You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

NEW EMAIL FOR SHANE FOULKES CRETACEOUS CREATIONS STUDIO

Started by s.foulkes, June 12, 2012, 10:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s.foulkes

Yeah its 68" along the curve but shelf space wise its 15"tall by 9" deep by 42" long with tail curled in. Keep in mind that because the model is large ,other shorter models can fit next to it under the tail and under the head and neck to save space. I would love to do a Diplod some time, but i already have a long list of to do's.

[attachment msg=15900][/attachment]
Bringing back the world of Dinosaurs one sculpt at a time!

Cirex

Thanks a lot for the info Shane! Having space on the shelf is not an issue, it's having a shelf which gives enough space which is a bit more problematic if you see what I mean...
There is still the possibility to put it on top of the shelf but having it inside (protected by glass doors from dust and other things) would be best OR get a new / bigger / better one especially for very large models  ^-^
Anyway, there is still a few other models from you I want to get before this one so I have time to figure out what I can do about that... It's just that it's so impressive, so difficult to resist!!!

RKM

Quote from: Cirex on August 09, 2012, 10:27:44 PM
Looking at other pictures of your apatosaurus, I've just realised that Martin has modified the way the tail curles... (down and forward instead of down and rearward). That should make it a bit shorter! :)
Hi Cirex, I think Martin has'nt modified the tail in this pic, I think I'm right in saying that this is how the original kit looks. The other pics with the tail arcing backwards are modifications that Shane made himself, correct me if I'm wrong  :-[
I totally agree with you that it is a beautiful thing, I'm saving up for one myself.  :)
Diplodocus would be nice but personally I'd prefer a 1/15 Giraffatitan, now that would really require some serious shelf space! :))

Cirex

I think you are right RKM, thanks for correcting that!
Out of the 3 apatosaurus model pictures I could find, 2 have their tail curled forward (the 2 pictured on Dan's web page) and only 1 has it pointing rearward (I think it's Jeremy's)...
The more I think about it, the more it looks like I'll have to make my own shelves! ;D

Joel

Quote from: Cirex on August 10, 2012, 11:45:43 PM
The more I think about it, the more it looks like I'll have to make my own shelves! ;D
You can also get a fireplace mantel and hang it on the wall near your other models.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think the tail can be inserted in different ways is all. I think I recall Shane saying something similar.

A Giraffititan or even Brachiosaurus itself would be cool..but since I have the Horizon JP one and the big Kaiyodo version already I would really like a Diplodocus or similar species  first. :)

Joel

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 11, 2012, 05:16:55 AM
I think the tail can be inserted in different ways is all. I think I recall Shane saying something similar.
It sure can. Here's mine that I got from Darren off ebay:

And the "shelf" I have it on, with the tail going toward back:

And going foward:

Blade-of-the-Moon

Cirex

Thanks for the explanation guys. :)
Nice collection Joel, cool to see them unpainted!
Again, the apatosaurus is spectacular!!! Especially when displayed next to other models. :o
I really HAVE to get one!!!

radman

A Giraffititan or even Brachiosaurus itself would be cool..but since I have the Horizon JP one and the big Kaiyodo version already I would really like a Diplodocus or similar species  first. :)

If you want a huge diplodocid, grab the Rader Supersaurus while it's still available...

ataraxus

Quote from: radman on August 11, 2012, 10:46:48 AM

If you want a huge diplodocid, grab the Rader Supersaurus while it's still available...

i like Jonathan`s Kits and he is a friendly guy but when he cannot cast and ship because he is too busy you have no chance...

RKM

I second what Cirex said, Thanks for the explanation and the pics Joel  :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ataraxus on August 11, 2012, 01:26:23 PM
Quote from: radman on August 11, 2012, 10:46:48 AM

i like Jonathan`s Kits and he is a friendly guy but when he cannot cast and ship because he is too busy you have no chance...

I have considered it..but I would like a little more..activity ?  in my model...the difficulty I've heard about getting pieces doesn't help a lot either though.

Joel

Quote from: Cirex on August 11, 2012, 10:18:18 AM
Thanks, but that's just a small sample of my Foulkes Collection. Here's the rest:

The geen one is a Krentz Gorgosaurus with a Safari Postosuchus modified to look like Shane's 1/10 version:

Here are some wonderful models with Darren's Tyrannosaurus:

Shane's Camarasaurus:

And my favorite Tyrannosaurus ever made, Shane's 1/15 T. rex:

I have many more Sideshow and Krentz 1/72 pieces, but this is Shane's thread and I don't want to derail it. ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice work ! I really like the Daspletosaurus pair !  ;D

Joel

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 12, 2012, 05:46:42 AM
Thanks! That was my first Foulkes kit and it's one of my favorites!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Joel on August 12, 2012, 06:18:07 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 12, 2012, 05:46:42 AM
Thanks! That was my first Foulkes kit and it's one of my favorites!

I've been very tempted to get it myself..actually I'm quite tempted by many of Shane's pieces.. lol

He has the new ones coming I'm curious about and still don't have all the old ones I want yet.. heh ;D

Like the new Albertosaur VS Hypacro piece..I think that may definitely be a must buy..and his new Baryonyx..if anything like his old one which I missed out on will be on my list as well...but then the older pieces ..yikes I wish I could afford more.  :-\

Jetoar

Quote from: Joel on August 11, 2012, 08:50:53 PM
Thanks, but that's just a small sample of my Foulkes Collection. Here's the rest:

The geen one is a Krentz Gorgosaurus with a Safari Postosuchus modified to look like Shane's 1/10 version:

Here are some wonderful models with Darren's Tyrannosaurus:

Shane's Camarasaurus:

And my favorite Tyrannosaurus ever made, Shane's 1/15 T. rex:

I have many more Sideshow and Krentz 1/72 pieces, but this is Shane's thread and I don't want to derail it. ;)

Amazing collection! :) I like the Acrocanthosaurus and Ceratosaurus
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Cirex

Quote from: Joel on August 11, 2012, 08:50:53 PM

Indeed that was just a small part of your collection, even more impressive after seen the rest of it!
Great combination of figures!!!

s.foulkes

Wow you guys are so lucky to have all those wonderful works of art in your home ,wish i could have them in my home...wait!.........oh yeah ,i already do. ;)
thanks for the pics Joel, nice to see collections of others. I will have to take some pics of my studio and share mine too.

[attachment msg=16109][/attachment]
Bringing back the world of Dinosaurs one sculpt at a time!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: