News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Happy Easter: Hide'n'Seek - updated for solution

Started by Lanthanotus, April 14, 2017, 07:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanthanotus

Hello fellow Dino Hunters,

Easter is near and here in Germany (and I guess elsewhere in the world) it's custom to search for easter eggs stashed away by some weird mammal known as Easter Bunny. This thread is not about eggs, but dinosaurs (and some other prehistoric stuff ;)), there's 27 of them more or less hidden in the picture below, some may be hard to identify as they are customized or naturally camouflaged, but hey, we're pros here, aren't we?. Full resolution (ca. 2500 x 1800) can be viewed here. Hunt them, name them! Happy Easter!

[[[
Spoiler
]]] - SOLUTION!!!

Link to full size image

So far the following have been identified correctly (22/28):

Safari Coelophysis
Safari Psittacosaurus
Safari Deinocheirus
Safari Tree Fern
Safari Cycad
Carnegie Deinonychus Trio
Carnegie Protoceratops
Schleich Stegosaurus (2017)
TipToi Giganotosaurus
Favorite Fukuisaurus
Bullyland Plateosaurus
Bullyland Iguanodon
Rebor Dimorphodon
Kaiyodo Sauropelta
Kaiyodo Carnotaurus
CollectA Koreaceratops
CollectA Quetzalcoatlus
CollectA Polacanthus
CollectA Hysilophodon
PNSO Ouranosaurus
Kabaya Seismosaurus
Protocasts Hylaeosaurus

While the image is updated for locations as promised, I deemed it proper to not spoil all the fun, if anyone wants to identify the remaining figures - good luck ;)

[close]

Lanthanotus

PS: I released some newts to the pond and found I actually hid 28 figures in the picture, though that last one may be unrecognizable in the picture - so its the secret one! Sorry for the lack of marine reptiles by the way - I know some of you are specialized on those - but I found it impossible to place them "naturally" and still reasonably visible on the image.

Halichoeres

Let's see, I spy:

CollectA Koreaceratops
Rebor Dimorphodon (perched)
Safari Coelophysis
PNSO Ouranosaurus
CollectA Mapusaurus? Not sure, it's in the back and I can only see its tail.
Kabaya Seismosaurus

I see a few more, but I don't want to hog all the fun.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Ravonium

I managed to find the following (as well as most/all of the ones Halichoeres found):

Collecta Polacanthus
Collecta Gastonia (Crossed out as it was wrong)
Collecta Quetzalcoatlus (repainted)
Safari Ltd Psittacosaurus
Safari Ltd Deinocheirus
Safari Ltd Carnegie Deinonychus Trio

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 14, 2017, 08:09:38 PM

CollectA Mapusaurus? Not sure, it's in the back and I can only see its tail.

If what I think you mean is what you mean, then that is probably one of the newts Lanthanotus described. It is the wrong pattern and looks too smooth skinned to be the Collecta Mapusaurus.

ceratopsian

I can see the:
Safari Tree Fern
Safari Cycad (both to the right close to the pond)
Kaiyodo Carnotaurus (up behind the pond).

Lanthanotus

I'll post an image with all figures marked and named in the end (after Easter for sure ;))...

... so far there's a lot of sharp and true sightings (13 of 28).... however, no CollectA Gastonia, no CollectA Mapusaurus and no actual newts on the picture.

Bring it one :)

Ravonium

Quote from: Lanthanotus on April 15, 2017, 12:20:46 PM

... so far there's a lot of sharp and true sightings (13 of 28).... however, no CollectA Gastonia, no CollectA Mapusaurus and no actual newts on the picture.

Bring it one :)

To be fair, I wasn't 100% sure what the 'newt' at the back was. I just knew it wasn't a Collecta Mapusaurus as Halichoeres guessed it was. Even Halichoeres (as evident in the fact he put a question mark and a doubt at the end of 'Collecta Mapusaurus') wasn't 100% sure about his guess.

I don't want to start an argument over this so I'll leave it here.

Sim

Nice game, Lanthanotus!  I hope you managed to find all the figures you used after taking the photo, and didn't lose any!  Here are some figures not identified yet that I will say I see:

-  a Bullyland Plateosaurus, at the back, I think it's the figure that had been suggested to be the CollectA Mapusaurus or a newt

- the newest Schleich Stegosaurus

- Tiptoi Giganotosaurus

- Kaiyodo Sauropelta

- Favorite soft model Fukuisaurus

- Carnegie Collection Protoceratops

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Ravonium
[...]

I guess you're save from starting an argument here, it's just a game ;)

Quote from: Sim
Nice game, Lanthanotus!  I hope you managed to find all the figures you used after taking the photo, and didn't lose any!
[/url]

Thanks, ... I indeed thought I had picked them all up again, but I released those newts later the day and found to my surprise one figure floating on the water. It's a very light one that was placed near the water (won't say more) and it seems the wind had blown it into the pond. If I hadn't released those newts and so found the figure by chance, I am not sure when I would have missed it :D

Ravonium

Quote from: Lanthanotus on April 15, 2017, 08:21:51 PM
Quote from: Ravonium
[...]
I guess you're save from starting an argument here, it's just a game ;)

We have found the Official Most Memorable Quote of 2017

In all seriousness, arguments can't necessarily get too bad on a fun festive game, can't they.

CrypticPrism

I think the red one in the log might be a repainted CollectA Carcharadontosaurus?

I also see a repainted Schleich 2017 stegosaurus at the bottom.
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

Dinomike

This is a fun game! Thank you for creating it! I found the following :
Favorite parasaurolophus series two
Safari coelophysis
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Lanthanotus

Quick update and thanks for participating :)

So far we're at 19 out of 28 identified correctly if I counted right :)

Thus are

Safari Coelophysis
Safari Psittacosaurus
Safari Deinocheirus
Safari Tree Fern
Safari Cycad
Carnegie Protoceratops
TipToi Giganotosaurus
Favorite Fukuisaurus
Bullyland Plateosaurus
Rebor Dimorphodon
Kaiyodo Sauropelta
Kaiyodo Carnotaurus
CollectA Koreaceratops
CollectA Quetzalcoatlus
CollectA Polacanthus
PNSO Ouranosaurus
Kabaya Seismosaurus

Happy Easter everyone! :)

Halichoeres

I can't identify that Dimetrodon sail at the front of the pond. It's not the Schleich, is it?

I also spy the Protocasts Hylaeosaurus, and is that the old Bullyland Iguanodon on the left?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

I also see the CollectA Hypsilophodon.

Lanthanotus

Updated 1st post for correct identifications...

... the "Dimetrodon" isn't actually a Dimetrodon (it is figure No 28 which I forgot to pick up and found floating in the pond, it's not self made but it's not really a toy figure either ;))

PumperKrickel

deleted

Dinomike

Ha! This is a tricky one! I got the Favorite Fukuisaurus wrong as the Parasaurolophus has a very similar color scheme - you have provided us with a great deal of challenge!  Thank you!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Dinomike on April 17, 2017, 06:01:12 PM
[...]

you have provided us with a great deal of challenge!  Thank you!

Hehe, you're welcome :)

Quote from: SuperiorSpider
[...] Schleich Apatosaurus[...]?

That one is no Schleich,.... small hint... it's a customized one, and - I may be wrong though - not very common among collectors.

Lanthanotus

Easter's gone for almost a week... this is the current score:

19 of 28...

Safari Coelophysis
Safari Psittacosaurus
Safari Deinocheirus
Safari Tree Fern
Safari Cycad
Carnegie Protoceratops
TipToi Giganotosaurus
Favorite Fukuisaurus
Bullyland Plateosaurus
Rebor Dimorphodon
Kaiyodo Sauropelta
Kaiyodo Carnotaurus
CollectA Koreaceratops
CollectA Quetzalcoatlus
CollectA Polacanthus
PNSO Ouranosaurus
Kabaya Seismosaurus

(22/28):

Safari Coelophysis
Safari Psittacosaurus
Safari Deinocheirus
Safari Tree Fern
Safari Cycad
Carnegie Protoceratops
TipToi Giganotosaurus
Favorite Fukuisaurus
Bullyland Plateosaurus
Bullyland Iguanodon
Rebor Dimorphodon
Kaiyodo Sauropelta
Kaiyodo Carnotaurus
CollectA Koreaceratops
CollectA Quetzalcoatlus
CollectA Polacanthus
CollectA Hysilophodon
PNSO Ouranosaurus
Kabaya Seismosaurus
Protocasts Hylaeosaurus

I'll update with a complete solution during the next week, so if you want to train a keen eye, take your chance now ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: