News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd.: New for 2018

Started by Patrx, August 25, 2017, 05:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Of course it's the Daeodon  ::), bet you next reveal for the prehistoric line is going to be the ankylosaurus.
Very nice Daeodon model, looks way more natural compared to Collecta's version, great price too.
Really happy that the Vaquita is getting a decent figure this year, though a prehistoric whale couldn't hurt as well ;)

Jose S.M.

It's a punishment for the leaks! :P :P

Shonisaurus

The daeodon is a fabulous figure, I think it equals or exceeds its Collecta pair (with all due respect to the outstanding company Collecta) gives me the impression that it is a figure made by Doug Watson.  8)

Apart from that the size is quite large with respect to previous prehistoric mammal figures. I would also appreciate a re-issue of arsinoitherium or andrewsarchus in larger versions.

Also my precious basilosaurus Collecta needs a worthy companion and the company that can do that is Safari.

On their website are the latest Safari pass the link,

https://www.safariltd.com/new-dragon-animal-dinosaur-toys/

Faelrin

Of the newest revealed releases I like the Daeodon and Musk Ox the most. The Leviathan is a let down for me, but then again so was the Behemoth from last year. They just seem too different from what I'm used to for these mythical creatures. I'm also disappointed it wasn't a cephalopod after all.

I wouldn't mind if the Ankylosaurus was next since I do want that one. Actually I have to wonder if the things leaked were just finished with production earlier then the rest. I really can't wait to see what the feathered thing and ceratopsian are for this year though. Thankfully I still have some figures to catch up on from previous releases, that hopefully by the time I can get the new stuff it'll all be revealed.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Reptilia

Oh look, the Daeodon's been revealed! It's only a couple of months we already know this, but whatever. Pygmy hippo and porcupine look nice though.

stargatedalek

This seems to be a pretty good year for Good Luck Minis! First a JP styled raptor, and now a tortoise and black widow spider.

I actually rather like the leviathan, has an almost science fantasy vibe rather than the more traditional fantasy style most Safari dragons follow.

Not seeing anything that someone didn't manage to guess at one point or another! (A few we never saw, but none that we got hints for that no one got).

CityRaptor

Still no interest in the mammals.  So Leviathan is Cthulhu? And those fairies look rather creepy.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Reptilia

I'd like to see Rebor's take on lovecraftian creatures, I guess fantasy monsters would fit very well their style. They certainly can do better than Safari or Schleich.

Pachyrhinosaurus

No real surprises, here. The musk ox looks a little awkward due to the pose (I prefer static poses) but I'll be getting it anyways along with the daeodon and mastodon once one or two more figures I like are made available.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

MLMjp

Safari is making this reveals really really annoying. At this rate, I am going to loose all my interest if they do not reveal a dinosaur soon. ::)

Reptilia

I think that by mid-october we'll have the Ankylosaurus "unveiled", all other teased stuff will take up to november if not december, I guess. Good news are that by that time we'll have Collecta and Papo novelties announced.

BlueKrono

Can I just say I'm quite excited for the leopard seal? It's my favorite living mammal. They look almost reptilian.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Takama

Id say, the worst figure out of this new Batch is the Porcupine.

Jose S.M.

The porcupine looks like some cute animal, but not very much like a porcupine hehe, it must be hard to get the spiky look on a small plastic figure. Like a said, looks very cute but not really porcupine to me.

ZoPteryx

Daeodon looking good!

Oh, and the American Mastodon isn't just available online, it's already available in certain shops!  Just picked one up at the MOR's gift shop.  ;)

I'll post some more photos in the Comparison thread.

Jose S.M.

It's really big! I knew it was but it's a bit bigger than I thought.

Silvanusaurus

Off topic somewhat, but as someone with a deep passion for mythology and folk-lore, I'd have loved to see creatures like the Leviathan and Behemoth designed with the same sense of naturalism as their 'real' animal figures, the designs they've used for those two in particular just seem to be generic pulpy sci-fi monsters, in which case, why bother calling them by those names?

Uncle Rex

DeJankins now has the American Mastodon in stock.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Takama on October 06, 2017, 10:39:11 PM
Id say, the worst figure out of this new Batch is the Porcupine.

I like it. It's not bad considering that is a difficult morphology to capture in toy form!

CMIPalaeo

The Daeodon looks great, but as I'm perfectly pleased with the CollectA one, I'll pass on this one. The vaquita is joining the mastodon in my must-gets this year, perhaps with the leopard seal as well. Looks like a good year for fans of extinct mammals and modern sea life!
Once a man is tired of dinosaurs, he is tired of life; for there is in a dinosaur all that life can afford.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: