News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO new for 2017

Started by acro-man, January 10, 2017, 07:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinosaurus1

my order came in. i have to side with the wilson fanclub. this model is beautiful.

Simon

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on February 15, 2017, 08:12:10 PM
my order came in. i have to side with the wilson fanclub. this model is beautiful.

Whenever you get around to it, if you could take some pictures of it alongside some of your other figures (especially the recent TRexes, if you've got them, from Safari and Collecta), that would be great!

spinosaurus1

sure thing

as impressive as wilson is, he still has nothing on the pinnacle of my growing collection

suspsy

I think Wilson is officially my favourite scaly T. rex. Too bad I'm almost certainly never going to get him: :(
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

spinosaurus1

Simon

Superb pics spinosaurus1!!  :) :) :)  "Wilson" fit well scale-wise with the new Safari Theropods, especially the Giganotosaurus, which also has a base.

Now what would REALLY be cool would be if they did a second version with feathers!

spinosaurus1

the book that came with the model is amazing. filled to the brim of illustrations and multiviews of tyrannosaurus rex. have some pretty sick, post cards, and neat little sketches on tyrannosaurus walking and another attacking a sauropod. in the end, this guy is well worth the money

suspsy

Quote from: Simon on February 15, 2017, 09:08:41 PM
Superb pics spinosaurus1!!  :) :) :)  "Wilson" fit well scale-wise with the new Safari Theropods, especially the Giganotosaurus, which also has a base.

Now what would REALLY be cool would be if they did a second version with feathers!

Shut up! If they do that, then I really will have to buy it! ;)
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

MLMjp

Amazing! If I could afford it I would definitely buy it.

I really like how it looks next to the Safari Giga and Rex
It truly is one the best if not the best "Scaly" Tyrannosaurus figure to date.

Keaton64

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on February 15, 2017, 08:59:35 PM
i have too many rexs  :(

One can never have too many kings of the tyrant lizards.  How well does Wilson stand off of his base?  Does a slight push knock him over?

spinosaurus1

QuoteOne can never have too many kings of the tyrant lizards.  How well does Wilson stand off of his base?  Does a slight push knock him over?
i need more high quality spinosaurids in my life  :'(

it's very sturdy and balances well both on and off the base. off the base, he balances about as well if not better then the papo running tyrannosaurus and WAY more stable then the safari feathered tyrannosaurus.

Takama

Now all we need is someoen to post a comparison of this model to the Infamous Rebor model.

I often hear people say that Rebors T.Rex is WAY TOO big to be 1:35 Scale. and it Seems to me that PNSO got the Scale right with this model because its the same size as the Wild Safari Featherd Rex which Brontodocus states is 1:35 as well.

spinosaurus1

i say that PNSO tyrannosaurus is closer to 1:33 scale rather then 1:35. it's a fair bit bigger and longer then the safari tyrannosaurus at around 15" to the safari rex's 13". they still look great together and perhaps wilson can represent a hypothetical larger tyrannosaurus specimen at 1:35 scale.

i would love to see how Wilson stacks up against the rebor rex

Gwangi

Am I the only one that prefers the other PNSO rex to this one?  O:-)

spinosaurus1

maybe, lol

Silvanusaurus might be able to keep you company though.

Dobber

Great pictures Spinosaurus1! The SS Tyrant King T-Rex statue is also the ultimate piece in my collection. I adore it! I am very much looking forward to receiving my "Wilson" now too.  :D

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

sauroid

will people order me the Triceratops, Chungkingosaurus, Basilosaurus, Megalodon and V1 T. rex? i will trade them for mint Dino Expo figures. ;)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Gwangi on February 16, 2017, 12:53:41 AM
No, I actually quite like that one. Yes it's kind of ugly, but it uses that effectively to make it a cool figure, the kind you know terrorizes the others.

Simon

Quote from: sauroid on February 16, 2017, 01:55:38 AM
will people order me the Triceratops, Chungkingosaurus, Basilosaurus, Megalodon and V1 T. rex? i will trade them for mint Dino Expo figures. ;)

That depends - are the Dino Expo mint figures 18K gold?  ;D ;D ;D

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Gwangi on February 16, 2017, 12:53:41 AM

We are a scarce but noble folk. 

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: