You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Meet My Model Aircraft Collection :)

Started by Tylosaurus, March 22, 2017, 07:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tylosaurus

Hey my DTF friends :)

Here something I always wanted to show you guys, something I have gotten more in to the last few years  8) 
That is Aircraft Model Collecting, that to which I also run my own Aircraft Model Collecting Community on Facebook the A.M.C.C. y that being:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/amcc28/

Military Jets are Scale 1:72 Airliners & Freighters are mainly Scale 1:200.
Some are 1:400 & 1:500, as that these smaller ones are alternatives if they are not available at 1:200.

So here it is as of now  8)

Total collection:

Center display:

Boeing 747-4D7
Thai Airways International "Current Livery"
"Pathoomawadi" HS-TGG "Tango Golf Golf"
Scale: 1:200
JC Wings
---------------------------------------------------------
Boeing 747-409
China Airlines "50th Anniversary"
B-18208
Herpa Wings
Scale 1:200

Airbus A330-203
KLM
Herpa Wings
-----------------------------------------------
Boeing 737-528
Air France
Hogan Wings
Airbus A330-313
China Airlines "Orchid Livery"
Hogan Wings
Airbus A340-211
Air Tahiti Nui
Scale 1:400
Herpa Wings

Boeing 747-338
Qantas "Nalanji Dreaming"
Skymarks Models
Boeing 747-438
Qantas "Wunala Dreaming"
Herpa Wings

Boeing 747-206B
KLM "1971 KLM Retro Livery"
"The Mississippi" PH-BUA "Bravo Uniform Alpha"
Inflight 200
-------------------------------------------------------
Boeing 777-35R/ER
Thai Airways "2004 Current Livery"
Hogan Wings

Airbus A300-B4-203
Trans Australian Airlines "Retro 1980's TAA livery"
"Thomas Cook"
VH-TAA "Tango Alpha Alpha"
Hogan Wings
Boeing 747SP-38
Qantas "Retro Livery"
"City of Gold Coast - Tweed"
VH-EAA "Echo Alpha Alpha"
Inflight 200

Sukhou Su-35S Flanker E
Russian Air Force "Red 08"
Scale 1:72
Air Force 1
Lockheed Martin F-35A Lightning II
Royal Netherlands Air Force F-001 2014
Hobby Master
Lockheed Martin F-22A Raptor
United States AirForce
06-4132, 411 FLTS, Edwards AFB, 2010
Hobby Master
MiG-29UBS Fulcrum B
1303rd Slovak Air Force 1994 "Tiger Meet"
Limited Edition No. 650 of 1000
Witty Wings Sky Guardians Global

MiG-29G Fulcrum A
East German Air Force
JG3, Vladimir Komarow, Preschen Air Base, 1990
Limited Edition No. 161 of 2060
Corgi
MiG-29 Fulcrum A
Indian Air Force
47th Squadron "Archers" ACM Scheme 1991
MiG-29UB Fulcrum
Polish Air Force
Kociuszko Squadron 90th Anniversary,2009
Limited Edition No. 252 of 624

Tupolev Tu-144LL
RA-77114
A Tu-144D converted to a Tu-144LL The Flying Laboratory with the Tupolev, Boeing, TSAGI, Nasa, MOCKBA & Tu-144 Logo's on it
Herpa Wings
------------------------------------------------------
Tupolev Tu-144D
CCCP-77112
This is the only Tu-144 displayed outside Russia at the Technik Museum in Sinsheim, Germany
Herpa Wings
Antonov An-225
CCCP-Christmas 2010
This is a Special limited Edition made by Herpa Models for Christmas 2010
Scale 1:500
Herpa Wings
Tupolev Tu-144S
CCCP-77101
First Pre-Production Tu-144.
Herpa Wings
Tupolev Tu-144S
CCCP-Christmas 2012
This is a Special limited Edition made by Herpa Models for Christmas 2012
It would of been cool if a real Tu-144 was painted like it xD
Scale 1:500
Herpa Wings
Tupolev Tu-144S
CCCP-77107
The Famous Tu-144S on display at Kazan, Russia
Herpa Wings

AĆ©rospatiale/BAC Concorde
British Airways "Landor Livery"
G-BOAE "Alpha Echo"
Hogan Models
Boeing 747SP-44
South African Airlines "Hantam"
Inflight 200
Boeing 737-809
China Airlines "Lavender Livery"
Aviation 200

Sukhoi Su-35A Prototype
Russian Air Force
"Red 707" KNAAPO
Shantou TongDe Craft Products
MiG-29 Fulcrum C
Ukrainian Air Force
Ukrainian Falcons Display Team
Royal International Air Tattoo, RAF Fairford, July 1997
Limited Edition No. 472 of 1000
Corgi
MiG-29AS Fulcrum C
Slovakia Air Force, 0921
"Digital Thunder" 2006
Limited Edition No. 347 of 1000
MiG-29 Fulcrum A
Russian Air Force
Russian Falcons 1983
Limited Edition No. 502 of 800

StarWars Battle of Yavin IV Collectors Plate
Douglas DC 8-62F
ATI Air Transport International L.L.C.
Skymarks Models
Boeing 747-4HAF/ER/SCD
TNT "Global Express Logistics & Mail"
Skymarks Models

Douglas DC 8-62F
ATI Air Transport International L.L.C.
Skymarks Models
Airbus A380-800 Protoptype
"Old Airbus House Colors Livery"
Skylmarks Models

And there you have it all :flower:

deanm

Very cool.  I have a few also (mostly Canadian military jets - tiger stripe starfighter, cf-18, and Afro arrow).

Doug Watson

Beautiful collection. Excuse my ignorance but do you build those from kits or buy them finished? I see you have some cars there too, I like that.
I saw the F-22 Raptor fly this summer at the Trenton Airshow, I swear that plane must have reverse engineered alien technology.

Tylosaurus

Quote from: deanm on March 22, 2017, 11:20:47 AM
Very cool.  I have a few also (mostly Canadian military jets - tiger stripe starfighter, cf-18, and Afro arrow).
Hey thanks man :) Ohh nice , you should post them here, I'd like to see them :)

Quote from: Doug Watson on March 22, 2017, 01:01:03 PM
Beautiful collection. Excuse my ignorance but do you build those from kits or buy them finished? I see you have some cars there too, I like that.
I saw the F-22 Raptor fly this summer at the Trenton Airshow, I swear that plane must have reverse engineered alien technology.
Nah they are all collectors models most of them are diecast metal some others are plastic, the plastic ones are snap fit models, like pairs of wings snap fit to the fuselage etc
They are very well made and very accurate for their scale, Blue-Box Models, Gemini Jets 200, Inflight 200, Aviation 200, JC Wings, Herpa Wings, Hogan Wings & Skymarks are my most favored brands 8)

Skymarks is a good brand if no other brand makes a certain aircraft or has a certain livery you are looking for, so for exceptional reason is I use Skymarks to fill in those gaps, you can always upgrade the landing gear with Landing gear sets from Hogan Wings the same for the engines as well, making them more detailed.

Hogan Wings & Herpa Wings make great plastic and diecast models
Blue-Box Models, Aviation 200, like Inflight 200, JC Wings & Gemini Jets 200 make great quality diecast 1:200 models of all sorts and types.
J-Fox & Voyager are also brands that can have some great alternatives.

Some model collector friend of mine from the DA.C Forums even add extra antenna's, hydraulics on the landing gear for example,
So make entire airports @ 1:600, 1:500, 1:400 or even 1:200 if they have enough room.
I seen a lot of cool stuff, it's how they make diorama's with aircraft models the same as you people do with your dinosaur toy & desktop models or resins.
It's a very similar world, when it comes to model collecting and diorama making.

All in all you can make it as crazy and as detailed as you want, it's all possible.
Just due to my arthritis like hands, I normally to avoid such things, hands cramp up easily and I shake too much as well.

ZoPteryx

Very cool collection!  I never knew that there were so many types of passenger airliners, let alone models of them!  Compared to dinosaur toys/models, I'd suspect they typically have greater scientific accuracy, or am I just being naive?  :)

I have to ask, have you ever been to the Pima Air and Space Museum in Arizona?  If not, you definitely should, something tells me you'd like it!  :))

Halichoeres

Quote from: ZoPteryx on March 24, 2017, 06:27:36 AM

I have to ask, have you ever been to the Pima Air and Space Museum in Arizona?  If not, you definitely should, something tells me you'd like it!  :))

I grew up in Tucson and went there often. When I was older I was surprised to learn that not every town has a similar place. It's really quite remarkable.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Tylosaurus

Quote from: ZoPteryx on March 24, 2017, 06:27:36 AM
Very cool collection!  I never knew that there were so many types of passenger airliners, let alone models of them!  Compared to dinosaur toys/models, I'd suspect they typically have greater scientific accuracy, or am I just being naive?  :)

Hey thanks :) as variety of planes much more than there are dino's well when it comes to models that are 8)

Here some places I go to to buy my model aircraft, places I really can advise going to, if Aircraft Model Collecting is your kind of interest:

The Aviation mega-Store in Almeerderbrug,  The Netherlands, it has 60.000 items in stock all different of course:
https://www.aviationmegastore.com/

Arcunia in Roelofarendsveen, The Netherlands, ran by a friend of mine from DA.C Forums:
http://www.arcunia.com/

Dai Kong Hobby a Model shop in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, also ran by a good friend of mine from the DA.C Forums :)
http://www.dai-kong.com/index.html

Westway Models Webshop from the UK for the big fiberglass aircraft models:
http://www.westway-aircraft-models.com/19.html

There are many other places but these are the ones I can greatly advise 8)

Ravonium

As someone who finds aircraft (especially military aircraft) cool, I can say that this is one of my favourite non-dinosaur related threads.
Quote from: Tylosaurus Rev.A2 on March 22, 2017, 07:25:35 AM

Center display:

Can i ask, what is that vaguely Concorde-looking aircraft in the centre of the top shelf.

Tylosaurus

@ Ravonium

That isn't a Concorde, but still a SST, it's the infamous North American XB-70 Valkyrie Prototype, a Model kit by ERTL/AMT @ 1:72
I didn't get to finish it since a lot of things were lost when I moved to this apartment, also due to my heavy arthritis like pains I stopped modeling ages ago.
This model however is one of few remainders I have left over from my 80+ part Scale 1:72 aircraft modelkit collection I had back in the old days.

Ravonium

Quote from: Tylosaurus Rev.A2 on April 15, 2017, 02:01:47 AM
@ Ravonium

That isn't a Concorde, but still a SST, it's the infamous North American XB-70 Valkyrie Prototype, a Model kit by ERTL/AMT @ 1:72
I didn't get to finish it since a lot of things were lost when I moved to this apartment, also due to my heavy arthritis like pains I stopped modeling ages ago.
This model however is one of few remainders I have left over from my 80+ part Scale 1:72 aircraft modelkit collection I had back in the old days.

Thanks mate.

Nanuqsaurus

Nice collection! :) I used to build 1:72 scale military airplanes and helicopters, but I was never really good at it so I just kinda stopped. I still have some unbuild kits laying around.

Ravonium

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on April 15, 2017, 02:01:10 PM
Nice collection! :) I used to build 1:72 scale military airplanes and helicopters, but I was never really good at it so I just kinda stopped. I still have some unbuild kits laying around.

I know how you feel. I'm useless at building (and especially painting) models. This is the reason I'll probably never get a model kit.

Nanuqsaurus

@ Ravonium

The Valkyrie is such a bad-ass looking plane. It's still futuristic despite its age. So sad it never went into service.

Ravonium

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on April 15, 2017, 04:47:02 PM
@ Ravonium

The Valkyrie is such a bad-ass looking plane. It's still futuristic despite its age. So sad it never went into service.

After reading about it I agree.

Tylosaurus

Yeah same the Valkyrie would of been super useful these days especially with what NK is up to :X
It was a fun build tho  not too hard, I can make more pics of it, my paint job is a bit on the wonky end, since it's one of the last ones I built, my hands were too shaky to make it  a good build, then again glad I still have it, it seems hard to get these days, it's even longer than my KC-10-F  rofl, Valkyries are long things, they are like the Amplexus of Aircraft :D : ;D

It's max speed was around Mach 3.6+ even they only flew Mach 3.1 with the prototype if memory serves correctly.

Derek.McManus

Tylosaurus

Quote from: Derek.McManus on May 01, 2017, 02:15:55 AM
Very impressive collection!
Hey thanks man :) About 9 B747's will be added during this year, stay tuned for more soon 8)

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Tylosaurus Rev.A2 on April 16, 2017, 08:41:13 AM
Yeah same the Valkyrie would of been super useful these days especially with what NK is up to :X
It was a fun build tho  not too hard, I can make more pics of it, my paint job is a bit on the wonky end, since it's one of the last ones I built, my hands were too shaky to make it  a good build, then again glad I still have it, it seems hard to get these days, it's even longer than my KC-10-F  rofl, Valkyries are long things, they are like the Amplexus of Aircraft :D : ;D

It's max speed was around Mach 3.6+ even they only flew Mach 3.1 with the prototype if memory serves correctly.

I'd love to see more pics of your Valkyrie! It's indeed a pretty rare aircraft in modelling world.

Tylosaurus

Something amazing happened on June 23rd, 2017, as I just struck gold today, and bought the following model:

Boeing 747-306M
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines "LEONARDO DA VINCI"
Sky Blue Retro Livery
"PH-BUW" <3
Inflight 200

This B743 was a major importance on my hit list and I now finding it is just amazing.
My end goal is to collect the three B747's I flew on as passenger in my past life and this is 2 of 3.

The runner up will be the following from J-Fox Models:

Boeing 747-412
Malaysian Airlines "Putra Jaya"
1990's Previous Livery
"9M-MPP"
J-Fox Models

So hey this is all going well as planned  8) 

Back in December 27, 1985 I flew the PH-BUW from Sydney - Singapore - Colombo - Amsterdam and the same route back to Sydney on January 24, 1985.
This B743 was a major importance on my hit list and I now finding it is just amazing <3
And I remember the Captain telling me that this was 1 of 3 existing B747-306M's in their fleet and not 1 of 10 B747-206BM's that had the SUD upgrade. aka Stretched Upper Deck upgrade.
So this model of the PH-BUW I was on back in those days was more than just well worth getting  8)
That explaining on why I want to reach my end goal on collecting all the three B747's I flew on as passenger in my past life.

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on May 03, 2017, 06:52:20 PM
I'd love to see more pics of your Valkyrie! It's indeed a pretty rare aircraft in modelling world.
And sure man I can make some more pics of it, sorry for the late reply, I been on a vacation and had been doing other things as well, kinda been away from the screen.
The one I built was one of my last models, my Arthritis pains kind of held me back, hands shake like hell  :-\
So I kind of let  my model making days end it's not even finished since I lost all feeling to go on with it.
Kinda kept it as some memory I guess  :-X

Ravonium

I can see why you really wanted to get that plane ^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: