You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New 1:35 Giganotosaurus PVC figure from China

Started by Simon, September 17, 2017, 12:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

Quote from: SyndicateBias on November 28, 2017, 01:01:33 AM
I finally got ahold of the vitae guy for the limited edition, he said 63 dollars and didn't say shipping costs yet so if anyone had ordered from vitae please let me know what are the costs. I don't like MHK charging 70 on eBay for the normal giga plus 50 shipping when it used to be 60 and 40, and before that it was 80 in total. Now its 120 dollars I'm sorry for but that's just wrong. The sculptor himself sells the giga for 44 and shipping will be cheaper so for those of you wanting to.order do it thru vitae because mhk is literally charging more than vitae literally the standard edition costs you more thru mhl than a limited from vitae

I knew that pre-order price seemed unusually low for them.  After reading your comment I realized that they will most likely bill me for shipping before they mail it.  Oh well.

Syndicate Bias

Yea basically, but Vitae is charging less. Since it comes directly from the company itself. Monster House HK is charging now even more for the Standard edition giganotosaurus at $110 dollars or $120 on EBay which used to be $110 and they told me its higher because of listing fee on.EBay and because they get I from Vitae which imo is kinda a ripoff more than anything. Charging $50 or $55 now.for.shipping alone.and $70 for the normal giga sucks. Vitae is selling theirs for 44 and even if shipping was absurdly like 50 it would still.be cheaper. Even the limited would.be cheaper to.but from vitae if shipping was also 50 if you.catch my drift. Just wanted.to let everyone know

Syndicate Bias

KeU

So how do you order direct from Vitae?
Do they have a website or something?

Shonisaurus

The prices of Vitae giganotosaurus on eBay are prohibitive, I prefer to buy for now Brett the figures that I lack of Favorite dinosaurs next to the coelacanth models soft models.

On eBay many of the figures that sell from Asia are very expensive, it is throwing money. If Acro-man someday has it, maybe he can buy that figure. But for now I'm thinking of saving money and waiting.

The truth is that the giganotosaurus Vitae I like a lot, is super cool and very well finished. The only defect that I observed is that it has sustainability problems, due to what was observed in the video. But one thing is the photographs and videos and another to see them in person.

Syndicate Bias

Well the thing is you need to make a FB account and download the messenger app from the app store, I can give you Vitaes fb page once you do that, message the company and wait until they reply back to you. They take normally around a day or two to respond so make.sure you give them your email so they can send you the details and invoice. They only do PayPal so that's two things. I know people don't like to have a fb and believe me I know but if it comes down to paying $30-$40 extra dollars more for a figure because I didn't wanna take a couple of minutes to make a discardable email and Facebook account I'd be feeling like I spent more than I should've for something that could've been done in a jiff, just make one of you don't have one, better than MHHk

KeU

Quote from: SyndicateBias on November 28, 2017, 04:04:50 PM
Well the thing is you need to make a FB account and download the messenger app from the app store, I can give you Vitaes fb page once you do that, message the company and wait until they reply back to you. They take normally around a day or two to respond so make.sure you give them your email so they can send you the details and invoice. They only do PayPal so that's two things. I know people don't like to have a fb and believe me I know but if it comes down to paying $30-$40 extra dollars more for a figure because I didn't wanna take a couple of minutes to make a discardable email and Facebook account I'd be feeling like I spent more than I should've for something that could've been done in a jiff, just make one of you don't have one, better than MHHk

Ah. Did not know they accept orders through their FB page.
Thanks.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: SyndicateBias on November 28, 2017, 04:04:50 PM

By the way, do you only accept orders through your facebook page? Do not have an internal email to contact them directly?

Anyway, thanks for the information, I'll take it into account if I buy the giganotosaurus Vitate. It is a figure that "rocks" me a lot.  :)

Syndicate Bias

I don't think so but please do. You'll be spending more thru MHHK than the actual company Vitae

Minmiminime

Ah, I just watched the video...I don't know Chinese at all, but I get the impression he's not particularly happy about the production quality? I may be completely wrong, but I've been messaging them regularly, and in one message the contact stated that the release of the product had been delayed due to production quality issues, which would seem to bear that up. It doesn't put me off, it's a beautiful and highly desirable model, and clear acetate rods are an acceptable solution to me ;) Some of my figures are propped up on shaped wire armatures, too!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

empire3569

I have to say, as much as I want to like this model, I just can't. I've spent a long time studying the pictures and the QC video from the artist, and here are my reasons:

1. The material. I like my models to be solid PVC, not this flexible TPR material. I've felt it in hand, just doesn't seem right. And I wouldn't mind placing a plastic rod under it (I have to do that for some of my figures now)

2. The pose. It just seems very static and not natural, I can't seem to place my finger on it. I think its a combination of the awkward left head turn and right head tilt, as well as the fact that the spine isn't horizontal but seems to be rearing back. The Safari Ltd 1:35 Giga is an example of a much more natural pose

3. The paint. Also seems sub-par; I know it's mass produced, and very reasonably priced, so I wouldn't expect it to be professional quality, but it still leaves a lot to be desired. I feel like the painting on most Papo and Rebor models are both much better than this figure, and priced similarly (Rebor) or cheaper (Papo). I don't think the limited edition version is all that much better either. The Safari Ltd Giga fails in this department as well

I am eager to see in-hand pics of the model, but I doubt it will change my opinion. My only hope is that PNSO somehow survives and produces their Giganotosaurus and other models, as they look fantastic

Syndicate Bias

paint job is never an issue. i can always repaint it although i might get the limited idk yet. has anyone found out shipping costs from Vitae not MHHK

acro-man

The first customer's review for the standard version just came out
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5464115370

He's been told the special version will come out next year.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

KeU

Looks pretty good.
Seems to be standing nicely.
Paint's OK.
Something a little off with the eyes.

Shonisaurus

It is immense! it is larger than Papo's tyrannosaurus rex and very long. It seems a great figure.  :o

Simon

Just got an email notice that MHK SHIPPED my Vitae Giganotosaurus ($85 total cost - $55 preorder + $30 shipping - not bad!)

Will post photos as soon as it gets to California!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

KeU

Lanthanotus

Why is that 50 bucks shipping for me? I did not even state yet that I am in Europe.... :/

KeU

MHHK has been steadily increasing the shipping cost.
It started as $30, went to $40.
Now it's $50.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: