News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kaiyodo: New for 2018

Started by Carnosaur, August 09, 2017, 03:36:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgaguilar

Quote from: Simon on March 08, 2018, 05:53:18 AM
I am glad that the scale is too small so I won't be tempted.  The "straight up" retro-poses REALLY rub me the wrong way ... the way the head is frozen and can't be rotated up is just .... a fatal flaw on what otherwise would be a really, REALLY nice TRex ... *SIGH* ...  its just a toy ... (keep repeating) ... its just a toy ...

:(

In the photos with both models(toys), it seems as though the joint at the base of the neck can slide in an upwards position to compliment the more horizontal poses.
I'm excited for it, even if it's a bit smaller than most of my scales.  ;)

EDIT: Reposting photo for next page.

Flaffy

Quote from: mgaguilar on March 08, 2018, 06:28:36 AM
In the photos with both models(toys), it seems as though the joint at the base of the neck can slide in an upwards position to compliment the more horizontal poses.
I'm excited for it, even if it's a bit smaller than most of my scales.  ;)
Photos of articulated figures should show all the various poses and features of the articulation.
However, so far we have seen none in a neutral pose, and every photo we've got are downward facing. A "red flag".
Pretty sure the seam is to swivel the head from side to side rather than up or down.

On the new images:
I personally prefer this green, duller colouration, but it still isn't enough to make me reconsider purchasing it immediately. This will be however one of those figures where if I find a good deal on it, I'll buy it along with other figures on my to-buy list  to save on shipping. 
Also what was the point in giving the tip of the tail articulation? Seems like a really poor design choice, along with the unfortunate head position. Wouldn't it have been more practical, and nicer to have the tail segmented to move side to side instead of a tiny portion do a 360 degree rotation?
Since Mattel produced an amazing Thrasher Rex throwback, it's not likely I'll be getting any new Tyrannosaurus figures soon.

tyrantqueen

It's beautiful...I need it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I like the 2nd to last pic where it looks like they are talking..def going to try that  pose with mine. 

Shonisaurus

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on March 08, 2018, 05:57:53 AM
Goodness me! What a wonderful Tyrannosaurus! I must have it!

Unfortunately, according to Brett, we still have to wait until May or June. It is the date on which these dinosaurs will be available. But honestly worth waiting for.  :)

Minmiminime

There's a lot more movement in the head than I was expecting, which clinches it for me :))
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

ItsTwentyBelow

Wow, I really want one of these. I felt like I'd achieved the pinnacle of T. rex figures when I finally found the Battat T. rex, but this is too well done.

But I'm sure as far as pricing goes, the Battat currently beats any T. rex of comparable quality by a lot, at $12 (if you have access to Target). As a poor grad student, I hope this isn't too inordinately expensive for what it is, or exclusive to Japan, but it will probably be both. That's all there is to gripe about this figure to me.

I hope this is the first entry in a series of articulated prehistoric Kaiyodo figures in scale with each other. That would be pretty rockin'.

Fembrogon

Count me in the group who was certain they had more than enough T.rexes already, but really wants this figure. Despite some issues with pose and articulation other people are mentioning, I'm just struck by how nicely sculpted it is. Sadly HLJ is at "order stop", so unless I look on eBay or elsewhere, I'll have to wait a little longer before obtaining it.

PhilSauria

Those images have certainly made me more interested than I was initially, so, yeah I think that I can make room for one more rex. This is really turning out to be a year to foget about saving money!

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Flaffy on March 08, 2018, 07:34:06 AM
Photos of articulated figures should show all the various poses and features of the articulation.
However, so far we have seen none in a neutral pose, and every photo we've got are downward facing. A "red flag".
Pretty sure the seam is to swivel the head from side to side rather than up or down.

You'd also expect said photos to show all accessories and features of said figures, but that isn't always the case.  I didn't preorder the figma of Fate/Grand Order's Jeanne d'Arc at first because none of the pictures showed her with her sword, only her flag spear while her sword remained sheathed.  Turns out, she can use her sword after all.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 08, 2018, 03:47:22 PM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on March 08, 2018, 05:57:53 AM
Goodness me! What a wonderful Tyrannosaurus! I must have it!

Unfortunately, according to Brett, we still have to wait until May or June. It is the date on which these dinosaurs will be available. But honestly worth waiting for.  :)

I can wait.

Digibasherx

From the looks of it, only the top Jaw is hinged, the bottom jaw looks to be part of the neck sculpt, so it can raise it head with an open mouth, but not closed.  PO the green one, missed the boat on the tiger stripes.

Digibasherx

There's a 3rd coloured version announced: https://hlj.com/product/kyd00345

based on the colours Zdeněk used in his paintings.

Shonisaurus

When will the three versions of Kaiyodo's tyrannosaurus be available? I'm interested in the three figures. In fact I have commissioned Brett two of the Tyrannosaurus Kaiyodo 2018. Now I will have to order the third version.

Jetdin

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 03, 2018, 03:38:52 PM
Quote from: BrontoScorpio on February 03, 2018, 02:53:23 PM
I don't understand :
I thought that would be a hollow Soft vinyl figure.
Is it  made of PVC ?

I think you're right that it's hollow soft vinyl. I could be mistaken, as I don't actually own any of the Sofubi Toybox series, but in general "sofubi" refers to softer toys, according to this article (http://www.ebay.com/gds/What-Is-Sofubi-Toy-Collectors-/10000000204954609/g.html).

Not necessarily. I have the mega sofubi blue whale and that thing is most definitely not soft

Digibasherx

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 29, 2018, 08:48:02 AM
When will the three versions of Kaiyodo's tyrannosaurus be available? I'm interested in the three figures. In fact I have commissioned Brett two of the Tyrannosaurus Kaiyodo 2018. Now I will have to order the third version.

Shoni, you can preorder them from HLJ.  I did on HLJ and Amiami.com.  Or you can message Brettnj.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Digibasherx on April 29, 2018, 04:42:19 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 29, 2018, 08:48:02 AM

Shoni, you can preorder them from HLJ.  I did on HLJ and Amiami.com.  Or you can message Brettnj.

Thanks, Digibasherx for the information.

I've already sent them to Brettnj (I call him Brett).

Jetdin

Only 28 usd on hlj. Nice price! But the 3rd red variant is more expensive

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Jetdin on April 30, 2018, 05:50:38 AM
Only 28 usd on hlj. Nice price! But the 3rd red variant is more expensive

For what you mention, the third variant is more expensive I suppose because it is an exclusive model and with a limited number of figures.

Digibasherx

I don't know if it's limited or an exclusive figure though.  The description doesn't mention it, but it is a lot more expensive, so I'm not sure.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: