News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd.: New for 2018

Started by Patrx, August 25, 2017, 05:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanystropheus

Quote from: Paleodude on September 27, 2017, 03:22:16 PM
I can't tell you happy I am that the mastodon is roughly in scale with the Carnagie mammoth! It really is a piece of art and a great way to start the 2018 line. You really outdid yourself this year Mr. Watson.

Awesome, the upcoming WS Mastodon inspired me to pick up the WS Mammoth (+ baby) set. I also have the Carnegie Mammoth and love it. Now, if I could only pick up the Eofauna Steppe Mammoth inexpensively (I'm in the US). Also, looking forward to more exotic prehistoric elephants from WS in the future. Who sculpted the Amebelodon? It's a favorite of mine.

Daspletotyrannus

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 28, 2017, 03:38:27 AM
I can't tell you happy I am that the mastodon is roughly in scale with the Carnagie mammoth! It really is a piece of art and a great way to start the 2018 line. You really outdid yourself this year Mr. Watson.

Awesome, the upcoming WS Mastodon inspired me to pick up the WS Mammoth (+ baby) set. I also have the Carnegie Mammoth and love it. Now, if I could only pick up the Eofauna Steppe Mammoth inexpensively (I'm in the US). Also, looking forward to more exotic prehistoric elephants from WS in the future. Who sculpted the Amebelodon? It's a favorite of mine.

Dan's Dinosaurs said they will be getting the EoFauna Steppe Mammoth.  But don't know when.  And Doug Watson made the Wild Safari  Mammoth, Mammoth  calf,  Smilodon, Smilodon  cub (retired),  Arsinoitherium (retired),  Megatherium,  Amebelodon, Andrewsarchus (retired), Doedicurus, and the new Mastodon. 

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Daspletotyrannus on September 28, 2017, 05:58:38 AM

Dan's Dinosaurs said they will be getting the EoFauna Steppe Mammoth.  But don't know when.  And Doug Watson made the Wild Safari  Mammoth, Mammoth  calf,  Smilodon, Smilodon  cub (retired),  Arsinoitherium (retired),  Megatherium,  Amebelodon, Andrewsarchus (retired), Doedicurus, and the new Mastodon.

Magnificent works of art of prehistoric mammals made by the great Doug Watson and fortunately I have on my shelves.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Speaking of, I wonder when we are going to get the re-release of the Arsinotherium and Andrewsarchus? The Arsinotherium is the only one of the original Safari prehistoric mammals I don't have yet.

suspsy

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on September 28, 2017, 06:05:17 PM

Speaking of, I wonder when we are going to get the re-release of the Arsinotherium and Andrewsarchus? The Arsinotherium is the only one of the original Safari prehistoric mammals I don't have yet.

I can do without those two, but I would like to see the baby Smilodon rereleased.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gwangi

The Arsinotherium is really fantastic and should get a re-release. I have one already but would like to see it available to the masses again.

Daspletotyrannus

Quote from: Gwangi on September 28, 2017, 08:53:20 PM
The Arsinotherium is really fantastic and should get a re-release. I have one already but would like to see it available to the masses again.

I have them all but the Mastodon. I'm waiting for the rest of the 2018 to be available before I  get it. I do agree I think they should bring back all the retired prehistoric mammals.  The Smilodon cub is so cute. But I feel they will give Arsinoitherium a new paint job with less paint like the Amebelodon. You never know they might be re-release this year.  I don't remember Safari saying how many prehistoric/dinosaurs  figures are being released in 2018.

Shonisaurus

Hopefully at least it's like the previous year and if for me it was that they doubled. That is also addressed to Papo, Collecta and other companies that perform dinosaurs and prehistoric toy animals.

The bad thing that we would be ruined or we could not buy many figures. But honestly regardless of the re-ediction of dinosaurs and classic prehistoric animals I prefer to make new species in large size, as is doing Safari this year. For my part I am very happy with the American mammoth (mastodon) and with the daeodon (whose figure I take it for granted). On the other hand the re-edition of the ankylosaurus is fabulous, I do not know if this figure is made Doug Watson or not.

I hope that in November-late December both Collecta and Papo will delight us with new and beautiful figures and the same I say with companies like Schleich.

On the other hand I do not lose hope with Bullyland its archeopteryx is good and I have it on its shelves. But what I would ask of prehistoric animal companies in general not to make so many figures with so many articulated members, from my point of view it is unsightly, apart from the problems it brings when the pieces are not dismantled.

For that we have fabulous companies like Playmobil, Jurassic Park and why not in a measure also exceptional and good Rebor.

In short there are dinosaurs for all tastes so much for those who like animals with articulated members as those we do not like or rather we like less.

In the variety is the genius according to the philosophy of each company.

Reptilia

To anyone's following Safari on their official channels: did they say how the reveal of the 2018 collection's going to work, or it's going to be simply random?

John

Quote from: Reptilia on September 28, 2017, 09:35:20 PM
To anyone's following Safari on their official channels: did they say how the reveal of the 2018 collection's going to work, or it's going to be simply random?
They give no specifics.They just say to look out for more reveals of new items over the coming weeks.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Reptilia

Ok, it'll take a month or so to know the identity of the ceratopsian and the sauropods they teased. It's a bummer.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Reptilia on September 28, 2017, 09:35:20 PM

They made avaialable to buy on their website some figures: Mastodon, Florida panther, whales toob, gnomes toob, a dragon, the harpy, Bernie, and others, so far the have shown individually on facebook figures from said bunch, so that makes me think they will put a new bunch of figures on their store and show individual pics of some of those figures on facebook. So it may bee a weekly thing like CollectA last year, just starting the week instead of weekends, but we'll have to wait until next week to be sure.

John

Quote from: Reptilia on September 28, 2017, 10:19:05 PM
Ok, it'll take a month or so to know the identity of the ceratopsian and the sauropods they teased. It's a bummer.
Who knows,maybe we'll get lucky and the teased sauropods or ceratopsian will be in the next reveal.

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on September 28, 2017, 10:24:03 PM
...it may be a weekly thing like CollectA last year, just starting the week instead of weekends, but we'll have to wait until next week to be sure.
That's what it looks like to me too.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: John on September 28, 2017, 11:57:04 PM
Who knows,maybe we'll get lucky and the teased sauropods or ceratopsian will be in the next reveal.

...it may be a weekly thing like CollectA last year, just starting the week instead of weekends, but we'll have to wait until next week to be sure.

For me it is a task. He preferred the time when Safari revealed all his figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals at one time. I have to admit that I am very impatient this waiting to know that new dinosaurs will come across Safari 2018 kills me sincerely.  :-[

John

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 29, 2017, 03:40:57 PM
Quote from: John on September 28, 2017, 11:57:04 PM

For me it is a task. He preferred the time when Safari revealed all his figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals at one time. I have to admit that I am very impatient this waiting to know that new dinosaurs will come across Safari 2018 kills me sincerely.  :-[
I know what you mean.I want to know what's coming too.... :-X
In a way,this reminds me of how it was in the 90's when I would find out about new additions to lines like the Invicta British Museum or Carnegie Collection by seeing them in museum shops like the one in the Smithsonian's natural history museum in D.C.  :)

X

We haven't gotten any new previews in a while. Is this it?

SpartanSquat

I think is going to be reveals by week

tanystropheus

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on September 28, 2017, 06:05:17 PM

same here. I am missing the Arsinoitherium. It needs a re-release.

I also like CollectA's interpretation.

tanystropheus

Thank you for the information. Will definitely keep my eye on that Steppe Mammoth. I like ALL of the DW prehistoric mammals, except the Andrewsarchus (it looks a bit rigid). Sorry.

Vidusaurus

Quote from: Gwangi on September 28, 2017, 08:53:20 PM

I'd prefer a new sculpt over a rerelease; as fantastic as the original is there are some new hypotheses about potential keratinous coverings for its horns that I feel should be included in any new Safari Arsinotherium.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: