News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Vitae dinosaurs

Started by Mauro "Raptor86", October 29, 2017, 09:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITdactyl

Shoulder spikes and reduced back plates are the new fashion statement this fall.... ;D :o

MLMjp

Ahh... I DO WANT that Wuerhosaurus, but I don't think I will be able to get it anytime soon.  :(

Shonisaurus

Quote from: MLMjp on July 28, 2018, 07:05:47 PM
Ahh... I DO WANT that Wuerhosaurus, but I don't think I will be able to get it anytime soon.  :(

avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp It is available in the Monsterhouse store on eBay I just made the purchase I pass the link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vitae-Dinosaur-Wuerhosaurus-homheni-PVC-model-figure-figurine-1-35-pre-order/153117554020?hash=item23a6847564%3Ag%3ALIwAAOSwkShbXJDO&_sacat=0&_nkw=wuerhosaurus+ Vitae & _from = R40 & rt = nc & _trksid = m570.l1313

postsaurischian

Argh! Another must-have :) . Click-ordered-money-gone-figure-being-awaited  >>  I have to say it's such a privilege to be able to do that regularly - and only because I was accidentally born where I was born and had all chances a modern society has to offer. Let's not forget about how lucky we are, people ;) !

Shonisaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 28, 2018, 09:01:19 PM
Argh! Another must-have :) . Click-ordered-money-gone-figure-being-awaited  >>  I have to say it's such a privilege to be able to do that regularly - and only because I was accidentally born where I was born and had all chances a modern society has to offer. Let's not forget about how lucky we are, people ;) !

I give you the reason many times we complain about vice of our respective nations, in particular of my country, but we must also recognize that in our nations in a certain way it is a raft of oil compared with other countries that unfortunately do not have these advances and certain way those privileges. You are right.

It does not stop being a gift of Life or Destiny.

ceratopsian

I bit the bullet and ordered the Wuerhosaurus, Zhejiangosaurus and Chilantaisaurus to come in one shipment from Monsterhouse.  I got in touch with them on Facebook and ordered direct from their own website.  I asked politely if they could do me a little discount on the shipping to the UK as I was buying three models and they offered to refund me a few dollars.  (Their site is set up with fixed shipping, hence refund.)  Thanks to everyone who showed photos and drove me to this!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: ceratopsian on July 29, 2018, 07:00:30 PM
I bit the bullet and ordered the Wuerhosaurus, Zhejiangosaurus and Chilantaisaurus to come in one shipment from Monsterhouse.  I got in touch with them on Facebook and ordered direct from their own website.  I asked politely if they could do me a little discount on the shipping to the UK as I was buying three models and they offered to refund me a few dollars.  (Their site is set up with fixed shipping, hence refund.)  Thanks to everyone who showed photos and drove me to this!

Great! I have to admit I'm tempted by these, too.

Minmiminime

I'm really looking forward to seeing pictures of these things in the hand 😊 The photos of production models on FB look great, I just wish they were more easily (and cheaply) available. I keep getting a pop-up advert on this site linking me to these models on eBay, where the Wuerhosaurus is $32.99 but I don't know if that includes shipping, I should imagine it does because that's enough of an ouch as it is
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

canadian

Dose Wuerhosaurus has spikes on its shoulders?  When I search its photos, they show no spike!   :o

DinoToyForum

Quote from: canadian on July 30, 2018, 12:09:15 AM
Dose Wuerhosaurus has spikes on its shoulders?  When I search its photos, they show no spike!   :o

I think the position of a spike found with the type specimen is unknown. Also, the plates in the fossil are actually broken, giving the impression they are square (as misinterpreted in the original description), but they could have been any shape.

Halichoeres

MiniZoo has confirmed (again) that they won't be carrying these. However, another retailer beloved around the forum is working on getting some stock in. In the meantime, I went ahead and ordered a few of them from AliExpress, we'll see how it goes. Thanks for the tip, avatar_PhilSauria @PhilSauria.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

PhilSauria

I'm toying with ordering at least one from AliExpress but I have a number of things that I'd like to spend on at the moment and a number that I have to spend on - the latter category may out rank the former unfortunately - life eh!
If and when I do this would be my first Vitae figure.
Spend time now and then looking at that Vitae Giganotosaurus and coming to the realisation that probably won't end up on my shelves - once again - money!

Shonisaurus

The wuerhosaurus of Vitae is now available in monsterhouse I passed the facebook link,

https://es-es.facebook.com/pages/biz/VITAE-173557513192438/

They just communicated it five hours ago.

Toasaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 02, 2018, 01:55:48 AM
MiniZoo has confirmed (again) that they won't be carrying these. However, another retailer beloved around the forum is working on getting some stock in. In the meantime, I went ahead and ordered a few of them from AliExpress, we'll see how it goes. Thanks for the tip, avatar_PhilSauria @PhilSauria.
wow which retailer is going to have them?

Halichoeres

Quote from: Toasaurus on August 02, 2018, 10:00:19 PM

Until something is definite, I don't want to falsely raise hopes. But for what it's worth, Vitae is very anxious to get distribution in the "West."
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Minmiminime

Potentially very interesting news...clearly, urzeitshop is out, so that doesn't leave many other candidates... ;)

Looking at further pictures of the Wuerhosaurus the detail looks very basic, the plates are very flat and lacking any texture whatsoever, but the skin is still very nicely done with little osteoderms, etc. Their textures seem to be one extreme or another!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Toasaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 03, 2018, 02:59:30 PM
Quote from: Toasaurus on August 02, 2018, 10:00:19 PM

Until something is definite, I don't want to falsely raise hopes. But for what it's worth, Vitae is very anxious to get distribution in the "West."
im thinks everythin dinosaur or dans dinosaurs sorry if im guessing

Syndicate Bias

ED has stated that vitae isn't something they will be distributing anytime soon. At least I know from their Giganotosaurus question I asked them and they said they knew about it but they have other projects they have to get through first

You could email DD they are distributing Vitae as far as I'm concerned

Jose S.M.

Dan's Dinosaurs used to sell the Giga, Sinoceratops and Majungasaurus so it could be. But that just me guessing.

ceratopsian

My package of three - Wuerhosaurus, Zhejiangosaurus and Chilantaisaurus - arrived safe and sound today from monsterhouseHK.  It took about a week.  I like them very much.  The paint schemes are simple but pleasing.  I love the breadth of the Zhejiangosaurus across his haunches - he has a wonderfully low centre of gravity.  The Chilantaisaurus didn't quite stand immediately but a tiny bit of gently bending his softish leg did the trick.  I wonder if he will droop in time?  They're all perhaps a tiny bit smaller than I expected but nice in the hand.  I can't see the name printed on their bellies, only Made in China and Vitae.  I must make sure I don't forget their names!  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: