News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Pawn's World 2017

Started by Pawnosuchus, January 23, 2017, 11:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pawnosuchus

This is my garage world collection circa 2017.  As I've grown older I've become much more discerning in adding figures to my collection.  The Einosaurusis my latest addition.  I really don't anticipate too many more additions this year.  I apologize for the lack of audio but I'm sure most forum members will be more interested in the visual aspect.  I try to keep most figures in the1-30 or 1-40 scale but there are exceptions.  My goal is to create a giant diorama where the figures almost come"alive".  Those of you familiar with my previous video will notice that most of the new additions are in the Cretaceous period.  I've found a lack of new good figures from the Triassic and Jurassic.  My lovely wife is responsible for the foliage and landscaping.  I welcome any comments or suggestions. Enjoy! https://youtu.be/N9TSMaUBDtE

Pawnosuchus

I wanted to mention that I currently have 223 different species of which 134 are dinosaurs.  There are 393 total figures in my garage world.

Halichoeres

I love seeing your giant diorama updates, Pawnosuchus! Thanks for the video. You're right that the Triassic and Jurassic have been relatively neglected. There were some good ones from Favorite, and the great new Coelophysis from Safari, but they're all much larger than 1:40.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Pachyrhinosaurus

They're moving in herds, they do move in herds.
Impressive as always! I like how its been terraformed: that's just altogether fantastic.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Killekor

Wow! :o :o :o It's a big collection!!!!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

RobinGoodfellow

That diorama is an every-kid-dream comes true  :))

Pawnosuchus

Thanks to everyone for the great comments.  About that "kids dream come true", it's so accurate.  When I was about six years old my parents bought me the Marx play set with the one piece landscape with the pond in the middle. (I still have it).  Something snapped in my brain and I've been collecting ever since. Thanks again everyone!

BlueKrono

Ah, a fellow Marxist! Thrilling collection.
2:15 - That Mamenchisaurus neck is like watching the huge spaceship in the opening of Star Wars. ;)
6:45 - I used to have that volcano with the red push button on top! Does yours still make noise?
8:05 - What terror bird is that?

And last and most importantly... I saw something that blew my socks off at the one minute mark.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Gwangi

Looking good! I've always loved watching this diorama grow over the years. Something like this has always been a dream of mine, just need the space and time!

Pawnosuchus

BlueKrono: The terror bird is something I picked up at a yard sale and lightly painted.  A Marx mold, I think or maybe a MPC.  Yes, the volcano sound still works!  You've really baffled me with the statement that something blew your socks off at the 1:00 minute mark. What was it?

BlueKrono

The Gerrothorax. I'm looking for several of the Play Visions prehistoric amphibians, but the Gerrothorax is my #1 most wanted figure. Not because it's any rarer than any of the others; I just think it's a neat animal. It's even in my signature. ---v
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

danmalcolm

Love the Allosaurus and Diplodocus.
What are the little guys at 2:25?

Pawnosuchus

2:25--Those are National Geographic  Compys

Libraraptor

A great diorama revealing a great collection. I wish I had that much space!

Roselaar

Fabulous diorama! And a lovely herd of prehistoric creatures to populate it. :)

btb300

Incredibly busy and detailed, I could be looking at it for hours, great job!
Inevitably, underlying instabilities begin to appear.

Libraraptor

By the way, this video would look much better with music in the background, why donĀ“t you broadcast it via the Dinotoyblog youtube channel?

Pawnosuchus

I agree. I would love to add some music or even background jungle sounds but it's beyond my capabilty. One of the reasons I've always been fascinated with dinosaurs is because I AM a technological dinosaur.  I don't even own a watch or a cell phone.  The only way I could even post this video is through weeks of constant pestering of my step-son to do it for me.  Am open to suggestions or instruction. Thanks.

Libraraptor

It was beyond my capability too. I sent my video to our Administrator and he cut it,  added some music and an intro. If I were you I'd try this since the DTB youtube channel is always interested in nice new stuff.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: