News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Vitae dinosaurs

Started by Mauro "Raptor86", October 29, 2017, 09:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syndicate Bias

Yea i agree these are a bit sloppier than the Giganotosaurus we were presented to last year. I mean that's fine but i can't deny that their quality seems to have dropped from the Giganotosaurus especially after i saw the museum version of the high quality version of the Chilantaisaurus sculpture that somehow Vitae made it their own. I will have to dig thru my gallery to find them but it looks in extremely better quality than the PVC vitae copy

Halichoeres

I just had a brief email exchange with MonsterHouse that leaves me more convinced than ever that they are being very dishonest with their shipping practices. Shipping for a 1 kg parcel from Hong Kong to the United States costs as little as $10 with the service that MonsterHouse uses (HongKong Post E-express). They wanted to charge me $56 (just in shipping costs, for only 4 figures), and when I contacted them directly, they offered to ship them for $40. This is still at least 3, and probably 4, times as much as it costs them. I refuse to purchase from them, and given that MiniZoo will be stocking these soon, I am happy to wait. Just wanted to relate this in case anybody else is considering giving in to MH's extortion.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Digibasherx

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 01, 2018, 03:49:45 PM
That is good news. Monster House's base prices seem reasonable, but their shipping ($15 for first item, $10 for each additional) is definitely dishonest. There's no way they're paying that much for shipping, so they're just hiding their profits in shipping costs. MiniZoo doesn't pull that kind of nonsense.

That's some serious combined shipping costs.  You'd think they're using Ebay's global shipping program or something :P.

ceratopsian

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres:  when I messaged Minizoo re the new Vitae Dinosaurs a few days ago, they answered that they would not be stocking them.

Halichoeres

Quote from: ceratopsian on July 25, 2018, 05:31:44 PM
avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres:  when I messaged Minizoo re the new Vitae Dinosaurs a few days ago, they answered that they would not be stocking them.

That's good to know! I messaged them a couple of weeks ago and they only said that they didn't know when they would be stocking them. I guess plans fell through.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Syndicate Bias

Honestly you guys are better messaging Vitae themselves they charge less than MH. That's how i got my Giganotosaurus for 93 dollars when it could've been 120 from MH

Syndicate Bias

I understand some of you don't have a fb but making a quick account under a different name is always an option

Shonisaurus

I regret that the minizoo does not market the dinosaurs of Vitae considering that their prices are more affordable than those of Monsterhouse.

It is a shame as what happened with the German distributor shop.modellpferdeversand.de They are very well finished dinosaurs and it would be interesting if an American or European online store had them available in their store.

Syndicate Bias

I will be the saviour of this forum. I will start an online retail company in America and sell Vitae for low shipping prices all over the globe!

I need to get some funds first though muahaha

PhilSauria

Some of the newer Vitaes are available through Ali Express, though the Giganotosaurus is still out of my price range unfortunately. The newest three seem more accessible however.

tanystropheus

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO  >:(

Simon

Quote from: PhilSauria on July 25, 2018, 10:53:59 PM
Some of the newer Vitaes are available through Ali Express, though the Giganotosaurus is still out of my price range unfortunately. The newest three seem more accessible however.

Thanks - I took your advice - it took a bit of searching on Ali Express to find them. (I never saw so many knock-offs of every brand name manufacturer in my life!  :()

Anyhow, I DID eventually find the REAL Vitae critters.  Shipping using the Ali Express Standard option was "dirt cheap" - although it will take up to a month and a half to get here ... I'm willing to give it a try ... never bought from them before ...  ;)

PhilSauria

Glad to be of assistance. This place really is the home of the Chinasaur / bootleg / knockoff! There are genuine brands in there but they tend to get lost in the crowd (herd?) so persistence is required and can be rewarded. A lot of the listings have free shipping to Australia,clearly can't say if that is the same worldwide. I have dealt with them for several years and by and large without issue. As they are an amalgam of various traders results vary but they have been pretty good about refunds etc in the odd instance of issues with orders. I have been hoping that some of the new Recur line might turn up there but is only the first wave hanging on.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Ivysaur on July 25, 2018, 09:50:15 PM
Quote from: Syndicate Bias on July 25, 2018, 09:19:24 PM
I will be the saviour of this forum. I will start an online retail company in America and sell Vitae for low shipping prices all over the globe!

I need to get some funds first though muahaha

Ask your father for a donation. Do a Donald Trump.

If i did a Donald Trump I would've honestly commissioned every great artist a Carcharodontosaurus and Giganotosaurus and Mapusaurus. Maybe a Tyrannotitan and Saurophaganax although those two are pretty controversial still. Nonetheless we wouldnt have a single drop of wishful thinking from these dinosaurs in the market. I would've paid Papo to make them if possible tbh i wish

ITdactyl

Thanks for the Ali Express lead avatar_PhilSauria @PhilSauria .  I have it bookmarked - still hesitant to pull the trigger due to a couple of purchases from that site that never arrived.

It's a bit frustrating; my country's a neighbor of China, we have a glut of KO chinasaurs in our market - and yet finding and buying the legit Chinese dinosaurs is very difficult.  Crazy economics.

Shonisaurus

Although it is expensive Monsterhouse with that company I have never had problems so I do not mind buying them.

Minmiminime

Quote from: tanystropheus on July 25, 2018, 11:33:00 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO  >:(

Aw, no :'( I had my hopes pinned on them! I even checked the website today. Very disappointing!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

By the way, changing the subject, unfortunately Vitae wuerhosaurus is lagging behind in its marketing, for me it is frustrating since it is a stegosaurid dinosaur species that I would like to have on my shelves, since the PNSO is quite small and that of Collecta belongs to the obscure epoch of Collecta.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 27, 2018, 09:55:05 PM
By the way, changing the subject, unfortunately Vitae wuerhosaurus is lagging behind in its marketing, for me it is frustrating since it is a stegosaurid dinosaur species that I would like to have on my shelves, since the PNSO is quite small and that of Collecta belongs to the obscure epoch of Collecta.

Vitae Wuerhosaurus is the one that I am looking most forward to.

Shonisaurus

I bring good news for what it seems will soon be available the wuerhosaurus of Vitae, I bring you the link:

https://www.facebook.com/173557513192438/photos/a.291170414764480.1073741834.173557513192438/291170471431141/?type=3&theater

The promotional images seem to do justice to the figure can be seen on the Facebook page of Vitae.

I am going to rectify it and it is available in monsterhouse and I just made the purchase of the product.  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: