News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kaiyodo: New for 2018

Started by Carnosaur, August 09, 2017, 03:36:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 29, 2018, 08:46:42 AM
Blade, that's a very beautiful collection of rexes. But please, dust your poor dinosaurs >:D

Quote from: EmmaLVV on May 29, 2018, 12:09:15 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 29, 2018, 08:46:42 AM
Blade, that's a very beautiful collection of rexes. But please, dust your poor dinosaurs >:D

I was just thinking that as well!  :))

Nah makes em' more realistic! Cuts down on that gloss too.. lol 

Actually to clean everything here would take me the better part of a week, then I would have to do it again a week later.  I live on  basement floor so everything comes down to me literally. lol 

Bokisaurus

Nice figure, I just ordered one for myself  :)) I really like the color of this one.

John

That is a very nice T. rex.For me,it looks like Kaiyodo has once again mopped the floor with the competition this year.Nothing else comes close. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

EmmaLVV

Shonisaurus

I have ordered the three tyrannosaurs from Kaiyodo to Brett. Until I receive them I can not buy them, but I believe that in a few days I will do the commission.

The tyrannosaurus rex of Kaiyodo in its three variants is a real wonder. Highly recommended and that I'm not a supporter of figures with articulated or overly articulated members, but honestly this figure I like a lot is gorgeus, very cool and nice.

SidB

I like that people can praise these featherless T-rexes without being subjected to crowd shaming. Good to keep an open, subjective mind!

John

Quote from: SidB on June 07, 2018, 05:31:28 PM
I like that people can praise these featherless T-rexes without being subjected to crowd shaming. Good to keep an open, subjective mind!
Actually the model is almost featherless.If you look closely (you can see this more clearly in the green version) there are the last remnants of the feathery coat it's ancestors once had running down the very top of it's neck and back,the sculptor being careful to not contradict the known skin impressions. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Bokisaurus

Yes, it does have feathers on the neck and the back spine, just very subtle ^-^ There are more photos in my collection thread, some shows the feathers.
Beautiful figure for sure.

tyrantqueen

I ordered the smoky version. I like the paints from the other two but cannot afford to buy all three versions.

SidB

Quote from: John on June 07, 2018, 06:49:59 PM
Quote from: SidB on June 07, 2018, 05:31:28 PM
Actually the model is almost featherless.If you look closely (you can see this more clearly in the green version) there are the last remnants of the feathery coat it's ancestors once had running down the very top of it's neck and back,the sculptor being careful to not contradict the known skin impressions. :)

Excellant. I stand corrected.

Digibasherx

This Trex is quite light, being vinyl and hollow.  I think the best pose is it's neutral pose, but I like how you can rotate the arms into a "come at me, bro" pose.  It's overall quite nice.  My only gripe is the tail swivel, which serves no purpose other than probably for casting and cutting down the size of the mold.

Fembrogon

My figure came in yesterday. The detail in the sculpt is excellent, but I wasn't prepared for how lightweight it is. Compared to most solid dinosaur figures, it feels downright flimsy. It's more comparable to a Bandai monster vinyl (if any of you collect those).

I think it got a little squished in packing/shipping, so the tail socket hangs out a bit, and I had to give the legs hair dryer & hot water treatment.
I'd share more photos, but I don't have any yet - because I am having the worst time getting it to stand on its own. Is anyone else having this problem? It's impossible for mine to stand in anything less than a pseudo-tripod pose, and even then, it sometimes tips over on its nose. I really wouldn't have thought a figure this light would still have such severe balancing issues.

mgaguilar

So what's the difference in price again, and why is this guy so special that he gets a box and not a bag?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: mgaguilar on July 01, 2018, 07:17:54 AM
So what's the difference in price again, and why is this guy so special that he gets a box and not a bag?

..just to steal more money from collectors..  ;)

CityRaptor

He is pals with Zdenek Burian? I guess because it is a limited edition compared to the rest.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dilopho

NOT AN OFFICIAL PICTURE, this is just an edit I made of the T. rex to give it the colour scheme I envision it should have.  O:-)

Even though I can't ever hope to get this figure  :'( It's one of the most beautiful rexes I've ever seen! In any form of media!
It's just so...I don't know the words. It's so T. rex-y. It still looks quite natural and animalistic, yet really highlights the species' iconic traits we've all come to know and love. Plus, the shape of the skull is really nice. Normally we get a Stan-type skull, but this one is a bigger, bulkier, knobblier one kinda like Tristan.

mgaguilar

avatar_Dilopho @Dilopho I absolutely ADORE your edit. And I also agree with everything you stated. I do feel as though this is the dinosaur many collectors have been waiting for as the quintessential, non-feathered rex - in terms of aesthetics.
But in the wrong form, unfortunately. As a toy, many sacrifices had to be made for the efforts of playability. I would buy this sculpt in a heartbeat as a resin, larger, and static figure.

Again, I feel as though I must mention that I LOVE your edit. I am, as well, waiting for a beautiful buck/jungle/dynamic green patterned Tyrannosaurus rex.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Dilopho on July 24, 2018, 10:46:14 PM

NOT AN OFFICIAL PICTURE, this is just an edit I made of the T. rex to give it the colour scheme I envision it should have.  O:-)

Even though I can't ever hope to get this figure  :'( It's one of the most beautiful rexes I've ever seen! In any form of media!
It's just so...I don't know the words. It's so T. rex-y. It still looks quite natural and animalistic, yet really highlights the species' iconic traits we've all come to know and love. Plus, the shape of the skull is really nice. Normally we get a Stan-type skull, but this one is a bigger, bulkier, knobblier one kinda like Tristan.

I can't see it...

Digibasherx

After having all 3 of them in hand, I would say I'm a bit disappointed in the colouration, it seems much too drab/dark and blended in person than in the promo shots (I know the promos were done in a light box, and gone through post processing, but still..)

brettnj

I see a few members asking where to get the big rexes. For these and for anything else from Japan, please PM with your e-mail address if interested and I'll follow with a paste detailing how my source there and I work. We offer many advantages over buying from websites like HLJ, including holding items indefinitely to combine shipping.

Also, ask around here if there are questions as to our viability.

Thanks.
Brett

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: