News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Ankylosaurus magniventris "War Pig"

Started by joossa, June 03, 2017, 04:30:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Sincerely as it has been commented no figure is essential. For example we already have the ankylosaurus of Papo or Safari for putting two examples that are very good.

In the case of Rebor ankylosaurus I prefer to wait to see a promotional video of his ankylosaurus to buy his three figures if I am interested. Anyway, in the case that the problem is painting you can repaint this figure yourself or hire a paleoartist to touch up that figure, for example Martin Garratt to give an example. In my case I prefer to wait to see more pictures and especially see a video of that figure, for as I have already indicated buying it or not.

I sincerely like other Rebor figures that are in the design, such as the tyrannosaurs of Rebor, titanoboa or deinosuchus.

empire3569

To people that know more about Ankylosaur anatomy than myself; I know this is not remotely close to an accurate Ankylosaurus, is it close to Euplocephalus or Saichania? If so, which does it resemble more closely?

IrritatorRaji

avatar_empire3569 @empire3569 I'd say it's more like Saichania, but truth be told it looks a little like a mix of the two

Shonisaurus

empire3569 reminds me more of Saichania as IrritatorRaji says I have Schleich's figure and remotely remind me of these new Rebor figures with Schleich's latest version of the Humbold Museum although obviously each figure has its own artistic philosophy.

By the way, there is less left for the three Rebor ankylosaurs to be commercialized. It was time for Rebor to start selling his products. We have had a drought of figures of that brand for six months.

Faelrin

Does it even work as a retro Ankylosaurus? Although I would expect it to be more similar to JW's in that regard, since that one is pretty darn retro in its design (especially with the side spikes).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

It does look somewhat like Schleich's old Saichania, but neither of those looks like actual Saichania (their most recent smaller Saichania is a little closer to the mark). I think it kinda works as a retro Ankylosaurus. I don't really enjoy retro dinosaurs, but if that's what you're into, you could do worse than this.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

The marketing of the Rebor ankylosaurus are ready now. I suppose you can buy such products nicknamed "War pig" in this week or in the next.

Step the facebook link:

https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/pb.555146104612402.-2207520000.1528031665./1562425720551097/?type=3&theater

On the other hand, www.minizoo.com.au are almost ready to market these figures on their website.
Anyway the price of the three ankylosaurus is too high 38.91 euros each. I will sincerely wait for prices to settle down and see how the figures are in videos and more photographs. It's a lot of money, for any user, I pass the link.

https://www.minizoo.com.au/categories/rebor/standard-collection/

Shonisaurus

The three Rebor ankylosaurus nicknamed "War Pig" are now available at www.minizoo.com.au, I pass the link:

https://www.minizoo.com.au/search.php?search_query=ankylosaurus+rebor

Syndicate Bias

danmalcolm

I actually really like war pig. The heads too big and the tails too long (probably), but aesthetically I think it's incredible. Might be my zoo tycoon nostalgia talking in the case of this colour scheme, though. It helps that its on the larger side, too. I'll probably end up getting this beast.

Shonisaurus

Although I was not going to buy it for economic reasons, at the end I ordered the three ankylosaurus from Rebor at www.minizoo.com.au and the manager of the company told me that I would not regret having bought these three figures, he told me that They were very good

danmalcolm

Honestly all 3 paint jobs look great. You're lucky you can get all 3! I'm going to have to choose one only, and it's a tough call, but due to playing zoo tycoon as a kid the "plains" scheme is almost exactly the way I've pictured ankylosaurus for years, and for that reason, that's the colour I'll probably end up getting.

Shonisaurus

Last news,

The ankylosaurus nicknamed "War Pig" by Rebor are now available on the website of shop.modellpdeversand.de I pass the link:

http://shop.modellpferdeversand.de/Rebor-TM-Figuren:::783.html

I already bought the figures in minizoo.com.au, so the shipment will arrive later since it comes from Australia.

Shonisaurus

I pass the video of the ankylosaurus nicknamed "War Pig" by Jurassic Collectables. I ordered them to www.minizoo.com.au and I do not regret in my case to have bought them. In my case I have two safe things, both the tail and the jaws of these armored animals will keep them static so as not to damage these figures. I pass you in the video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF0W2gss2xU&feature=push-u&attr_tag=4JkZZDGJVUJAWegO-6

Syndicate Bias

After seeing them i think ill pass. They are great but the tail seam line is just ugh. I'm not very picky but i can't do super bendy tails that might not stand the test of time in my hot area lol.

Good models, was hoping they would have done better with the mouth articulation seems like rebor and papo are still learning.

Simon

EDIT: Apologies to Papo for mistaking this model for one of theirs.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on July 04, 2018, 07:03:46 PM
After seeing them i think ill pass. They are great but the tail seam line is just ugh. I'm not very picky but i can't do super bendy tails that might not stand the test of time in my hot area lol.

Good models, was hoping they would have done better with the mouth articulation seems like rebor and papo are still learning.

Not sure if herbivore mouth articulation makes all that much sense. After the influx of Mattel toys and Creative Beasts, the hard seams don't seem to bother me as much as they should. I am impressed with the color gradations of these models and the head sculpts are pretty neat. The bendy tall allows for army/clan building as the models are no longer mirror images of one another. The only issue is the stance is not neutral so it's kind of awkward having three models (with 3 unique positions set for the tails) with the same exact defensive pose. However, the pose does seem to complement the Papo version (e.g. parent-child pair). I thought that the WS Anky had the most heft of all Ankys but the REBOR version(s) seem to dwarf it in size.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Simon on July 04, 2018, 07:24:16 PM
Its (like all Papos) a very well done and detailed model.  :)

*EXCEPT*

The body is WAAAYYYY too small for the limbs/head/tail. >:(

I understand that this is basically a concession to cost.  Making an accurate-sized body would probably add 40% more plastic to the model.

That's business, I understand it.    O:-)

But that's also why Papo won't get my $$$ for this model.  >:D   A pity.  The scale is just right, too.  :-\

It's a big model. Have you seen the video comparison with the WS counterpart? The REBOR version is almost TWICE the size!!

Also, the dimensions are a bit more tapered in the Papo version (e.g. thinner hips).

Reptilia

Quote from: Simon on July 04, 2018, 07:24:16 PM
Its (like all Papos) a very well done and detailed model.  :)

But that's also why Papo won't get my $$$ for this model.  >:D   A pity.  The scale is just right, too.  :-\

You probably mistook Rebor for Papo. Or you just wanted someone to point it out to you to imply that Rebor don't even have a style of their own?

Anyways, the model is good overall, the brown variant very cool, but the bendy tail seems just superfluous to me. That's why Rebor won't get my $$$ too.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: