News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Walking with Dinosaurs 3D

Started by Balaur, July 19, 2012, 02:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

docronnie

Hope they release the movie here.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Hermes888 on September 13, 2013, 08:31:11 PM
Quote from: RolandEden on September 13, 2013, 03:35:08 PM
Quote from: Hermes888 on September 13, 2013, 02:39:23 AM
Hey wait a second here - everyone in Patchi's family has a name, save for his mom. I'm expecting her to die off pretty early in the film.
Spoiler: In the description of the character mentioned that their mother died and also Dustbull.
Oh, I didn't bother reading the descriptors for each. Well I guess I'm not surprised.

What is it with killing off a character's parents ? It seems a little over done plot-wise.

John

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 15, 2013, 04:22:00 PM
Quote from: Hermes888 on September 13, 2013, 08:31:11 PM
Quote from: RolandEden on September 13, 2013, 03:35:08 PM
Quote from: Hermes888 on September 13, 2013, 02:39:23 AM
Hey wait a second here - everyone in Patchi's family has a name, save for his mom. I'm expecting her to die off pretty early in the film.
Spoiler: In the description of the character mentioned that their mother died and also Dustbull.
Oh, I didn't bother reading the descriptors for each. Well I guess I'm not surprised.

What is it with killing off a character's parents ? It seems a little over done plot-wise.
I'm guessing that means at least some members of Gorgosaurus get to score some victories in the Pachyrhinosaurs vs. Gorgosaurus battles that will obviously take place. :D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

SpartanSquat

From the trailers I think it could be Gorgon family or the fire

Balaur

I think that Bulldust and Patchi's Mom are both killed by Gorgon, because they got seperated in the forest fire.

Balaur

The website just fixed the Edmontonia. Though now they say it's an Ankylosaur. They still say that the ankylosaur in the movie is Edmontonia.

Roselaar

New trailer up here:

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox/walkingwithdinosaurs/

I don't like the way these dinosaurs talk (or talking dinosaurs in general for that matter). It has a definite Disney's Dinosaur vibe. Plus, the main Pachyrhinosaur's kid's voice is highly annoying... With the sound of this will be a great movie though.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Roselaar on September 26, 2013, 08:40:18 PM
New trailer up here:

I don't like the way these dinosaurs talk (or talking dinosaurs in general for that matter). It has a definite Disney's Dinosaur vibe. Plus, the main Pachyrhinosaur's kid's voice is highly annoying... With the sound of this will be a great movie though.
Yuck, it has a Speckles vibe to it. Sorry to sound negative, but I'm disappointed in how this film has ticked almost every box in the dinofilm cliche category thus far.

The visuals are pretty I guess. Maybe I will watch it with the sound muted :-X

Gwangi

That is EXACTLY what I was afraid they were going to do. I don't know what would compel them to tack on sure terrible voices to what visually looks like a beautiful film.

An adventure so real I'll believe I'm there...sure, until the baby dinosaur screams for a medic. Seriously...WTF? I suppose the kids will like it.  ::)

Balaur

Agh. I hate the voices. Really? REALLY?! I am unsure whether or not I'll see it in theatres. It looks so good, but the voices ruin everything. My expectations went down far,.

SpartanSquat

Well I think its a mix of speckles and happy feet (they are the same creators) I think Happy Feet is a good movie, but the voice acting here...well I wish the DVD version would have a version without voices. At least here in Spain we have great dubbers. I hope to see featurettes of the movie (Dinosaurs, story, characters)

tyrantqueen

I guess they decided to play it safe and market it to the kids (hence the goofy voice acting) :( Sorta disappointing but given how businesses work I suppose you can't really blame them.

Hermes888

Is this a trailer for Walking With Dinosaurs, or did it change its name to Speckles the Tarbosaurus Patchi the Pachyrhinosaurus?
Well at least this is more grounded in reality than Speckles, which had its fair share of time-travelling, teleporting Tyrannosaurus and suicidal Velociraptor swarms. At least the visuals are still good, but those voices... if that's what the finished product is like, I'll be hugely disappointed.

krentz

Blade-of-the-Moon

New trailer up here:

I don't mind most of the voices myself ( at least they aren't actually moving big rubbery lips )..but the hero Pachy as a kid..ouch.  I kinda want him to get eaten.  >:D

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 27, 2013, 06:38:53 AM
New trailer up here:

I don't mind most of the voices myself ( at least they aren't actually moving big rubbery lips )..but the hero Pachy as a kid..ouch.  I kinda want him to get eaten.  >:D
It wouldn't make any difference if they had moving mouths for me at all. Given that they're already pretty much anthropomorphised with their facial expressions, voice acting, behaviour and body language...they might as well have added moving mouths. It would be a drop in the ocean.

This feels like a spiritual successor to Disney's Dinosaur rather than Walking With Dinosaurs, as the title is supposed to indicate. That's cool and all, I know some people really liked that film. I guess kids will like as well but I'm disappointed personally. It's not really what I was hoping for :-\

I know I shouldn't make judgements on the movie yet, but I can't help it. Trailers are supposed to give potential audiences an idea of what they're in for, after all.
QuoteI kinda want him to get eaten.  >:D
Hahaha, LOL.

scallenger

I'm still going to see this, because the artistry involved is definitely still awesome and deserves to be seen, and I think it's important to promote a film that features dinosaurs that are at least made to look and act realistically and be presentable to children.

Having said that...

It seems I was right for a while now that this really is Walking With Dinosaurs... in name only. VERY, VERY, VERY much so. I don't know who decided on the idea of the voiceovers (I'm guessing a studio exec who didn't originally work on the project), but to me, it was a very misguided decision. It's almost like... they really don't trust their audience, or KIDS, who are usually naturally fascinated with dinosaurs at a young age if they see enough of them/about them. Granted, at least this time the lips DO NOT move... from how the voiceovers sounded in the trailer... they may as well have. It's that close to being just as offensive. At first I thought it may have been cute for this to be a Milo and Otis for dinosaurs... but no. It works on cute puppies and kittens. But not dinosaurs. It just comes off to me as... weird. Dinosaurs are creatures we have never seen alive. They are almost like aliens or some bedtime story monsters, if you will, in terms of how the imagination conjures them up, based on their bones. To put voices... on something as mysterious and provocative as that... when it isn't a cartoon or something like Land Before Time... I just don't get it.

Walking With Dinosaurs showed the world on television many years ago what it would have really been like. It's a bit dated, but it seems to forever be unbeatable in any other attempt. The saddest part is, there is plenty of talent, that we SEE on that very same trailer, to make it happen. But it gets mucked up along the way, most likely by people who never should be involved in something like this in the first place (unappreciative studio), and who don't understand what it is about dinosaurs that excited kids in the first place. I saw the original on TV when it came out. I WAS a kid. The narration was good enough for me. Why couldn't it have been again?

Again, I am still seeing this. But with low expectations. This one really is geared toward the kids now. I feel bad for the people involved that tried to make this be something that the studio just HAD to screw up. My one last hope is that the DVD/BLU will feature a music/effects only track. Disney's Dinosaur I think had this on the DVD, but with the dinosaur lip movements to speech, it still didn't mask the fatal error of that film. With this film, it could be VERY effective since there are no speech lip movements.

So please, studio execs, or any involved in the production (like Krentz), if you could somehow AT LEAST lobby for us for them to simply have a music/effects-only track on the BluRay, I think everyone here would be eternally grateful. It still LOOKS like a great film otherwise! We just want it to SOUND great, too. It should be a VERY easy thing for them to include. And there IS an audience for it, just look right here.

If I came off as rude in any way, I'm sorry. It's been a long day, lol.
Jurassic Time is back... and this time, it will stay with you forever.

Jurassic Time... it can now belong in your own museum.

Roselaar

Incidentally, I just got word I can expect this baby at work next Monday:

It actually cost 1,500(!) dollars, so I'm not allowed to put it together as usual. They're driving up costs even further by hiring professionals for that! Oh well, saves me time and effort. :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Your image isn't showing up..I assume it's something quite large and impressive ?  :)

FUTABA

Just saw the new trailer on FB and my worst fears have been confirmed. :( Watching it sent chills up my spine, just not in the way they intended. I'll still watch it when it comes out but may have to re-watch March of the Dinosaurs afterwards to counter the effects. I just hope to whatever deity comes to mind first that it will be better than Speckles. It reaks so bad of it seeing the trailer gave me flashbacks.

Horrible, horrible flashbacks.
I really really like blue things.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: