News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd.: New for 2018

Started by Patrx, August 25, 2017, 05:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daspletodave

I don't think Safari has ever re-released a figure once it has been discontinued. If you missed a figure the first time around, there's always ebay.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Daspletodave on October 01, 2017, 02:47:57 PM
I don't think Safari has ever re-released a figure once it has been discontinued. If you missed a figure the first time around, there's always ebay.

The ground sloth, amebelodon, doedicurus, sable antelope, and aardvark were all re-issued.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Jorgesaurus

I hope soon to announce the 2018 safari dinosaurs and I also hope one of the sauropods will be by our great friend Doug Watson

tanystropheus

How about some retro sauropod love. Sauropods with elephantine trunks...

I am most looking forward to Mamenchisaurus and Camarasaurus. Also, perhaps, Saltasaurus, if it is done well.

Reptilia

Hope the next reveal won't be Daeodon or Ankylosaurus. And I hope it'll be soon, didn't we get the first reveal on monday last week?

Shonisaurus

It is not because I am a fortune teller but I understand that in this year Safari will commercialize perhaps less figures of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals than in the previous year.

It is an assumption, without foundation but in this case I do not think they reveal as in the previous year a whopping thirteen prehistoric creatures.

On the other hand, I look forward to the revelation of the ankylosaurus and the daeodon.  :P

Faelrin

I'm thinking we might be seeing them next week, if not this week. The reason I'm thinking this is because if they're planning to show off one new product each day on their FB page, we might not be seeing anything new until they are done showcasing what's been released so far. As of today there's still the Alien Dragon, Desert Hare, Boxer, the mini Raptors, and the Zombies TOOB left that they might showcase.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Concavenator

Why wouldn't they just reveal the dinosaurs? I don't know what they're doing ,to be honest

Joey

Quote from: Concavenator on October 05, 2017, 06:41:48 AM
Why wouldn't they just reveal the dinosaurs? I don't know what they're doing ,to be honest
Idk, I thought they are going to reveal them this week but I guess not  :( :'(

Loon

They might reveal something new Sunday; they still have to individually announce the Boxer, Alien Dragon, and the Gnomes.

Vidusaurus

So far we know about:
Mastodon
Daeodon
Ankylosaurus
Hyaenodon?
Orange Sauropod (likely some kind of titanosaur, possibly Alamosaurus)
Winged Theropod (probably a deinonychosaur but maybe an oviraptorosaur?)
Centrosaurine (most likely Styracosaurus)
Green Sauropod (probably a Camarasaurus but it could be something else)

What else could be coming? I'd say there's still about three or four prehistoric figures left to be announced/teased based on last year's output. The lack of a large theropod so far is conspicuous, so I'd say that the next announcement with regards to prehistorics will be that.

Shonisaurus

I inform you that www.minizoo.com.au already has preorder the Safari news published to date including the American mastodon and Velociraptor (mini figures of luck). I pass the link,

https://www.minizoo.com.au/categories/safari/safari-ltd-2018/   :)

microraptorgui

Did you derive all of this list from Safari's online teasers? I'm super excited!

Quote from: Vidusaurus on October 05, 2017, 12:01:17 PM
So far we know about:
Mastodon
Daeodon
Ankylosaurus
Hyaenodon?
Orange Sauropod (likely some kind of titanosaur, possibly Alamosaurus)
Winged Theropod (probably a deinonychosaur but maybe an oviraptorosaur?)
Centrosaurine (most likely Styracosaurus)
Green Sauropod (probably a Camarasaurus but it could be something else)

What else could be coming? I'd say there's still about three or four prehistoric figures left to be announced/teased based on last year's output. The lack of a large theropod so far is conspicuous, so I'd say that the next announcement with regards to prehistorics will be that.
I sell original dinosaur art on canvas, shirts, dresses, stickers, phone covers, and a whole bunch of other stuff!
Check it out at www.redbubble.com/people/microraptorgui/shop!

Reptilia

Safari's doing things slower and even more annoyingly than last year.

X

Quote from: Reptilia on October 05, 2017, 10:28:20 PM

And it's insanely irritating.

I really hope there's more to it than this, to be honest.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I think it was worse last year since they spent a while just revealing dragons before showing their prehistoric lineup. It's a little better this time since we're getting a taste of all their lines. Either way, Safari knows how to keep our attention.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Concavenator

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on October 06, 2017, 02:39:39 AM

I think it was worse last year since they spent a while just revealing dragons before showing their prehistoric lineup. It's a little better this time since we're getting a taste of all their lines. Either way, Safari knows how to keep our attention.
I don't think they do,I find what they are doing really silly.And stupid too,because if they plan to individually present every model,if the  number of releases hasn't changed,until when we expect the revealing finishes?In December? If they do like every other year,they will jave to reveal them all at some point,or reveal them in larger groups.
I found the times when all the mew models were revealed at once a lot more exciting.For example,2013,2014,2015...
Much better than this child's play.

Neosodon

I don't mind seeing 1 figure at a time but why wait till all the figures from unrelated categories are shown. Let's just bring on the dinosaurs already.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Vidusaurus

Quote from: microraptorgui on October 05, 2017, 05:15:04 PM
Did you derive all of this list from Safari's online teasers? I'm super excited!

Yah I basically just compiled all the speculation upthread into one post.

Jose S.M.

There's a new photo on Safari's Facebook that features new figures, including the Daeodon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: