News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kaiyodo: New for 2018

Started by Carnosaur, August 09, 2017, 03:36:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgaguilar

@Blade, please post photos when you can! I'd love to see it. Especially a size comparison with some other recess in your collection. Very hyped for the detail and color scheme.

Thank you!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: mgaguilar on May 26, 2018, 11:47:38 PM
@Blade, please post photos when you can! I'd love to see it. Especially a size comparison with some other recess in your collection. Very hyped for the detail and color scheme.

Thank you!

Shonisaurus

Thank you for posting these beautiful Blade-of-the-Moon photographs. I never thought that Kaiyodo made such a big tyrannosaurus, as big as the best toy dinosaur companies.

The figure is fabulous. No wonder you have not added comments because the images say it all. Very nice and gorgeus.

Jetdin

wow did not expect the figure to be that big! wonderful!

Cretaceous Crab

Does that figure articulate at all besides the jaw?

mgaguilar

Oh my goodness it's actually comparable in size to the 1:35 - 1:40's!!!

Now I'm convinced to get the Green and Striped versions. My poor wallet, importing these from Japan.
Anyone have any good links of where to get them?

IrritatorRaji

It's way bigger than I thought it would be! :o I thought it would be dinky, that's why I didn't preorder it.... I'm regretting that dearly now....

mgaguilar

avatar_IrritatorRaji @IrritatorRaji Right???

How long does it take for HLJ to ship to the states?
I'm in California and NEED this, haha.

IrritatorRaji

You can order it from here, here are the different shipping costs :D

mgaguilar

avatar_IrritatorRaji @IrritatorRaji Oh my gosh you beautiful human, thank you so much!

So I guess the Standard International is what everyone is working.
Guess I'll go for that.

IrritatorRaji

avatar_mgaguilar @mgaguilar You're very welcome!

And yup, I'd rather spend £4 and wait 30 days than £30 to get it within a week ;D

PhilSauria

I also did not expect it to be this big. Think I'll be following it up as well, and i have an account at HLJ so that's handy. Fine selection of rexs you have there too.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: mgaguilar on May 27, 2018, 10:40:20 PM
avatar_IrritatorRaji @IrritatorRaji Oh my gosh you beautiful human, thank you so much!

So I guess the Standard International is what everyone is working.
Guess I'll go for that.

I strongly suggest a trackable shipping method for international orders.

Shonisaurus

In Europe, in my case, the shipping is by the global shipping program and it costs a lot of money. I understand that the global shipping program is abusive but if you do not want to have a package indefinitely and you have to pay customs fees, you have no other option.

What Spanish and certainly European customs do with Internet buyers is a certain unfair way.

Asian, American and non-EU vendors have no other choice.

ceratopsian

I also didn't expect it to be so big.  It looks very handsome.

Minmiminime

It is very nice, it looks better than the promo pics, the joints don't seem to be as conspicuous ^-^

In one of those shots looking at the top of the head it reminds me irresistibly of Big Bird..!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

terrorchicken

the binocular vision on that figure is insane.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Sorry for being MIA, had my hands full.   

The size is very nice, easily able to add it to my " Top T.rex shelf".   

Quote from: LeviRawl on May 27, 2018, 05:00:23 PM
Does that figure articulate at all besides the jaw?

yes the ankles/base of tail, hops and neck.  all side to side.  if you want him more horizontal you can do it, but he will have to be roaring/gaping as the upper jaw/skull moves but not the lower one.

Quote from: terrorchicken on May 28, 2018, 11:51:47 PM
the binocular vision on that figure is insane.

The markings on this one give the skull a sort of gun-sight feel with those eyes boring right into you... same look i'm getting now from across the room. lol

tyrantqueen

Blade, that's a very beautiful collection of rexes. But please, dust your poor dinosaurs >:D

EmmaLVV

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 29, 2018, 08:46:42 AM
Blade, that's a very beautiful collection of rexes. But please, dust your poor dinosaurs >:D

I was just thinking that as well!  :))

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: