News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Vitae dinosaurs

Started by Mauro "Raptor86", October 29, 2017, 09:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilSauria

Thanks for posting another awesome image, or more precisely an image of a couple of awesome models! More surface detail on the Vitae and it has the shorter head that seems to be more the consensus as far as reconstructions go - but I like them both. Think I'll just have to start a fund for the Vitae, the PNSO Titan is the most I've paid for any figure but this may top that.

Speaking of shelves, went shopping for furniture with my significant other on New Years Eve and now have a new set of shelves for my collection, so I spent the next two days pulling apart the old ramshackle assembly to replace it with the shiny new ones and put everything back the way that I want it. I've decided that anything new that I buy will go on there and something old will be boxed off so I don't end up with stuff lining the front of bookcases and generally taking over the whole study. In agreement with my wife nothing escapes the study! Hope to post some images of the new setup on my collection page, as soon as I can take some shots that don't look like crime scene photos all harshly lit with flash and full of shadows!

Jetdin

thanks syndicatebias for the photos! you may very well be the first person in the world to have both the eofuana and vitae gigas.
looks like the vitae one still is the biggest '1/35' giga in the market.
is the eofauna giga about the same size as the safari 2017 one?

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Jetdin on January 06, 2019, 06:19:31 AM
thanks syndicatebias for the photos! you may very well be the first person in the world to have both the eofuana and vitae gigas.
looks like the vitae one still is the biggest '1/35' giga in the market.
is the eofauna giga about the same size as the safari 2017 one?

Thanks! It's Essentially the same size and length.

It's my second favourite Giganotosaurus in my collection right after my Shane Foulkes Resin one. I highly recommend it regardless of the skull lenght innacuracy

Halichoeres

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on January 06, 2019, 01:39:07 AM
Quote from: PhilSauria on January 06, 2019, 01:06:47 AM
Seems that we have to wait until early Feb now to get our hands on the Eofauna Giganotosaurus over here. Still think that it will be worth the wait.

I really like the Vitae Gig but only wish that I had the money!! Envious of any who have it.

Great herd that you have there too. Thanks for the image.

That's just a third of it, I need to build an actual shelf made for these dinos. I got the Eofauna Giganotosaurus as a late bday gift today from my significant other. It was numbered as model 03 on it's plastic, if it is what I think it is then that's pretty neat!

It might just be that it's the third EoFauna model (after the mammoth and straight-tusked elephant). I'll be interested to see if others' Gigas are also numbered 03.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

By certain S @Syndicate Bias  I ask you for the giganotosaurus of Eofauna his testura and finished I suspect that they are very good Is not that so? I suppose that its texture is even better than Vitae's giganotosaurus, which is a beautiful sculpture, but in a way the texture of this product was not smooth, it was even rough. That is one of the defects of Vigan's giganotosaurus.

From what I see we will have to wait a long time for the Giganotosaurus of Eofauna to arrive in our homes mid-February. It does not stop being a penalty especially when it is a very expected figure on my part and I assumed that it would be available in January. I made my pre-order in urzeitshop.de and it seems that the delivery of said figure is eternal.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 09, 2019, 04:15:02 PM
By certain S @Syndicate Bias  I ask you for the giganotosaurus of Eofauna his testura and finished I suspect that they are very good Is not that so? I suppose that its texture is even better than Vitae's giganotosaurus, which is a beautiful sculpture, but in a way the texture of this product was not smooth, it was even rough. That is one of the defects of Vigan's giganotosaurus.

From what I see we will have to wait a long time for the Giganotosaurus of Eofauna to arrive in our homes mid-February. It does not stop being a penalty especially when it is a very expected figure on my part and I assumed that it would be available in January. I made my pre-order in urzeitshop.de and it seems that the delivery of said figure is eternal.

Eofauna is smoother than Vitae which is better textured but it's still got details.

Paint job is decent, the mouth is a solid red which is my only issue. Think safari Ltd Giganotosaurus with improved textures, same size too. The figure is heavy and the mouth closes tightly so it won't fall off anytime soon. This giga will do great for repaints avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus

MESOZOIC BEAST

Just received the Vitae Majungasaurus 1/35 scenario figure, this is the way it should be done

mgaguilar

Have not heard any news from Vitae for so long. Missing their work for the 2019 year.

Is there anything I may have missed? Or have they gone out like a candle in the wind?

RobinGoodfellow

Last products from Vitae are fossil plates:

:)

Renecito

Vitae Lufengosaurus 1:20 polyresin

Teratophoneus 1:20 polyresin
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

ceratopsian

I would like the Lufengosaurus better without the prominent bloody gash.  This is an animal that I would like a model of but my first impression is that the Vitae isn't what I am looking for.

Flaffy

Polyresin? What a shame. Would've preferred more figures added to their regular line instead of replica fossil slabs and expensive model kits.
Whatever happened to their previously announced figures like Shunosaurus, Jinyunpelta, Suchomimus, Eotriceratops, Achelousaurus, various marine reptiles etc? 

Syndicate Bias

Yet another dissapointing release from Vitae. They never start to amaze me.

Toasaurus

Nooo the first thing vitae releases in months and its a polyresin figure 

Jose S.M.

Lufengosaurus looks like it's very weakened by that wound

ceratopsian

Quote from: Jose S.M. on May 25, 2019, 02:13:58 AM
Lufengosaurus looks like it's very weakened by that wound

Yes, it really does. 

RobinGoodfellow

Vitae Teratophoneus is great. I will buy immediately.  8)

Shonisaurus

Teratophoneus and lufengosaurus de Vitae are two beautiful sculptures. It is a pity in my case that polyresin figures are unattainable for my pocket. In any case they are very well made. I celebrate that Vitae is launched again in the creation of new figures.

Dino Scream3232

Think it's been almost a year since vitae released any new dinosaur figures. I have to say I'm disappointed at what is announced. Was really hoping it would be some of their other prototypes they showed off like that suchomimus. But maybe this is the start that they are getting back into dinosaur models. So hopefully they'll release more in the future.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Dino Scream3232 on May 25, 2019, 11:38:54 AM
Think it's been almost a year since vitae released any new dinosaur figures. I have to say I'm disappointed at what is announced. Was really hoping it would be some of their other prototypes they showed off like that suchomimus. But maybe this is the start that they are getting back into dinosaur models. So hopefully they'll release more in the future.

Honestly, if Vitae is a family business or a small company, perhaps it does not have much budget to make figures of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals and it may not be profitable to market products due to economic losses and have to amortize expenses. The same may be happening with the Nanmu Studio brand since they had planned an ambitious project to make new figures of prehistoric animals based on the series of JP / JW among which were the carnotaurus, sinoceratops and mosasaurus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: