose, looks exactly as I'd imagined a Papo Acrocanthosaurus to look. The Ceratosaurus I really like because of it's bulky bullish appearance, and it looks more natural than both iToy's and Rebor's in my opinion. I'll likely get all three but paced out to save money. Regarding size, I hope these are all big. Bring on the big Papos, mate, that's how I like 'em.
The non dinosaurs, I'm not interested by.
I'm still hopeful that there might be an Iguanodon still to be revealed, along with official images of the Polacanthus.
Overall, the three theropods interest me more than CollectA's lineup for this year, they may not be accurate, but they have far more vigour. They still aren't a patch on Safari's releases though, which have both qualities in abundance.
So far as I can tell from the promo picture,the Ceratosaurus actually is accurate even down to having the proper clawless fourth digit on each hand (it looks to me like they did a corrected version of the Rebor one).So that one at least will fit right in with Safari's newest crop. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Roselaar

I mostly like what I'm seeing here. I care not for the mammals, but the Cretaceous animals are interesting enough. The Dimorphodon is scientifically atrocious, but since I like JW, I'll definitely get it. The Cryolophosaurus is superb, despite its awkward pose. Acro also looks grand, though I would have preferred a more inspired colour scheme rather than a copy of the new T-Rex. The Cerato sculpts is fabulous, but its paint job is a little too Schleich-ey from my taste.

Papo will take my money in 2017. Again.

ItsTwentyBelow

Well, these new theropods look like fun!

I totally agree with whoever said these are theropod reconstructions straight out of the 90's. They do have their charm though, and while not being the most scientifically accurate sculpts, they fit right in with the rest of Papo's prehistoric catalogue. As far as scientific accuracy, Safari still easily wins this year.

The ugly Dimorphodon is so overshadowed by the brilliant new Collecta Supreme figure. I think the tripod pose is more convincing on the Ceratosaurus. I like the Cryo the best and might pick that one up if I see it. I would really like to see them all in person; Papo really nails the finish with all the fun, greebly little details.

The mammals look like they've been done by a different, less skilled sculptor.

Anxious to get pricing on these.

spinosaurus1

really digging the new dinosaur releases. not that big on the mammalian sculpts but that ceratosaurus sculpt is just icing to the cake. the color scheme is my only personal nitpick. at least from the promo image, it's not doing the sculpt justice imo. honestly i kinda wish that they swapped paint jobs with the crylophosaurus :). the arms seem a fair bit too large for ceratosaurus, but thats negligible in the grand scheme of the sculpt.  plus papo isn't the company to expect a figure of scientific rigor.

Nanuqsaurus

I really like the Cryolophosaurus, wish it had feathers but it looks nice enough. The other theropods are a bit awesomebro but that's expected from Papo. The Dimorphodon and Smilodon are horrible.

gfxtwin

Wow, so they knocked out my three most anticipated therapods from them in one year.  The Cryo is fantastic and will look nice when posed next to a dino to battle. Acro also looks fantastic, possibly the best I've seen from any commercial dinosaur figure-making company.  Only thing I'm not crazy about is the color scheme (purple? Really? and don't get me started on the Polacanthus, blech).  Cerato is mighty fine.  A bit bulky, but less than expected. 

The rest I'm not interested in.  The Polacanthus looks like it might have even been sculpted by a different artist, the way musculature is portrayed seems so much more exaggerated compared to most Paposaurs.

After going so hard with these therapods, I'm curious to see where they go from here.  Giganotosaurus?  Spinosaurus redo?  Hmmmm

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: gfxtwin on December 17, 2016, 04:56:32 PM
Wow, so they knocked out my three most anticipated therapods from them in one year.  The Cryo is fantastic and will look nice when posed next to a dino to battle. Acro also looks fantastic, possibly the best I've seen from any commercial dinosaur figure-making company.  Only thing I'm not crazy about is the color scheme (purple? Really? and don't get me started on the Polacanthus, blech).  Cerato is mighty fine.  A bit bulky, but less than expected. 

The rest I'm not interested in.  The Polacanthus looks like it might have even been sculpted by a different artist, the way musculature is portrayed seems so much more exaggerated compared to most Paposaurs.

After going so hard with these therapods, I'm curious to see where they go from here.  Giganotosaurus?  Spinosaurus redo?  Hmmmm

Yeah, what's up with purple dinosaurs these days? The Schleich Spinosaurus and Kentrosaurus, the Papo Tyrannosaurus, Polacanthus and now Acrocanthosaurus? I'm not saying it's ugly, but I can really think of any purple animals in real life.

CityRaptor

With purple Dinosaurs you can follow two ways: Either ridicolous or powerful.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on December 17, 2016, 05:10:18 PM
Quote from: gfxtwin on December 17, 2016, 04:56:32 PM

Yeah, what's up with purple dinosaurs these days? The Schleich Spinosaurus and Kentrosaurus, the Papo Tyrannosaurus, Polacanthus and now Acrocanthosaurus? I'm not saying it's ugly, but I can really think of any purple animals in real life.

Most purple animals are invertebrates, but some birds have purple feathers, and theres one mammal that is purple, but I can't remember what its called.
I am the Dinosaur King!

suspsy

I'm very disappointed that there's no Triceratops repaint. Far better that than the hideous Dimorphodon.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

The Atroxious

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on December 17, 2016, 05:10:18 PM

The violet-backed starling would like a word with you.

CityRaptor

And here The Atroxious provides us with an animal that is both, purple and a Dinosaur.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Rathalosaurus

What a beautiful creature! :o
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

yankeetrex

I cannot wait, all of them are must buys, minus the prehistoric mammals.......Im in the minority, but I wanted something to represent the JW Dimorphodon, and here it is. Its spot on from the movie. Plus one of those attacked me and my friends in the movie, so we all will be buying one for memories sake.

PaleoMatt

omg while I was gone all this happened what the heck! I NEED IT ALL

Silvanusaurus

Why do people not like Purple so much? I'd say it's easily one of my top 10 colours. It depends how it's used of course, though I think it looks better on this Acro than it did on the rex and raptor.

utd7

Wow really impressed with these new releases. Man have I been waiting for a decent Cryolophosaurus for a real long time and even though the pose is weird i will buy it. Also really like the ceratosaurus but the acro's colour really puts me off. Shame cause I love the sculpt and pose but prob won't buy. Dimorphodon is a JW copy but a good one at that and will look good with the Tupuxuara.

My big question is what happened to the iguanadon they planned ? Come on man no love for herbivores?
We live in a Jurassic World

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: