News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Vitae dinosaurs

Started by Mauro "Raptor86", October 29, 2017, 09:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothmog the Baryonyx

The deluxe also has a more expensive paint job than the regular too
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

paleochris

If someone has the two versions (deluxe and standard) it would be nice to show us the difference in picture, because I hesitate a lot, if the difference is small I won't buy the deluxe version but the paint looks really better, so I buy !

Sim

There's actually three versions: regular, deluxe and economy.  The regular looks like the deluxe minus the base.  The economy is the one with the orange colouration.

Baryonyx

Tiantaiosaurus is on Aliexpress!

paleochris

Quote from: Sim on December 18, 2020, 03:45:10 PM
There's actually three versions: regular, deluxe and economy.  The regular looks like the deluxe minus the base.  The economy is the one with the orange colouration.

so if I already have a standard version without base, bought a few months ago (for example the wuerhosaurus) it's not necessary to buy the deluxe version you think? I don't care about the basics, I'd just be a bit disappointed if the paint was really different in quality between deluxe and standard and I'd have to buy two versions.

Baryonyx

SidB

Shonisaurus

avatar_Baryonyx @Baryonyx Thanks for the link, I have already done both Vitae dinosaur purchases, by the way, and the jinyunpelta vitae in its three paint versions? It does not appear in the store and I am very interested in that figure.

Baryonyx

S @SidB & avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus , you're very welcome. I haven't ordered it yet but really look forward to getting it. The Tiantaiosaurus will go very smartly with the Terra Nanshiungosaurus I think. No sign yet of the Jnyunpelta on AliExpress - looking forward to that too! Also I don't know if the Tiantaiosaurus will appear in the 'budget' version, but the base-less version is a good price anyway.

Shonisaurus

The Vitae jinyunpelta is now available at the Model Toy Center links:

https://it.aliexpress.com/item/1005001924541564.html?spm=a2g0s.imconversation.0.0.3d073e5fRoKhhi

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001924541564.html?spm=5261.ProductManageOnline.0.0.5a054edf5ijCNd

It comes under a different name so no one at the DTF may not find it yet. I have commissioned it. I sincerely prefer to order the Vitae figures to those of PNSO, I prioritize expenses and choice and I save money.

ceratopsian

I opened my Tiantaiosaurus from Model Toy Center today.  I thought I had ordered the paler version - at least that was the one in the photo on the site.  But what has turned up is the darker version.  No bad thing in one sense, as that was the one I preferred.  On the not so good side, I wouldn't have minded having both - but if I can't be certain which will turn up, that is not so very easy.  Mine stands perfectly well (at the moment, cross fingers) with the aid of the magnet in the base.  But I can't see how it could possibly stand unaided with the base and magnet.  The artwork on the box is jolly nice.  It didn't take very long at all to come.  I ordered it on Christmas Eve.

Edit: now I understand.  In fact I got what I ordered - Box B.  I was confused by being able to see a photo of Box A (the pale version!) when I was actually ordering Box B.  My first attempt with ordering from AliExpress, but all's well that ends well!

thedeadlymoose

Quote from: paleochris on December 18, 2020, 05:53:29 PM
Quote from: Sim on December 18, 2020, 03:45:10 PM

so if I already have a standard version without base, bought a few months ago (for example the wuerhosaurus) it's not necessary to buy the deluxe version you think? I don't care about the basics, I'd just be a bit disappointed if the paint was really different in quality between deluxe and standard and I'd have to buy two versions.

I don't know about the Wuerhosaurus (which I also bought a few months back), but I did buy both of versions of the regular (no base) Tiantaiosaurus and the Jinyunpelta. One Tiantaiosaurus (A) has a magnet in the foot (for the base, even though I don't have it!) and one (B) does not.

I don't see any quality difference in the paint job, which looks lovely, but I'm not at all an expert :)

I haven't seen this posted in here(maybe I missed it), but you can also see color variations here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vitae-1-35-Jinyunpelta-sinensis-Model-Ankylosaur-Dinosaur-Figure-Collector-Decor/254813769209?hash=item3b54158df9:g:wN0AAOSwnclf4BE1
This is the Jinyunpelta version without base. Character B is the economy orange Jinyunpelta version with photos.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vitae-1-35-Tiantaiosaurus-sifengensis-Dong-B-Model-Dinosaur-Figure-Animal-Decor/254814634692?hash=item3b5422c2c4:g:LN4AAOSw6ZZf4Vmd
This is the white-streaked Tiantaiosaurus (B) without base, plus the economy yellow version (Character B again, confusingly, since Character A is officially called Model B). The yellow version is out of stock but there are photos.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vitae-1-35-Tiantaiosaurus-sifengensis-Dong-A-Model-Dinosaur-Figure-Animal-Decor/254814649026?hash=item3b5422fac2:g:FLUAAOSwisRf4WGT
This is the black-striped Tiantaiosaurus (A) without base, for completion's sake.

Baryonyx

T @thedeadlymoose , thanks for the comprehensive list and providing links. I'm tempted to get the economy version of the Jinyunpelta and do some paint work on it; I wonder however if these cheaper versions are going to appear on Aliexpress at some point, does anyone know? I remember reading on the Paleo-nerd website that the economy versions would be really cheap at around $5. I wonder if that will be the case with some seller eventually. In any case it's good to see some more 'normal' prices for figures in contrast to the latest PNSO releases (as great as they are!).

Edit: Checked again just after writing this and the economy versions are available from Model Toy Center, though at time of writing the Tiantaiosaurus is out of stock or otherwise unavailable:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_BPz1Np

Sim

Thanks for the links guys!  I had been looking for the economy Jinyunpelta!  I've just ordered it from Aliexpress!

postsaurischian

Quote from: ceratopsian on January 10, 2021, 04:13:02 PM
I opened my Tiantaiosaurus from Model Toy Center today. .......  I can't see how it could possibly stand unaided with the base and magnet.

I ordered the figure-in-bag version without the base.
There are no magnets but the feet are made of pretty hard material and it stands perfectly. I'm impressed :) .

ceratopsian

That is very good to hear, avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian. My version with magnets cannot stand off its base. I like it as a figure and have now ordered the other colour version, so I can have a "breeding pair". 

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 13, 2021, 08:17:23 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on January 10, 2021, 04:13:02 PM
I opened my Tiantaiosaurus from Model Toy Center today. .......  I can't see how it could possibly stand unaided with the base and magnet.

I ordered the figure-in-bag version without the base.
There are no magnets but the feet are made of pretty hard material and it stands perfectly. I'm impressed :) .
so mine is defective then as the two feet on mine are not level with each other it can't possibly stand up without support. I suppose it is pot luck.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Lynx

I do think Vitae's figures are a bit pricy, but then again, you get what you paid for. Besides companies who make what most call "models", I don't know any brand who gives a small diorama and a figure.
An oversized house cat.

SidB

I think that the issuing of figures with varying levels of finish on their recent models is a clever move, because one size doesn't fit all and the approach should make these figures of interest to a wider market in terms of affordability.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: SidB on January 29, 2020, 06:47:38 PM
Quote from: SidB on January 10, 2020, 05:11:08 AM
I just ordered the Vitae Giganotosaurus on eBay from the la-na-time-shop for $24.99 plus $1.99 shipping, USD. Ten were listed as available. This seems unreal, but the order went through. I'm hoping that this is on the level and that the Giganotosaurus is what I actually get, as a "reward" for some late night browsing.Time will tell.
Well, "time" has spoken. My anticipated Vitae Giga has arrived. What did I get? If you check the la-na-time-shop site and click the choices offered, this one pops up (it's image is not initially shown on the first ad). The greatly simplified paint job depicted is what i received. Really, not bad, well blended and certainly not terrible as some have opined, but, of course, not to be compared with the original.The painting in the sensitive areas, such as aorount the mouth, teeth and gum lines is precise, without bleeding. However, the paint on head, back and thighs in particular is quite glossy, almost a bit much in fact. Why, I wondered? Then I remembered the Rebor rep's comment that the paints may be lead based. I can't vouch for that, but perhaps the glossy overcoat is meant as a shield so as to protect the handler from exposure to the lead paint, if that's what it is. This is just speculation.

I know this is an old post, but I came across it looking for info on the Vitae Giga and as the resident head of the official Dinosaur Toy Lead Advisory board, it behooves me to point out that the glossy paint is likely not a shield against the lead, it IS the lead. Lead paint was so commonly used in part because of it's nice looking glossy finish that also offered some degree of scratch resistance. That doesn't mean all glossy paint is lead based, but lead based paint is itself generally glossy.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: