News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA 2019 Hopes and Dreams

Started by suspsy, January 04, 2018, 01:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toasaurus

Quote from: Ravonium on October 29, 2018, 07:35:50 PM
Quote from: Ravonium on October 20, 2018, 12:48:05 PM
meaning there probably won't be a reduction in the number of new releases.

Nevermind, there will likely be a reduction in new releases. According to one Youtube comment, there will only be 5 'dinosaur' figures in 2019, due to the new leadership wanting to prioritise domestic animals (can't wait to see that decision bounce hard  ::) ). Furthermore, Numaan of STS posted that next year's lineup (presumably in general) will be small.

Although that's not to say they won't put any less effort than usual in those 5 figures, or that this will be the final number :) (but considering that this is about half of what they'd usually release, I don't think it'll change that significantly :( ).
is this true about collects making only 5 dinosaur figures cause it seems bit sketchy coming from a random YouTube comment but that just my opinion

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 29, 2018, 10:03:16 PM

By the way Collecta in Deluxe scale has not yet made an ichyosaur. Would not it be a good idea for Collecta to do the shonisaurus? In fact it's my namesake with my nickname.
I'd be interested in a Shonisaurus. They have done other marine reptiles in the deluxe line.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Flaffy

Source for STS reply regarding 2019 collection size. Not sure where the youtube comment is though, nor it's reliability.

Ravonium

OK, for those curious, here's the whole string of youtube comments where I heard about this.

Quote from: Other person
CollectA also has a new leader which doesn't like dinosaurs and wants to make domestic animals, because of him we will only get 5 dinosaurs for 2019... So we just have to hope that the sculptors and stuff will try to put lots of effort in the 5 figures

Quote from: Me
Where did you hear/read about CollectA only releasing 5 dinosaurs for 2019?

Quote from: Other person
Spinodude told me

Here's the video this discussion occurred on (Apologies for the code tags, I just don't want it to show as an actual video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opEDHgpV2Zs

Quote from: Toasaurus on October 29, 2018, 10:06:16 PM
is this true about collects making only 5 dinosaur figures cause it seems bit sketchy coming from a random YouTube comment but that just my opinion

Even with a source, I agree this statement does still seem a bit sketchy, and I will try to check the validity of these claims with SpinoDude.

Shonisaurus

Well, if it is true that they will not make more than five Collecta dinosaurs for 2019, it is not good news. If they have changed business and is more interested in pets, I am afraid that if the news is confirmed that the dinosaurs will disappear from the company Collecta. Let's hope the same thing happens to the Bullyland company ... or to Battat.

If it is true, it is a discouraging news, but we will have to accept it, we do not have another. SpinoDude is a pretty reliable source and knows what it says. We must resign ourselves to five dinosaurs by Collecta 2019.  :-\

Minmiminime

Suits my wallet fine..! Especially with other companies lurking in the wings...I mean, Vitae, PNSO and Rebor all (hopefully) producing high quality and scientifically rigorous models. The only CollectA model I've bought this year has been the Brontosaurus, and that's because of disappointment with the production quality of the Ceratosaurus and lack of time to be bothered to purchase and fix it, and off-putting paint schemes in general. It would be a real shame to see them scale back production of prehistoric replicas, but ith their quality inconsistencies I won't lament it too much
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Minmiminime on October 30, 2018, 10:57:13 AM
Suits my wallet fine..! Especially with other companies lurking in the wings...I mean, Vitae, PNSO and Rebor all (hopefully) producing high quality and scientifically rigorous models. The only CollectA model I've bought this year has been the Brontosaurus, and that's because of disappointment with the production quality of the Ceratosaurus and lack of time to be bothered to purchase and fix it, and off-putting paint schemes in general. It would be a real shame to see them scale back production of prehistoric replicas, but ith their quality inconsistencies I won't lament it too much

Honestly I like the figures of Collecta dinosaurs are for highly scientific figures and super detailed and very cool. I understand that we all do not think in the same way, but fortunately we save money that we all need, but in the case of the production of prehistoric animals and in this case dinosaurs of collects gradually disappears (this year they are going to only five dinosaurs) is honestly a sad and irreparable loss for all fans and is more along with Safari among other companies is one of my favorite brands of dinosaurs.

Bokisaurus

Well well, 5 dinosaur is 2 less that what was offered this year. Remember, they said dinosaur not prehistoric animals :))
I hope that there will be more prehistoric animals in addition to the 5 ( if this is true) dinos.

Hmmm, CollectA is overdue for a deluxe size sauropod ^-^

Ravonium

Quote from: Bokisaurus on October 30, 2018, 05:49:53 PM
Well well, 5 dinosaur is 2 less that what was offered this year. Remember, they said dinosaur not prehistoric animals :))

Fair enough. I did initially assume that they used 'dinosaurs' as a blanket term, likely out of spite, hence why I put it in quotation marks ^-^ , but I do realise now that that's likely not the case.

If they do offer non-dinosaurs this year, then I second Shonisaurus' suggestion of a Deluxe Shonisaurus. That would get my money in a heartbeat.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

I thought Everything Dinosaur was going to start revealing the new figures this week?

Ravonium

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on October 30, 2018, 09:33:43 PM
I thought Everything Dinosaur was going to start revealing the new figures this week?

Yes, they and/or CollectA are almost certainly going to reveal some figures this week  :) 

On final reflection, my thoughts on this are now cautiously optimistic. I am still annoyed at the supposed reasons for the smaller lineup*, but apart from that, I'm not that upset, as it will give me a year to catchup on older figures, and it could (provided it was handled in a way that was fair to all markets, which I have doubts that it will) help CollectA in the long run, by only spending money manufacturing quality figures, which more people would want to buy, and getting resources to make those figures better. Of course, if the new leader really hates dinosaurs that much, this will likely only happen with his/her focus of domestic animals, and the other lines will be, at best, side projects that mantain consistently alright-good quality (assuming they keep hiring the same sculptors), or at worst, completely weeded out.

*If this was done solely for the sake of increasing profit margins, I'd probably be fully sympathetic to this decision.

MLMjp

EXCUSE ME!?

Less dinosaurs because the new CEO does not like them!?

Who is this guy? Where he lives? How he looks like? Does he have family or close friends?
I would like to pay a visit to him and have a civilized chat with him. I would also like to give him a present, a suit case full of torture instruments!

But seriously, this has to be one of the worst excuses I have ever heard for "making less dinosaurs" if you told me that it is because sales are low or something like that I would understand, but this is just stupid.

Yesterday I saw this post on instagram. I think is very appropriate for the situation:

suspsy

Let's just wait and see what the reveals are before we give in further to rumours and speculation, shall we?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I hope one of their dinosaurs is a deluxe hadrosaur like Corythosaurus, Edmotosaurus regalis or Lambeosaurus.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

tyrantqueen

I don't believe it. Even if it's true that CollectA's new head executive supposedly "hates" them, if the toy dinosaurs are making the company good money, he shouldn't care. I could see this new individual asking for less dinosaurs because they're not making the profits the company wants, but NOT because of personal feelings.

Honestly, I think someone just made this up to get attention.

Flaffy

When does CollectA usually start revealing figures?

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Flaffy on October 31, 2018, 09:44:19 AM
When does CollectA usually start revealing figures?
If it was like the previous years, it should be every Fridays in November, so this Friday maybe!

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on October 31, 2018, 01:18:53 AM
I hope one of their dinosaurs is a deluxe hadrosaur like Corythosaurus, Edmotosaurus regalis or Lambeosaurus.

Yeah, Collecta has gotten pretty good at most of the other families. It's time they start taking a crack at hadrosaurs! Their recent iguanodonts turned out well.

Shonisaurus

Sorry for being a party pooper in the forum but I have noticed that it is enough that we ask for certain replicas of dinosaurs or prehistoric animals in almost all cases in this case Collecta 2019 normally we never hit our desires.

I think that almost nobody predicted that they would reveal the borealopelta and the caiuajara of Collecta, I do not recieve if any member of the forum pointed out that he would like those two species of prehistoric animals. In our desire to sell certain figures in this case Collecta prehistoric animals is sincerely like everything in life, just want a thing for something that we do not expect. It is still a curious fact, but I hope we hope that some of our wishes are met at least in relation to Collecta. I would settle for a giganotosaurus or a paraceratherium on behalf of Collecta. Of illusion also lives.

Sauropelta

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 02, 2018, 09:51:39 AM
I think that almost nobody predicted that they would reveal the borealopelta and the caiuajara of Collecta, I do not recieve if any member of the forum pointed out that he would like those two species of prehistoric animals. In our desire to sell certain figures in this case Collecta prehistoric animals is sincerely like everything in life, just want a thing for something that we do not expect. It is still a curious fact, but I hope we hope that some of our wishes are met at least in relation to Collecta.

I'd rather wild safari do Borealopelta. I don't trust CollectA with nodosaurs and both safari ankylo/sauropelta turned out great. CollectA is good at Theropods.
Sauropelta (Meaning 'lizard shield') is a genus of nodosaurid dinosaur that existed in the Early Cretaceous Period of North America. One species (S. edwardsorum) has been named although others may have existed. Anatomically, Sauropelta is one of the most well-understood nodosaurids, with fossilized remains recovered in the U.S. states of Wyoming, Montana, and possibly Utah.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: