News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Vitae dinosaurs

Started by Mauro "Raptor86", October 29, 2017, 09:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

Even if I was in a financial situation to buy figures that high cost of shipping per figure is a no go. I too am wondering if there will be another way these will be offered and if these are really limited. I really liked the therizinosaur at least.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Dinoxels

Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Halzk

A @Andysdinosaurreviews just posted a review of the Tiantaiosaurus and I think I'm in love! The details on this are just beautiful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VAgnvILEZs

ceratopsian

It certainly looks appealing.  I just need somewhere to buy it from other than Monster House with their massive postage costs!

Shonisaurus

Hopefully soon an Aliexpress store sells those dinosaur wonders at a much more affordable price than Monsterhouse. I wait for days before this happens.

Halichoeres

Monster House strikes again. Neat trick, pairing extortive shipping with superficially reasonable prices. I'm sure they'll be available from a non-scalper by and by.

Hoping that the previously teased marine reptiles get made, and that they come with bases!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ItsTwentyBelow

Tiantaiosaurus looks so beautiful. The figure stands so nicely without the nice removable base, too. Did he mention the base and at least one of its feet are magnetic?? Now that is doing the base concept right!

But why must they be so expensive?  :'( :'( :'(

ceratopsian

MonsterHouse is well known for its exorbitant shipping costs. I'm sure that when it gets to other sellers, it will be more reasonable to get hold of them. It doesn't sound like the models themselves will be expensive.

Shonisaurus

I look forward to other sellers. I like to save money and I don't want to buy the products I want from any bidder I want to wait until I see the most affordable offer. We may have to wait several months, for example three to six months to see if prices calm down and fall. My opinion is that you have to wait as long as you are not in a hurry and wait for an interesting offer to sell dinosaurs or other prehistoric animals before buying madly. Except for exclusive figures, it is not worth buying madly or rather compulsively at the moment when, over the months, even over the years, an offer can jump out that makes that figure much cheaper. In my case today I'm not in a hurry.

I prefer to invest the money for useful things (food, cleaning, medicines, clothing, house and household cleaning, study expenses or expensive untimely expenses such as house breakdowns, life insurance, home ...) than buying at the dinosaurs moment that over time these prices will become much more affordable. In my case I prefer to wait even months.

I really like the Vitae dinosaurs like the rest of the brands, but I prefer to cool my appetite for these figures, thinking about the future. I said in my case I am not in a hurry to buy I prefer to wait for a good purchase opportunity. I prefer to prioritize expenses.

Carnoking

Lan Time Shop's eBay is selling the vitae dinosaurs atm. The base price is more expensive than the Etsy offerings, but with more affordable shipping, so it's a six of one half dozen of the other situation.

Sim

I dislike the inclusion of magnets.  I hope the Jinyunpelta doesn't have any as I was planning to get that one.

ceratopsian

avatar_Sim @Sim - having seen Paleo-nerd's photos and read his text on his blog, I'm afraid that it definitely has magnets.  The magnet is quite well disguised on the base, but it's there.

https://www.paleo-nerd.com/news/vitae-jinyunpelta-galleria-fotografica/?fbclid=IwAR0EiTg3nQ33D1CJ24bzFj4i5ZHZjZ8LJsEE0TkfgQ-5ocRBrVTXbxb9EVM

Quote from: Sim on December 16, 2020, 06:47:30 PM
I dislike the inclusion of magnets.  I hope the Jinyunpelta doesn't have any as I was planning to get that one.

Sim

Thanks for the information and the link avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian.  I wonder if the economy version has anything magnetic.  I'm considering that figure now.

Shonisaurus

I honestly have no problem in buying that figure with a magnet, as long as it stands correctly without the base I don't mind at all.

SidB

I'm getting the "attraction" of these figures.

paleochris

I have a question: do these figures with this new box have an better or different paint job than the ones produced before (without box and base)?
I have the impression that there are some small paint differences.

Mattyonyx

Quote from: paleochris on December 16, 2020, 11:24:44 PM
I have a question: do these figures with this new box have an better or different paint job than the ones produced before (without box and base)?
I have the impression that there are some small paint differences.

Yes, the Jinyunpelta is a good example, as the three versions show differences in the painting, more subtle when comparing the Deluxe to the Standard version, more evident on the Cheap version..

Flaffy

What are the differences in paint quality between the Deluxe and Standard version? Both look very similar if not the same.

Carnoking

https://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/jinyunpelta-by-vitae/

Dan's Dinosaurs has the new sculpts up for sale, plus a pretty sweet deal on the jinyunpelta if you order before the 20th!

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Flaffy on December 17, 2020, 04:11:17 AM
What are the differences in paint quality between the Deluxe and Standard version? Both look very similar if not the same.

I think the only difference is with or without the base

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: