News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Impressive dinosaur tattoos

Started by billharrison, February 25, 2017, 05:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billharrison

This is great.

Libraraptor

Yes, that looks great! I do not know if we have a dinosaur tattoo thread somewhere. If not, wouldn´t this be a great idea?

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

billharrison

Hey, Halichoeres. Can you change the title of this thread to Dinosaur Tattoos? Then we can start a new one here and now. Since some of the images on the old thread are already unavailable.

Halichoeres

Quote from: billharrison on February 25, 2017, 09:36:24 PM
Hey, Halichoeres. Can you change the title of this thread to Dinosaur Tattoos? Then we can start a new one here and now. Since some of the images on the old thread are already unavailable.

Only admins and thread originators can change thread names. I'm not an admin, but you're the thread originator, so you should be able to change the thread title by clicking "modify" on the first post!

BlueKrono

If I saw a lady with this tattoo I'd probably instantly ask for her hand in marriage.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Nanuqsaurus

I'm starting to get the feeling that I'm one of the few people on this planet who doesn't like tattoos at all. I mean, it's a neat drawing, I would've loved it as a poster or something, but I would never wear it on my back forever. You can't even see it when it's on your back...

MLMjp

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on February 26, 2017, 02:48:46 PM
I'm starting to get the feeling that I'm one of the few people on this planet who doesn't like tattoos at all. I mean, it's a neat drawing, I would've loved it as a poster or something, but I would never wear it on my back forever. You can't even see it when it's on your back...

You are not alone. I never liked paint or drawings in my skin. You will never see a tattoo on me.

CityRaptor

Not going for tattos either. Although it would be neat to be the member of a species with natural markings.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

BlueKrono

When given the choice of having awesome images on me or not, I don't know why I'd choose blank canvas. Of course you have to decide on something that's so intrinsically part of you that you'll never not like it, and that's a decision that takes a lot of thought and weighing. I have a few rules on my tattoos - no names, no people that aren't already dead, etc. The one (that will go) on my back is fairly simple, but symbolizes me. The ones on my arms and ribs are more detailed and visually interesting. And as an artist myself I personally draw all of mine. Every line on my body was drawn by my own hand, and slapped on my skin by an inker.  :)

billharrison

Quote from: BlueKrono on February 26, 2017, 11:46:01 PM
When given the choice of having awesome images on me or not, I don't know why I'd choose blank canvas. Of course you have to decide on something that's so intrinsically part of you that you'll never not like it, and that's a decision that takes a lot of thought and weighing. I have a few rules on my tattoos - no names, no people that aren't already dead, etc. The one (that will go) on my back is fairly simple, but symbolizes me. The ones on my arms and ribs are more detailed and visually interesting. And as an artist myself I personally draw all of mine. Every line on my body was drawn by my own hand, and slapped on my skin by an inker.  :)

Good for you! I'm an artist and I've thought about creating my own tattoos too, but I hate needles and am generally a pussy when it comes to pain.

BlueKrono

That's cool. I've designed tattoos for other people as well. As for pain, it ranges. Ribs suck - I do not recommend it unless you seriously want it there. Anywhere close to the bone is usually painful. The upper arm is a good place - lots of padding there, and doesn't distort over time as you age or change weight. The best way I can describe it is if you had a really bad sunburn and then someone is rubbing on it. It's not a needle sensation at all. Just don't look at it if it bothers you! The pain isn't too unbearable in the right places in my opinion. If you know you want to go through with it I'd recommend talking to a tattoo artist. They tend to be a lot more knowledgable than me and can give you ideas about size and placement.

Neosodon

Quote from: MLMjp on February 26, 2017, 11:26:11 PM
Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on February 26, 2017, 02:48:46 PM

You are not alone. I never liked paint or drawings in my skin. You will never see a tattoo on me.

I think there are actually more people than you think that don't like tattoos. People just don't usually brag or show off not having a tattoo.

I don't like tattoos because the whole idea of injecting ink into your skin disturbs me. And then the thought of having ink stains in your skin for the rest of your life that can never be washed off seems like it would give you a feeling of being permanently dirty. Even if its a tattoo of the most beautiful dinosaur portrait ever I would rather have it as a picture on my wall.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

stargatedalek

I've entertained the thought in the past, especially if I were to design one for myself. I have a very poor pain tolerance though so I don't think I'm ever very likely to get one.

Paleogene Pals

Also not a fan of tattoos. Don't have any myself but, to each their own, I guess.

Gwangi

I actually just got my first tattoo only a week ago. It's taken years for me to finally get it done and picking out what I actually wanted was a daunting task for sure. In the end, I didn't get a dinosaur, which surprised me to be honest. I decided that I didn't want a skull/skeleton as my first tattoo and I also don't want to get a life restoration done that could potentially be an outdated depiction. Maybe some day, but not as my first tattoo.

Halichoeres

I don't have any yet, but there are a few walking around in the world on other people that I designed. Nobody's asked for a dinosaur yet.

Simon

The main problem with tattoos, looks wise, is that (unlike jewelry or hair style) when you get older and perhaps change your mind about having it - the only removal option is plastic surgery with a laser beam or worse, which besides being expensive will also hurt quite a bit.

I would never get one (generational thing), but I understand that styles change - just be darned sure you think it through before you start on it because of its permanence.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: