You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New 1:35 Giganotosaurus PVC figure from China

Started by Simon, September 17, 2017, 12:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syndicate Bias

The model kits are nice too. I kinda wish there were more companies that would do a carcharodontosaurus and a giganotosaurus

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Simon

Monster House HK just posted a couple of photos on their Facebook page of dozens of Vitae Giganotosaur figures in bins at the factory, ready for boxing.  They have moved the shipping date out to early December.  Just a little while longer!!!  ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

Syndicate Bias

KeU

Quote from: SyndicateBias on November 24, 2017, 09:37:55 PM
Do a video on it Please!
Not sure if Monster House HK looks at our comments here.

A video was posted by Mr Cheung, the sculptor.
https://www.facebook.com/chungtat.cheung/videos/vb.100000847159220/1498254643546093/?type=3
Mainly on production quality issues.

Here are the photos Simon mentioned that was posted on FB.
Not my photos.

Minmiminime

Oh they look beautiful 😻 Thank you, KeU. I joined FB just so that I could get the limited edition, but I couldn't find these pics either on VITAE's page, or Monster House HK's, so it's good to see them! I don't think I've got the hang of FB yet ::)
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

BrontoScorpio

Well,
I don't know Chinese - but the way those legs are so easily bent is NOT very reassuring ...
I think I already have enough in the "not being able to stand on their own theropods" department ...

Irritation

Yeah, I don't think I'll buy this at full price if it's $55 or over. Maybe if it's $20-$30 somewhere else, then maybe.

Joey

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on November 25, 2017, 11:36:12 PM
Well,
I don't know Chinese - but the way those legs are so easily bent is NOT very reassuring ...
I think I already have enough in the "not being able to stand on their own theropods" department ...
Yeah, I agree, not a lot of them seem to be standing in the photos.

Takama

There made of TPR What did you all Expect? ::)

ITs not a material thats good for Dinosaurs

RobinGoodfellow

Sorry, but I noticed that a very bad habit is spreading around the DTF: to start criticizing a product before it's released, even before a single person has ever seen one in real life, often through bad pictures taken by non-professional guys (..and in this toy world even the official stock photos are quite bad most of the times..).
I'm not talking about this Giga in particular: I'm talking in a more generic way.
Personally I really dislike that behavior.
About this Giga in particular, I don't know if it will stand up properly or not: simply it's too soon to talk about because not even one model has been saw or even sold to a real person.
If this figure will have problems of any sort, we will discuss and criticize it with the figure in our hands.
At the same time, I'm not reading anymore a lot of posts made by guys judging the scientific accuracy of a ten dollars toy as if it's a 200 or more USD resin statue (most of the time written to freely let us know about the author's high knowledge in paleontology). 

Sorry for my vent..
(I'm only a collector)

p.s  On TOP of DTF webpage: " We are a friendly and open community dedicated to the discussion of prehistoric animal collectibles". Are we sure ?

Shonisaurus

When will Vitae's giganotosaurus be available? I like his figure very much regardless of whether he stands up or not. Nor is the last model of Battan tyrannosaurus still standing and I have it on the shelves.

What I do not like as always in the theropod figures are their articulated jaws and what for me is worse articulated and removable arms. I'm not a fan of that kind of thing, but that will not stop if the dinosaur is well made to buy the figure.

BrontoScorpio

Well,
I'm sorry Robin is taking issue with us discussing what ever topic we like -
don't remember asking his permission for that ! ...
and, anyway, it is completely valid issue to discuss a figure BEFORE you have it on hand -
since you might want contemplating whether you wish to spend so much money and buy the d. thing at all.

Based on the experience here -
we better as well wait for Robin to put his money where his mouth is -
and buy one, so he could tell us all about it "with the figure in HIS hands" ... ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

And another note in context :
based on experience - the balance issues starts few weeks AFTER you buy it -
you don't notice it at once when "the figure in hand" -
so, it's better to anticipate such problems, based on experience -
and this is exactly what we did here -
before we were reprimanded so vigurously ...

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on November 26, 2017, 03:19:01 PM
1)
I'm sorry Robin is taking issue with us discussing what ever topic we like -
don't remember asking his permission for that ! ...
and, anyway, it is completely valid issue to discuss a figure BEFORE you have it on hand -
since you might want contemplating whether you wish to spend so much money and buy the d. thing at all.

2)
before we were reprimanded so vigurously ...

1) I didn't say such a thing.. and your words seem to be quite rude to me (and I don't know why you're so hungry.. I'm not): I never asked for any permission, in a friendly forum everyone can politely discuss about whatever while others can freely say that they don't agree.
Usually I can criticize a book after reading it, a movie after seeing it, a song after listening... and a three-dimensional figure when I see it.
About this product we saw: a) some promotional pictures   b) a pre-production short video made by the artist  c) a couple of in-production pictures with low light.
Frankly it seems to me quite a few evidences to judge a product.
Maybe it will have stability issue (and some guys will be right) or maybe not, I don't know.
But that's not the point.
I was talking about the habit of some of us (not ALL) to criticize quite hard every new product from a new artist without a real reason, even BEFORE a production sample is made: it seems quite harsh to my eyes (especially for a " friendly " community).
EVERY PVC and VINYL figure could have stability issue in time; I have Papo, Collecta, Rebor, Safari and X-Plus figures with such problems.. it's normal..
Every collector knows that.
I usually tend to give a chance to a new company before criticizing... that's how I'm done..
And I really appreciate serious criticisms if they have a solid base.
That's all.
I hope you could respect my point of view.

2) I don't think that " you were reprimanded so vigorously" by my words; if so, please excuse me, it wasn't my intention to do that.
But frankly it doesn't seem to me..

Best Regards
:)

Syndicate Bias

Well he does have a point with the cheap dinosaurs and expecting accuracy. I mean its not hard to do but you can't expect to have a 100% accurate dinosaur for $30 or so, hell even the model kits have some innacurate as well. I do agree this is a forum though and all opinions should be respected although and that means not directly or indirectly bashing others after all we are the consumers and the right to complain and expect a product to be better is kinda what's supposed to be. The giga with said plastic is kinda worrying. I know what you mean so I hope someone does review a week or two after they have it to see if still stands. Then again I have dinosaurs I had to modify to stand properly

Syndicate Bias

Someone tell Vitae to make a Carcharodontosaurus we need more giganotosaurus and carcharodontosaurus figures from companies like vitae and papo and rebor although rebor might make the scales super chunky.

Simon

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 26, 2017, 01:01:59 PM
When will Vitae's giganotosaurus be available? I like his figure very much regardless of whether he stands up or not. Nor is the last model of Battan tyrannosaurus still standing and I have it on the shelves.

What I do not like as always in the theropod figures are their articulated jaws and what for me is worse articulated and removable arms. I'm not a fan of that kind of thing, but that will not stop if the dinosaur is well made to buy the figure.

Monster House HK has been taking preorders for over a month now, and expects to ship them in early December.  The price they charged ($55USD) had me rubbing my eyes for being so cheap (considering the quality of the sculpt, and the fact that its got to be shipped across the Pacific).

Now, I've addressed the "stability" issue before, but it keeps coming up, so I'll repeat myself:

Folks, if you want a theropod figure that will stand on its own two legs unaided, well, resin sculptures (which, in addition to being expensive, are also breakable) are your only option.

ANY figure made of softer plastic will warp and sag if two narrow legs have to support the weight of a large body above it.  The PNSO TRex had the same problem.  The solution is very simple:

You buy a thin clear plastic rod, trim it to the right size, and gently prop up the figure with it.  Problem solved.  ^-^

Patrx

Bit late chiming into this, but it seems to me that "accuracy" shouldn't really play into the price of a figure much. Material, detail level, sure, but there are definitely resin kits out there that are less accurate than a much cheaper PVC alternative from Safari or even CollectA.
More on-topic, I don't mind this piece, but would, for various reasons, prefer an reconstruction with lips and maybe a static jaw.

Syndicate Bias

I finally got ahold of the vitae guy for the limited edition, he said 63 dollars and didn't say shipping costs yet so if anyone had ordered from vitae please let me know what are the costs. I don't like MHK charging 70 on eBay for the normal giga plus 50 shipping when it used to be 60 and 40, and before that it was 80 in total. Now its 120 dollars I'm sorry for but that's just wrong. The sculptor himself sells the giga for 44 and shipping will be cheaper so for those of you wanting to.order do it thru vitae because mhk is literally charging more than vitae literally the standard edition costs you more thru mhl than a limited from vitae

Syndicate Bias

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: