News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Kaiyodo: New for 2018

Started by Carnosaur, August 09, 2017, 03:36:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnosaur

I stumbled across this image earlier today.
It's from Kaiyodo's large/Sofubi Toybox figure line.
The Shinzen T-rex coming in Spring of 2018.

It appears to be articulated, so it can probably get into a more natural pose.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20638041_10155004228392568_1416419233548212273_n.jpg?oh=a021097cfb005329ed662dfe109bebb8&oe=59F6FB56

Simon

Shinzen is THE man, but unless that head can rotate up (so you can position the critter in its normal horizontal position)...I dunno...will need a lot more pics ...

spinosaurus1

ah man. i love the sculpt and the paint apps, but that pose is just the worst thing to have an otherwise stellar sculpture to be placed in. really got to see more of this guy. i truly hope that if the figure is articulated, it would be able to get a more interesting and/ore natural pose then whats seen here.

Halichoeres

Nice looking sculpt, but honestly I'd rather have had a new Capsule Q set.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bucklander

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 09, 2017, 06:21:10 AM
Nice looking sculpt, but honestly I'd rather have had a new Capsule Q set.
Same here. I'm in CQ withdrawal. Anyway, how many T rexs can any one person want?

sauroid

that rex would look more spectacular if it werent articulated.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Takama

Looks like somthing that walked right out of Carnosaur

tanystropheus

I like it.

Speaking of T-rex, what's the 2017 verdict? No feathers? Will WS update their model?

Loon

The Kaiyodo toy box line is all swivels, so no BOTM like posing here, unfortunately.

BrontoScorpio

I would be a bit sceptic for using the word "Sofubi" -
I think it is just a translation mistake that has been rooted in time, from the word "Soft Vinyl" to Japanese and back ...

CityRaptor

Quote from: tanystropheus on August 09, 2017, 09:10:20 AM
I like it.

Speaking of T-rex, what's the 2017 verdict? No feathers? Will WS update their model?

Verdict is at least less feathers.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Carnosaur

I have the large Komodo dragon they released earlier. its very nice and realistic looking.

spinosaurus1

same here. one of the best komodo dragon models out there

stargatedalek

Quote from: CityRaptor on August 12, 2017, 11:38:22 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on August 09, 2017, 09:10:20 AM
I like it.

Verdict is at least less feathers.
Verdict is unknown. No one even knows what the impressions are.

CityRaptor

So it could still be mostly fluffy...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

postsaurischian

The 7th CapsuleQ Museum set:

Megalosaurus

So glad to see it, I hope it sells very well to make Kaiyodo to consider new prehistoric sets.

I've already placed my order with Brett.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

gursar

well, I certainly have mixed feelings about this. I think I will add them to my collection; although I would be much more happy if only they made different species' skeletons or at least the same species with different poses. some of them awfully look like remakes of previous versions which released years and years ago, with a base and some updates as a change. I could only hope there would be more prehistoric sets this year. otherwise if Kaiyodo pass 2018 with just this set, I would feel a little bit disappointed after such a long wait. :'(

tyrantqueen

I have enjoyed the CapsuleQ line so far, but I would have preferred fleshed out animals rather than skellies.

QuoteI could only hope there would be more prehistoric sets this year. otherwise if Kaiyodo pass 2018 with just this set, I would feel a little bit disappointed after such a long wait.

I'd feel a bit fobbed off if this is indeed all we're getting.

When you're a collector of small scale figures, pickings are so slim. Collectors of mainstream toy lines (Safari, Collecta, Papo etc.) are spoiled :P >:D

Flaffy

The real question is did we need yet another set of famous dinosaur skeletons.
Kaiyodo has already done plenty of those already, this set in my opinion is not needed.
Glad that Kaiyodo decided to do more prehistorics, disappointed that they decided to do skeletons.
I hope they'll have more offerings, especially on the obscure department. I personally don't care for this set.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.