News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO new for 2017

Started by acro-man, January 10, 2017, 07:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dobber

PNSO is also saying there is a 20% discount but it is not coming up in check out. Right now Wilson is costing $142. No discount is a no sale for me.  >:(

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

spinosaurus1

well damn. :-\

i was actually kinda expecting wilson to be cheaper on amazon and forcing me to regret buying it on ebay. never mind then, lol

acro-man

Quote from: Dobber on February 06, 2017, 12:26:05 PM
PNSO is also saying there is a 20% discount but it is not coming up in check out. Right now Wilson is costing $142. No discount is a no sale for me.  >:(

Chris

I think it's just a technical problem here.

$142 is the price on the box only.

PNSO originally set the Taobao price at 400CNY (57USD).
After receiving radical feedback from customers they put the price down to 300CNY (43USD) and refunded those who bought earlier.
If you pay $142 I think they will refund you too.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Neven Florian

Quote from: Dobber on February 06, 2017, 12:16:43 PM
Quote from: acro-man on February 06, 2017, 10:39:09 AM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on February 02, 2017, 04:59:09 PM
I just ordered the PNSO Rex on Amazon Uk.
I didn't request any special color or special edition at all.
As I told, it was a regular order.
More pictures on my Flickr Album:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157667322973960

Probably PNSO did an upgrade about the paint job.... I really don't know exactly....

I asked PNSO Taobao salesperson and he said they don't have any repaint.
Did you get it from their official store?
On their Facebook page someone asked about that piece, if it is a new paint scheme for it. They responded that they believe it is a repaint by a fan and that they do not sell one that looks like that.

Chris

I indeed asked them but they replied it was probably a repaint ... I'm not sure what they say is true but we'll maybe see someday if it is a new version :)

ceratopsian

Quote from: acro-man on February 06, 2017, 10:34:01 AM
The book is stunning.
I wasn't very fond of the book before but when I read it, I knew I was wrong.
.....And remember PNSO is a scientific art group.
Zhao Chuang says in his documentary that "to make it scientifically accurate is one thing, to make it aesthetically pleasing is another. And we are trying to combine both."
I think they have made it.

I agree with you completely.  The successful attempt to combine both aspects is what makes Zhao Chuang and PNSO so exciting.

Dobber

Quote from: acro-man on February 06, 2017, 02:27:05 PM
Quote from: Dobber on February 06, 2017, 12:26:05 PM

Chris

I think it's just a technical problem here.

$142 is the price on the box only.

PNSO originally set the Taobao price at 400CNY (57USD).
After receiving radical feedback from customers they put the price down to 300CNY (43USD) and refunded those who bought earlier.
If you pay $142 I think they will refund you too.

Hope they get the issue resolved soon. I won't buy until then as I'm not comfortable with hoping they will reimburse me.

Maybe someone can point out to them on Facebook that the discount isn't being applied on Amazon. I would but I don't have an account, I only browse every now and then.

Chris

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Neven Florian on February 06, 2017, 03:42:38 PM
Quote from: Dobber on February 06, 2017, 12:16:43 PM
Quote from: acro-man on February 06, 2017, 10:39:09 AM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on February 02, 2017, 04:59:09 PM
I just ordered the PNSO Rex on Amazon Uk.
I didn't request any special color or special edition at all.
As I told, it was a regular order.
More pictures on my Flickr Album:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157667322973960

Probably PNSO did an upgrade about the paint job.... I really don't know exactly....

I asked PNSO Taobao salesperson and he said they don't have any repaint.
Did you get it from their official store?
On their Facebook page someone asked about that piece, if it is a new paint scheme for it. They responded that they believe it is a repaint by a fan and that they do not sell one that looks like that.

Chris

I indeed asked them but they replied it was probably a repaint ... I'm not sure what they say is true but we'll maybe see someday if it is a new version :)

...believe me, if my Rex was repainted I would have no problem to say it's a repaint but it is not..
My Rex is as you can see just out-of-the-box.
You can freely check my all collection seeing that I don't have any repainted figure because I like to have only original ones and I don't like to change them.
I have absolutely NO skills to paint a model by myself..
I have some resin kits and some Shapeways figures painted by Mr. Martin Garratt but that's all.
If Mr. Garratt  had repainted the Rex I would be the first to say that because every Martin Garratt's work is special.
So........  ::)
It's quite strange that PNSO guys don't know what they are doing about colors.....  ???
Regards
:)

ceratopsian

Quote from: Dobber on February 06, 2017, 04:34:31 PM
Hope they get the issue resolved soon. I won't buy until then as I'm not comfortable with hoping they will reimburse me.

Maybe someone can point out to them on Facebook that the discount isn't being applied on Amazon. I would but I don't have an account, I only browse every now and then.

Chris

I did that already a few minutes ago.

Silvanusaurus

What is this discount you speak of? Is it supposed to be on all of their figures, or just Wilson?

sauroid

RobinGoodfellow: did you buy the rex from PNSO directly?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: sauroid on February 06, 2017, 05:01:51 PM
RobinGoodfellow: did you buy the rex from PNSO directly?

No, I bought it on Amazon UK and my order went to PNSO directly.
PNSO sent my order from China, as usual..
After a month I received my Rex in a regular PNSO box with a little booklet inside.
I also ordered PNSO Family Zoo Hippopotamus.
I bought my first PNSOs ( Huanghe, Mands, Lufeng and Euhe) from MonsterHouse HK and they arrived in a plastic bag, without a box.
All the others PNSOs are from PNSO China through Amazon UK:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157667322973960/with/27433547165/

Silvanusaurus

Maybe someone in the factory just said 'screw it' one day and went crazy with the paints, and nobody noticed. I think I'm going to be ordering the same rex figure, so it will be interesting to see what the paint on mine is like. 

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on February 06, 2017, 05:18:26 PM
Maybe someone in the factory just said 'screw it' one day and went crazy with the paints, and nobody noticed. I think I'm going to be ordering the same rex figure, so it will be interesting to see what the paint on mine is like.

...I'm just thinking that PNSO guys have never saw one of their models being photographed under a still-life light by a professional photographer...  ;)
PNSO official pictures are (often) just so and so and quite dark...  ???

PNSO Triceratops doesn't look like that but:

Am I wrong?

Dobber

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on February 06, 2017, 05:28:12 PM

...I'm just thinking that PNSO guys have never saw one of their models being photographed under a still-life light by a professional photographer...  ;)

Am I wrong?

I have the first Rex as well and mine looks like all other pictures...just dark brown with VERY subtle variations. Very boring. Honestly, I kind of thought the same thing as Silvanusaurs, that maybe a worker just decided to add some life to the bland paint job  ^-^
Or maybe it is supposed to get a dark brown over coating and they forgot to do it on yours? Either way, you hit the jackpot with yours as it looks SO much better than what the rest of us have.  ;)

@ceratopsian, thanks for letting them know. For whomever asked, I believe the 20% of is for any PNSO purchase over £49.99.

Chris

RobinGoodfellow

I was browsing on Facebook minutes ago and PNSO just posted a picture about International Toy Fair Nuremberg 2017.
On the left a PNSO Rex that exactly looks like mine...
I think that PNSO did an upgrade on the paint job but the guys on PNSO Facebook page don't know very well about it...  ::)

I have never been so lucky to find a special figure randomly ...  :P

BlueKrono

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on February 06, 2017, 07:32:00 PM
I was browsing on Facebook minutes ago and PNSO just posted a picture about International Toy Fair Nuremberg 2017.
I think that PNSO did an upgrade on the paint job but the guys on PNSO Facebook page don't know very well about it...  ::)

Guess the left hand don't know what the right hand is doing...

Not as lucky as Suspy when the company just sent him the Papo brown running rex out of the blue.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Dobber

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on February 06, 2017, 07:32:00 PM

Good catch  ;)

I'm very jealous, if I tried to order another now, I'd probably get one of their old stock  :P

Chris

sauroid

let's all hope that the older rex has been repainted for the better, but if not then Robingoodfellow is one lucky collector.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Simon

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on February 06, 2017, 05:28:12 PM

Am I wrong?

Actually, my PNSO Trike has the "golden" paint job, - BUT - it is nowhere near as bright or solid as in the second photo above.  Its a lot more subdued (and realistic).  But yes, the second photo above is a representation (albeit overdone) of he actual paint job of this figure.

I believe that the initial run of figures was more bland, without gold, (hence the grey look in the first photo above)

RobinGoodfellow

...every figure is hand-painted so there could be some difference between models...
And please keep in mind that still-life photographic technique (using a light box) was created to enhance colors and details (just look some product photography in magazines..).
Plus I'm using a pro 50mm Macro lens that's quite sharp...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: