News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Vitae dinosaurs

Started by Mauro "Raptor86", October 29, 2017, 09:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITdactyl

Zhejiangopterus... finally. :D

I'm also glad they're adding a bit of color on the other models.

Shonisaurus

For me the wuerhosaurus of Vitae is my favorite figure is the thyreoforo that I like the most by far.

Halichoeres

Quote from: ITdactyl on June 16, 2018, 06:51:28 AM
Zhejiangopterus... finally. :D

That's the one I'm most excited about too. Good pterosaurs are few and far between.

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on June 15, 2018, 06:58:32 PM
I like the look of Chilantaisaurus, the blue is kind of bright but I still like it, blue is my favorite color so I wish it was more used on figures but it's kind of hard making it realistic. And the Wuerhosaurus looks nice as well bui though it was known that the plates are not shaped like that,  or am I wrong?

I think you're right; the preserved shape of the plates is thought to be the result of wear. So nobody knows their actual shape.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Brolyss4

Regarding the Werhosaurus, this is the first representation I have seen of it with those spikes on the shoulder, the 2 skeletons found so far do not have this spikes, and the paleo drawings I have seen don't show it either. Artistic liberty?

ITdactyl

Quote from: Brolyss4 on June 17, 2018, 07:26:54 AM
Regarding the Werhosaurus, this is the first representation I have seen of it with those spikes on the shoulder, the 2 skeletons found so far do not have this spikes, and the paleo drawings I have seen don't show it either. Artistic liberty?

Only one spike has been found with the rest of the fossil material for Wuerhosaurus.  Since the tail was missing, they made the assumption that it was a shoulder spike.

What surprises me about this figure is that Vitae opted to add the big shoulder spikes but still went for the [very] conservative restoration of the back plates.  'Not complaining though.  I like this figure. 

Shonisaurus

Honestly the latest Vitae news I like more than the sinraptor and even the zhejiangosaurus its colors are more vivid. The wuerhosaurus is for me my favorite stegosaurs since it was very poorly represented in the toy market. Sincerely, this wuerhosaurus of Vitae supplies the artistic deficiencies of Collecta wuerhosaurus.

MLMjp

These new dinosaurs look very nice, although the genus that calls my attention more is the Wuerhosaurus. I wish it had a more original color scheme though, instead of a typical Stegosaurus colors (red/orange plates, green body) or at least use those colors but with a different pattern or shade.

Brolyss4

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 17, 2018, 09:16:58 AM
Honestly the latest Vitae news I like more than the sinraptor and even the zhejiangosaurus its colors are more vivid. The wuerhosaurus is for me my favorite stegosaurs since it was very poorly represented in the toy market. Sincerely, this wuerhosaurus of Vitae supplies the artistic deficiencies of Collecta wuerhosaurus.

Thank you for that info, I Like this figure so much, I'm not complaining, it just called my attention and I had to know what was the deal with those spikes, I'll definitely buy it and repaint it with a different color scheme, less typical.

canadian

I hope ED will instock these figures.  ::)

Syndicate Bias

Ill drop by to ask ED about Vitae. I asked them last year about the Giganotosaurus and they said they knew about it but wanted to catch up with othet projects first

Minmiminime

Looks like release of the Sinraptor and Zhejiangosaurus is July! New catalogue shots, but sadly no information on pricing: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=264178347463687&id=173557513192438

I like these. I like the fact they're bulky and muscular without looking like a body builder! The textures are very deep, but that's an artistic style I can live with
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

ImADinosaurRARR

Some photos for people without FB:

I never noticed the purple on Zhejiangosaurus before.

Syndicate Bias

Saw these earlier today on fb. Hope the chilan comes next

Shonisaurus

In theory these figures are available in July, zheijiangosaurus and sinraptor but Vitae like other toy dinosaur companies I am totally sure that it will delay the commercialization of their products.

We have two examples in Eofauna or Mojo 2018 that unfortunately their figures have not yet been released.

The zhejiangosaurus and the Vitae synraptor are not bad at all. Its conservative colors remind me of the Schleich company of the Humbold Museum in Berlin, in terms of its monotonous painting, which however, in my case, I like it.

The sinraptor is now seen better in those promotional photographs than in the initial photos whose painting was observed a little neglected.

Syndicate Bias

Vitae July Pre Orders due by late July

http://www.monsterhousehk.com/class.asp?lx=news

Announced on MHHK's FB page where they showed the final stock images for Chilantaisaurus and the other dinosaurs that were due for july.

Syndicate Bias

Their prices aren't half bad. Most of them are around 30-40 dollars

Simon

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on June 29, 2018, 05:52:26 AM

No, they're not bad at all.  Their shipping prices however ... are a little pricey ... I already got the latest releases in my cart ... will wait a few days to order ... they are still in the "pre-order" stage ....

Ravonium

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on June 29, 2018, 05:52:26 AM

I agree, especially considering that it's MonsterHouseHK that's selling them, but the shipping prices (as expected when buying from MonsterHouseHK) are a bit over the top (although they aren't the worst I've seen from MonsterHouseHK).

Syndicate Bias

Ah i see what you guys meant. Yea im only getting the Chilantaisaurus which to me wasn't too bad since it's 15 dollars plus 15 shipping which i can see if you buy model at a time it can get pricey but i expected more than 15 since the giganotosaurus was like 30 dollars shipping. Then again it was heavier and bigger. And 15 is usually the normal rate for shipping for me outside of the u.s just not HK which can be more pricey

Shonisaurus

Having bought in monsterhouse I have experience that the prices of dinosaurs are quite expensive. I'm very tempted by Vitae's dinosaurs, but I'd rather wait. It is a pity that no European online store dares to sell such figures.  :(

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: