News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Figure in Absentia

Started by BlueKrono, January 23, 2017, 01:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killekor

Quote from: BlueKrono on February 06, 2017, 11:47:27 AM
While there's been a lot of hype around Epidexipteryx and its relatives, they're so new I think it's only a matter of time before they get their own figure. Yi Qi got one in 2016. I think at this point Dakotaraptor is the most well known, but it's also a fairly recent discovery. Of the ones that have been around for a while, no one seems interested in making a Bagaceratops, but they go nuts on just about every other ceratopsian.

I hope this or next year for an Epidexipteyx, and a more detailed version of a Sinornithosaurus than the Safari feathered toob one.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

sauroid

i hope one of the big brands produces a prehistoric amphibians and obscure Ceratopsian toobs
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

I do not know if this species is included in the world of toys but I can think of the dinosaur drinker. I know it is not popular but it could be included among the non-made dinosaurs (in case it has never been made) in honor of Edward Drinker Cope, just so in the case of not having repeated it could be included in figures not made .

Roselaar

I have definitely never seen a Drinker figure. I guess the name isn't sexy enough. Should have called it Drinkersaurus or something.

Too bad Drinker was a Hypsilophodontid. If it was like a Sauropod, it sure would be a heavy drinker. See, that's the type of joke people want to avoid.

BlueKrono

Shonisaurus - That's actually a good suggestion. I'm fairly certain there's no figure of it, but it is still known to a great many people, usually for the name alone. And is been around for a good long while, so it's unlikely a company will all of a sudden decide to make it.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

Quote from: Roselaar on February 06, 2017, 08:22:27 PM
Too bad Drinker was a Hypsilophodontid. If it was like a Sauropod, it sure would be a heavy drinker. See, that's the type of joke people want to avoid.

That actually made me laugh, though I usually hate puns.

Drinker has one big strike against it--being a non-hadrosaur ornithopod. But I'd love to see a figure.

Quote from: sauroid on February 06, 2017, 02:08:30 PM
i hope one of the big brands produces a prehistoric amphibians and obscure Ceratopsian toobs

Hirokazu Tokugawa has sculpted several prehistoric amphibians, including a Gerrothorax [did I just hear BlueKrono's ears perk up?]--I keep hoping one day Favorite will use some of those sculpts in a release similar to their Cambrian set.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BlueKrono

These ears have been perked for years, sir. When I first joined this forum I chimed in on my top three paleo sculptors. Tokugawa made the cut for no other reason than his Gerrothorax figure. Also, I've named the main character in one of my stories after him. Yes, I'm an insufferable nerd.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

I ought to have known you'd be familiar with his Gerrothorax.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

Wait, what? There's another Gerrothorax figure than the PV Gerro?

BlueKrono

There is! Dark gray lump of a thing, but yes.