You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New 1:35 Giganotosaurus PVC figure from China

Started by Simon, September 17, 2017, 12:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khanosaurus

Quote from: Simon on October 09, 2017, 04:23:37 PM
Quote from: Khanosaurus on October 09, 2017, 07:46:05 AM
Now all Papo has to do is use this as their base model for their Giganotosaurus and I will be happy. That being said, if we get a Giganotosaurus next year.

Why would you buy a Papo knock-off that's likely to be "monstrously" inaccurate when you can get this one for just a little more than Papo would charge? This figure is pretty affordable as far as high-accuracy figures go ...

Maybe because I am not a model collector. As well as a papo figures being more affordable We all know Papo bases their figures off of existing models. So why wouldn't I want Papo to base their Giganotosaurus model off this one. Also I am not a fan of the paint job on this model. I think Papo would have a more realistic representation of the dinosaurs skin tone. It's to vibrant and makes it look unrealistic.  So yeah I would absolutely love for Papo to base their figure off this model. Also my collection only consists of papo figures atm. So I am a little sceptical on jumping on other brands. I am also a novice in collecting. So don't be to harsh on me. Eventually I see my self collecting everything from rebor to sideshow models. But for right now all my budget allows me to endulge in is PAPO

Khanosaurus

Quote from: Khanosaurus on October 18, 2017, 04:34:57 PM
Quote from: Simon on October 09, 2017, 04:23:37 PM
Quote from: Khanosaurus on October 09, 2017, 07:46:05 AM
Now all Papo has to do is use this as their base model for their Giganotosaurus and I will be happy. That being said, if we get a Giganotosaurus next year.

Why would you buy a Papo knock-off that's likely to be "monstrously" inaccurate when you can get this one for just a little more than Papo would charge? This figure is pretty affordable as far as high-accuracy figures go ...

Maybe because I am not a model collector. As well as a papo figures being more affordable We all know Papo bases their figures off of existing models. So why wouldn't I want Papo to base their Giganotosaurus model off this one. Also I am not a fan of the paint job on this model. I think Papo would have a more realistic representation of the dinosaurs skin tone. It's to vibrant and makes it look unrealistic.  So yeah I would absolutely love for Papo to base their figure off this model. Also my collection only consists of papo figures atm. So I am a little sceptical on jumping on other brands. I am also a novice in collecting. So don't be to harsh on me. Eventually I see my self collecting everything from rebor to sideshow models. But for right now all my budget allows me to endulge in is PAPO

Regardless of your opinion, there needs to be more Giganotosaurus merchandise period. Such an underrated dinosaur and always overlooked. I'm not sure why there isn't   more emphasis is on the big 3. Spino, Rex, And Giga

Simon

Good points, Khanosaurus.  Papo does provide a very detailed sculpt of their figures, I just wish they were a bit more concerned with anatomical accuracy, but overall, they are very nice display pieces, as well as toys....

Carnosaur

Looks like they have added a limited edition paint variant.
https://www.facebook.com/VITAE-173557513192438/

Limited special version:
399 CNY (around 60USD) for a set.

Special version has more exquisite packaging box, designer signature card and more varied in the painting and the platform.
It is global limited edition of 200 sets.

Reptilia

I think I would have liked it more without the spikes on the back, they look off somehow. Maybe they've made them just too short.

Minmiminime

Oooh...I covet this so much I'm almost tempted to join just FB to get it! The original version and the Majungasaurus nearly tipped me over the edge, but this...it's love at first sight
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

KeU

Quote from: Minmiminime on October 30, 2017, 06:43:15 PM
Oooh...I covet this so much I'm almost tempted to join just FB to get it! The original version and the Majungasaurus nearly tipped me over the edge, but this...it's love at first sight

I don't think you need to join FB.
You can just order from their webpage.
http://www.monsterhousehk.com/class.asp?lx=news
But you will need paypal though.

Reptilia

The Kaiyodo Saichania is so nice, but for 75 bucks...

Minmiminime

Quote from: KeU on October 30, 2017, 10:13:59 PM

D'OH!!! I wish I'd checked back here earlier...too late, I already joined the Dark Side, much to the apparent joy of my friends and my mum ;) So I suppose in a way, my desire for gorgeous toy dinosaurs has, ironically, "improved" my social life! Thank you so much, KeU  ^-^ I do indeed have PayPal. Guess what happens next...
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Halichoeres

More bases should have plants. Seems like most of the high-end PVC figures are just walking around on mud, which is a little boring.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

KeU

Quote from: Minmiminime on October 30, 2017, 11:04:49 PM
Quote from: KeU on October 30, 2017, 10:13:59 PM
D'OH!!! I wish I'd checked back here earlier...too late, I already joined the Dark Side, much to the apparent joy of my friends and my mum ;) So I suppose in a way, my desire for gorgeous toy dinosaurs has, ironically, "improved" my social life! Thank you so much, KeU  ^-^ I do indeed have PayPal. Guess what happens next...

Anytime bud.
Welcome to the 'waiting impatiently for the figure to ship' group.

Simon

I haven't seen any place yet where one can order the "special edition" version of this figure, though ...

Minmiminime

I may be wrong, but as far as I can tell, there's no option to preorder yet. I was quite confused talking to them on FB, but they said I could buy it from them, and that I could follow their FB page for updates ^-^ As soon as I know anything, I'll post the news!

Simon

Quote from: Minmiminime on October 31, 2017, 08:36:06 PM
I may be wrong, but as far as I can tell, there's no option to preorder yet. I was quite confused talking to them on FB, but they said I could buy it from them, and that I could follow their FB page for updates ^-^ As soon as I know anything, I'll post the news!

I already pre-ordered the figure from Monster House HK;  I inquired today via FB whether they would have the new "limited edition" figure that Vitae shows on their FB page.  The answer from Monster House HK was "NO", because the limited edition figure was not available to them wholesale.

Thanks for confirming that Vitae intends to offer the "limited edition" directly... (as for me, I'll probably just touch up the "regular" model when I get it to make it a little more colorful...)

Stay tuned, and whoever sees the latest news feel free to update the thread ...  ;)

Minmiminime

Ah, I see! Thank you Simon, that'll save me checking Monster House every half hour ^-^

Dobber

I'm a little confused by the product listing. It says In Stock and also pre-order. Has the Giganotosaurus been released? I'm very tempted to get this one...though I really like the limited edition too. I guess that will not be available to us. Is Monster House HK a reliable site?

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

danmalcolm

Me too. I really want this Giga but I don't usually preorder things. Has anyone received theirs yet?

Simon

Quote from: danmalcolm on November 20, 2017, 11:14:41 PM
Me too. I really want this Giga but I don't usually preorder things. Has anyone received theirs yet?

Not yet.  I believe Monsterhouse HK told me it should be shipping near the end of November.  I might send them a PM.

ceratopsian

Monsterhouse has posted on Facebook that there is a slight delay, shipping now expected early December.  Several pictures of the models in progress.

Shonisaurus

The Giganotosaurus Vitae is perhaps the best toy dinosaur figure next to the Giganotosaurus Safari.  8)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: