You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel, Jurassic World: The Fallen Kingdom toys - new for 2018

Started by Takama, December 23, 2017, 04:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archosauria

The only major turn-off for me regarding these figures is the massive feet on some of them. I mean look at that green raptor. Its feet are ridiculous.
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Archosauria on April 12, 2018, 01:17:38 AM
The only major turn-off for me regarding these figures is the massive feet on some of them. I mean look at that green raptor. Its feet are ridiculous.

They were made larger on this model and the Legacy orange one for the "leaping" play feature.

Archosauria

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 12, 2018, 02:40:17 AM

They were made larger on this model and the Legacy orange one for the "leaping" play feature.
Ah, ok! That makes sense. I thought it had something to do with stability.
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Archosauria on April 12, 2018, 05:06:28 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 12, 2018, 02:40:17 AM

Ah, ok! That makes sense. I thought it had something to do with stability.

yeah i'm already plotting ways to hide em'.. high grass maybe?

Archosauria

Sounds like a good opportunity to make a fun diorama.

"Don't go into the long grass!"

-Steve Miller

paintingdinos

Tried my hand at visiting a dying Toys R Us, found all of the Roarivores. I decided to hold back and just get the Bary and the Allo.

They all look pretty good. The Trike's head is very wobbly/flimsy feeling, but all the theropods are nice and solid.

Digibasherx

Went to ToysRus today and they said the drop date for JWFK is tomorrow or Saturday.  Sigh... wasted a trip. :(

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Archosauria on April 12, 2018, 09:38:08 AM
Sounds like a good opportunity to make a fun diorama.

"Don't go into the long grass!"

Exactly! lol

Quote from: Digibasherx on April 12, 2018, 07:59:56 PM
Went to ToysRus today and they said the drop date for JWFK is tomorrow or Saturday.  Sigh... wasted a trip. :(

2 walmarts and a target today.. walmart is sticking to the 16th release date and target had nothing.

Faelrin

Might try my hand at some of those codes I saw on reddit tomorrow (when I have money again) for the Targets nearby. I'd love to get the Carnotaurus a bit sooner, but I can totally wait for the street date. I might even call up the Toys R US locations nearby to see if there is anything in stock (won't waste my time with going out that far if they have nothing yet). I definitely plan to pick up some of the store exclusives come next week too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

mgaguilar

Quote from: Faelrin on April 12, 2018, 08:52:44 PM
Might try my hand at some of those codes I saw on reddit tomorrow (when I have money again) for the Targets nearby. I'd love to get the Carnotaurus a bit sooner, but I can totally wait for the street date. I might even call up the Toys R US locations nearby to see if there is anything in stock (won't waste my time with going out that far if they have nothing yet). I definitely plan to pick up some of the store exclusives come next week too.

u/MercifulGenji and I made that thread! Hope you enjoy! Also, it's updating as more people find DCPI/UPC codes.

Digibasherx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 12, 2018, 08:10:13 PM
2 walmarts and a target today.. walmart is sticking to the 16th release date and target had nothing.

Boo, not sure if I should head over tomorrow or Saturday, or wait for the 16th.  I didn't see a lot of empty shelf space prepped so I'm not optimistic for tomorrow.  On a side note, I did see Walmart had the "blind" box of 15 minis.  I'm saying "blind" because they guarantee all of the dinos, but you won't know which colour.

ChrisLikesDinos

Has anyone found a Roarivore Allosaurus with a pink tongue yet, or is it all blue tongues so far?

Curiously it's not an unpainted blue, but a deeper and richer blue than the plastic.

Jetdin

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Digibasherx on April 12, 2018, 10:39:31 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 12, 2018, 08:10:13 PM

Boo, not sure if I should head over tomorrow or Saturday, or wait for the 16th.  I didn't see a lot of empty shelf space prepped so I'm not optimistic for tomorrow.  On a side note, I did see Walmart had the "blind" box of 15 minis.  I'm saying "blind" because they guarantee all of the dinos, but you won't know which colour.

I bought the bag  myself, I think everything in it matched the back of the package? I'm not sure it's a blind bag as much as just a mini-set.

Quote from: ChrisLikesDinos on April 13, 2018, 12:05:59 AM
Has anyone found a Roarivore Allosaurus with a pink tongue yet, or is it all blue tongues so far?

Curiously it's not an unpainted blue, but a deeper and richer blue than the plastic.

Mine is the same, haven't seen a pink one anywhere yet.

Quote from: Jetdin on April 13, 2018, 04:02:49 AM
has the mosasaurus been released yet?

Some places, it just depends.  My walmarts have them but haven't released them yet.  Gonna try 1/2am on the 16th if I can get a ride.

Flaffy

Turns out the 15 pack isn't a blind bag at all. Those are reserved for the higher quality articulated minis. The 15 pack is just a set, I don't think there are any variations.

Jetdin

the only figure that im interested in is that gigantic mosasaurus because it is just so huge! and maybe the indoraptor just for the sheer mobility that it has.

tanystropheus

Cretaceous Crab

Went by Target yesterday. According to their inventory, they had the Indoraptor and the Thrash/Throw Rex, but they did not have the Colossal or the Mosasaurus. They also are sticking to the release on the 16th

Digibasherx

Quote from: Flaffy on April 13, 2018, 05:21:52 AM
Turns out the 15 pack isn't a blind bag at all. Those are reserved for the higher quality articulated minis. The 15 pack is just a set, I don't think there are any variations.

Ah, my bad then. I didn't pick up the 15 pack but saw it's in the same packaging as the blind bag minis.  I briefly skimmed over the package.

Digibasherx

So there's a Extreme Chomping, a Thrash and Throw and a Super Colossal Rex?  I can't seem to find any comparison images, are the Extreme and Thrash and Throw about the same size?  They all seem to stem from the same sculpt other than size and features.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: