News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO new for 2017

Started by acro-man, January 10, 2017, 07:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dobber

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on February 16, 2017, 11:51:49 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on February 16, 2017, 12:53:41 AM
Am I the only one that prefers the other PNSO rex to this one?  O:-)

We are a scarce but noble folk.

I quite like it too. It could just use a slight repaint like what someone else here received. The stock One that most of us got is VERY brown and a little boring, IMO. But with just a little bit of added color variation it looks stellar.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

suspsy

A more vibrant colour scheme would have really helped the first version. Perhaps PNSO will repaint it in the future.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

tanystropheus

Quote from: suspsy on February 16, 2017, 01:46:55 PM
A more vibrant colour scheme would have really helped the first version. Perhaps PNSO will repaint it in the future.

Are you referring to a third paint scheme?

ceratopsian

As far as I can see, PNSO has now disappeared from amazon.de as well.

RobinGoodfellow

As I said before, now PNSO is selling a repainted version of the "old" brown Rex.
That's mine:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/31478826634/in/album-72157667322973960/

Shonisaurus

The tyrannosaurus rex Wilson is fabulous, which is not known if this is solid plastic and not hollow like the previous ones. On the other hand I suppose it will be more accessible to the pockets of the buyers. They make a very good team with the tyrannosaurus Safari and Collecta feathered and with the "vasttosaurus" of Papo. :o

sauroid

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 16, 2017, 03:24:34 PM
The tyrannosaurus rex Wilson is fabulous, which is not known if this is solid plastic and not hollow like the previous ones. On the other hand I suppose it will be more accessible to the pockets of the buyers. They make a very good team with the tyrannosaurus Safari and Collecta feathered and with the "vasttosaurus" of Papo. :o
i think it's been mentioned a few times by the owners of this figure that it is a solid and heavy PVC figure .
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

spinosaurus1

yep, it's solid PVC. holding them both now and it seems to be slightly heavier then the feathered tyrannosaurus

Minmiminime

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on February 16, 2017, 02:41:04 PM

As I said before, now PNSO is selling a repainted version of the "old" brown Rex.
That's mine:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/31478826634/in/album-72157667322973960/

I'd never noticed it before, but looking at this pic, do I see a little fuzz detail on the back of the head and the shoulders?
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

tanystropheus

It def looks as if that Rex is sporting a fashionably-forward fohawk.

Minmiminime

It's definitely growing on me in this updated colour scheme. Even more so, now that I've spotted the protofeathers ^-^
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

RobinGoodfellow

Unfortunately PNSO has disappeared from Amazon worldwide..  :-\
If PNSO won't come back on Amazon, the only way to buy figures will be a Taobao agent or a reseller like Dan's Dinosaurs or DeJankins.  ::)

Silvanusaurus

Well, blast! Apparently my 2 new PNSO's had a failed delivery attempt at 5:00 am this morning, and even if that wasn't ridiculously early, I happen to be away from home at the minute anyway. I'm really surprised, both at how fast they got there, and that there were absolutely no customs fees for what I assume are 2 fairly large boxes. It's frustrating knowing they could have been in my hands right now if it weren't for the timing. Unfortunately I cannot arrange a new delivery date online, I'll have to wait until I get back and find the missed delivery card.  :'(
Anyway, this makes me feel much more positive about ordering more from them in future, the thought of a long wait and custom charges was putting me off.

sauroid

cant people just order directly through the PNSO office/s via email? i suppose the issue is payment through paypal or direct creditcard payment. i havent checked but doesnt PNSO have a website? why cant they just process orders through the site? wish we had a PNSO representative in the forum to deal with us directly.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

ceratopsian

Quote from: sauroid on February 16, 2017, 09:05:51 PM
cant people just order directly through the PNSO office/s via email? i suppose the issue is payment through paypal or direct creditcard payment. i havent checked but doesnt PNSO have a website? why cant they just process orders through the site? wish we had a PNSO representative in the forum to deal with us directly.

They do indeed have a website but the "shop" section puts you through to amazon.  I don't think that Paypal works in China.  I suspect credit card would also be tricky.  The charges for a bank transfer from the UK to China are phenomenal - I have done this once and never again.

Dobber

They sell on E-bay too.

Chris

ceratopsian

Quote from: Dobber on February 17, 2017, 12:19:59 AM
They sell on E-bay too.

Chris

I can find someone called makeup_art selling their larger models (but not Wilson) but I didn't think this was PNSO but a secondary seller?

RobinGoodfellow

The only PNSO reseller with Wilson on Ebay (for what I found..) is MonsterHouse HK:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PNSO-Dinosaur-Solid-PVC-Model-Figure-Tyrannosaurus-rex-Wilson-T-rex-1-35-boxset-/152430091730?hash=item237d8a9dd2:g:YBYAAOSw241YeQD8

The total price (figure+shipping) is higher than Amazon (..to my Country..).

Dobber

Well that stinks, I could've sworn I recall there being several on EBay around a month ago. Oh well.  :-[

Chris

sauroid

it is easier to order from MHHK but the price i think is triple than the other sources... talk about making a killing.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: