News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA 2018

Started by Irritation, March 14, 2017, 03:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which dinosaurs do you want in CollectA's 2018 line?

Kaprosuchus
11 (21.2%)
Shauntungosaurus
25 (48.1%)
Altirhinus
9 (17.3%)
Fukuisaurus
10 (19.2%)
Sauroposidon
13 (25%)
Megaraptor
10 (19.2%)
Deltadromeus
8 (15.4%)
Pentaceratops
13 (25%)
Dromeosaurus
11 (21.2%)
Saichania
13 (25%)
Titanosaurus
10 (19.2%)
Dunkleosteus
14 (26.9%)
Nyctosaurus
17 (32.7%)
Tupuxara
8 (15.4%)
Giraffatitan
11 (21.2%)
Troodon
13 (25%)
Dryosaurus
14 (26.9%)
Monoclonius
3 (5.8%)
Anchiceratops
7 (13.5%)
Tarchia
5 (9.6%)
Edmontosaurus
16 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 52

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: John on March 25, 2017, 03:50:40 AM
I would imagine CollectA would be really good at a new Psittacosaurus mongoliensis.They could also possibly take a crack at Yutyrannus huali as well sometime.Either one of those at any size would be fine by be. :)
It might be interesting to see how that panned out...they already love quilling the ceratopsians so that works well. If they could get the hands and rostral done decently it might turn out quite well.
    On a separate note, if they did attempt nests, I would only suggest NOT attempting to link them to known dinosaur species and rather base the shape of the nests on the type of egg used.......in this way accuracy would be somewhat more likely.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Flaffy

I would love to see CollectA redo their Rajasaurus. Abelisaurids needs more love.

Takama

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on March 25, 2017, 04:36:15 PM
I would love to see CollectA redo their Rajasaurus. Abelisaurids needs more love.

they just gave it a base this year

Flaffy

Quote from: Takama on March 25, 2017, 05:25:38 PM

I meant the whole model, it's head is lopsided and it's a bit skinny and the skull shape is a little off.

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Takama on March 25, 2017, 05:25:38 PM

Aww, really? It's one of the few theropods that stands completly stable despite its very tiny feet and the fact it is used as an actual toy here. Need to get another "old" one then, it's a great figure.

Cloud the Dinosaur King

They should also redo their Majungasaurus and Rugops.

Takama

Quote from: Cloud the Dinosaur King on March 25, 2017, 05:52:16 PM

Ther is a TON of dinosaurs they need to redo for the Standard line

PaleoMatt

We need more hadrosaurs!

tanystropheus

Quote from: Takama on March 25, 2017, 06:57:16 PM

All of these models are in need of an update.

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Quote from: tanystropheus on March 28, 2017, 10:12:14 AM
Quote from: Takama on March 25, 2017, 06:57:16 PM

All of these models are in need of an update.
Come to think of it, yes, minus most of the 2017 models.

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CrypticPrism

I'd like a supreme Yi. It seems like a CollectA move, although there seems to be a new supreme every 2 years, so I don't count on it.

I'd love a deluxe allosaurus, the only good one I have is a papo.

A new deluxe sauropod would be great, perhaps a camarasaurus with a keratinous sheath over its mouth?

I'd also like to see a dunkleosteus. The toob just makes it more likely for me.

In terms of mammals, I'd love a redone indricothere. Perhaps some kind of strange extinct rhinoceros? Like Teloceras or maybe hyrachyus? A creodont would be cool. And perhaps a macrauchenia or toxodon for my smilodon to eat?

A new maniraptoran would be good as well. Let's just hope they give it primaries. I'd only buy the said maniraptoran if it's in standard.
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Quote from: CrypticPrism on April 06, 2017, 12:06:52 AM
I'd like a supreme Yi. It seems like a CollectA move, although there seems to be a new supreme every 2 years, so I don't count on it.

I'd love a deluxe allosaurus, the only good one I have is a papo.

A new deluxe sauropod would be great, perhaps a camarasaurus with a keratinous sheath over its mouth?

I'd also like to see a dunkleosteus. The toob just makes it more likely for me.

In terms of mammals, I'd love a redone indricothere. Perhaps some kind of strange extinct rhinoceros? Like Teloceras or maybe hyrachyus? A creodont would be cool. And perhaps a macrauchenia or toxodon for my smilodon to eat?

A new maniraptoran would be good as well. Let's just hope they give it primaries. I'd only buy the said maniraptoran if it's in standard.
A supreme Yi would have to be in 1:1 scale, and it would be 1 foot long. It would be awesome!

Brachiosaurus

Kaprosaurus

Faelrin

I'd really like to see a larger version of the Dunkleosteus from the prehistoric marine tube, preferably with an articulated jaw. I like some of the other suggestions like Yi qi and Tiktaalik.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

alexeratops

We need more ankylosaurs in general, only recently did I realise how little we have. There is the Carnegie Anky and the Papo, but neither of those entirely fill the specifications  ;). Plus, not many Ankylosaurs are represented. A good Nodosaurus would be very nice, of course Edmontonia is well represented in books, but the latest model I can remember was CollectA's rendition, which also didn't cut it.

Of course, Pterosaurs are always welcome. It would be interesting if CollectA released a Pteranodon longiceps and a Pterodactlyus to try to stress the differences between the two.  :))
like a bantha!

Neosodon

Quote from: alexeratops on June 29, 2017, 04:02:03 AM
We need more ankylosaurs in general, only recently did I realise how little we have. There is the Carnegie Anky and the Papo, but neither of those entirely fill the specifications  ;). Plus, not many Ankylosaurs are represented. A good Nodosaurus would be very nice, of course Edmontonia is well represented in books, but the latest model I can remember was CollectA's rendition, which also didn't cut it.

Of course, Pterosaurs are always welcome. It would be interesting if CollectA released a Pteranodon longiceps and a Pterodactlyus to try to stress the differences between the two.  :))
Nodosaurs are pretty well off in my opinion. We got an incredible Gatsonia from collecta, Saurapelta from safari and Polacanthus from papo. But there are no Good Ankylosaurids that have been made by any of them recently. Nodosaurs have lately been taking the spot light off the clubbed ankylosaurids it seems.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Shonisaurus

I would like to collect Collect among other model figures in Deluxe scale without scale such as styracosaurus, dimorphodon or uintatherium of the following figures:

A chasmosaurus, arrhinoceratops, pentaceratops, monoclonius and torosaurus.

I agree that a dunkleosteus and an archelon even more beautiful than the Favorite.

In standard animal models of the Cambrian it would be interesting that they were the size of those of Favorite.

Among the herbivorous dinosaurs, edmontosaurus, gastonia, tsintaosaurus (deluxe), charonosaurus, hypacrosaurus, psittacosaurus, edmontonia (deluxe).

Flying reptiles I like all but would be interesting to ludydactylus (deluxe), ptedodaustro, dsungaripterus, pterodacylus, preondacylus, phobetor, germanodacylus, gallodacylus among other figures.

Marine reptiles and prehistoric fish are indifferent all are beautiful.

Tyrannosauroids I would like the Deluxe size tarbosaurus, daspletosaurus, albertosaurus, gorgosaurus or alioramus.

I would like an abelisaurus that was not the carnotaurus of the Deluxe size like the rajasaurus or majungasaurus of the Deluxe size would be interesting.

On the other hand the Deluxe size allosaurus and standard size small dinosaurs such as coelophysis, compsognathus or Scipionyx

Prehistoric mammals would be interesting the size of eluxeun elasmotherium, megatherium, some prehistoric horse like eohippus, basilosaurus (deluxe), homotherium, toxodon, megaloceros, sinthetoceras and gigantopitecus among other figures.

Of prehistoric birds we would be needed members of the forum of a dodo (after the disappearance of the one of Papo and Safari), moa, phorusrhacus and gastornis among other figures.

Georassic

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 15, 2017, 04:03:04 AM
I would like to see them do an entire year of Permian and/or Triassic animals.

Yes, that would be cool.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: