News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA 2019 Hopes and Dreams

Started by suspsy, January 04, 2018, 01:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Quote from: Sauropelta on November 02, 2018, 02:14:10 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 02, 2018, 09:51:39 AM
I think that almost nobody predicted that they would reveal the borealopelta and the caiuajara of Collecta, I do not recieve if any member of the forum pointed out that he would like those two species of prehistoric animals. In our desire to sell certain figures in this case Collecta prehistoric animals is sincerely like everything in life, just want a thing for something that we do not expect. It is still a curious fact, but I hope we hope that some of our wishes are met at least in relation to Collecta.

I'd rather wild safari do Borealopelta. I don't trust CollectA with nodosaurs and both safari ankylo/sauropelta turned out great. CollectA is good at Theropods.

And good at nodosaurs too, judging from the Borealopelta image.

Their 2014 Gastonia was pretty good too!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Halichoeres

Sorry for being a party pooper in the forum but I have noticed that it is enough that we ask for certain replicas of dinosaurs or prehistoric animals in almost all cases in this case Collecta 2019 normally we never hit our desires.

I think that almost nobody predicted that they would reveal the borealopelta and the caiuajara of Collecta, I do not recieve if any member of the forum pointed out that he would like those two species of prehistoric animals. In our desire to sell certain figures in this case Collecta prehistoric animals is sincerely like everything in life, just want a thing for something that we do not expect. It is still a curious fact, but I hope we hope that some of our wishes are met at least in relation to Collecta. I would settle for a giganotosaurus or a paraceratherium on behalf of Collecta. Of illusion also lives.

Half a dozen people in this very thread predicted or wished for a Borealopelta. And it's not really surprising that they made a mini box of retreads, although of course I don't think anybody was wishing for that. The pterosaur is the only one that's kind of out of left field.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

I did ask CollectA for a prehistoric mammal tube in the past, but it would indeed have been nice if it had been a mixture of old and new faces.

I wonder if the mini Megacerops has an erect penis.

Ravonium

Quote from: suspsy on November 02, 2018, 02:31:40 PM

Yes, it does certainly seem to be one of the most consistently liked CollectA models in the community, but diversity of opinions is a good thing in this hobby 8) , so I'm interested to hear what avatar_Sauropelta @Sauropelta's issues with it are, if he/she has any.

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 02, 2018, 02:35:50 PM
Sorry for being a party pooper in the forum but I have noticed that it is enough that we ask for certain replicas of dinosaurs or prehistoric animals in almost all cases in this case Collecta 2019 normally we never hit our desires.

I think that almost nobody predicted that they would reveal the borealopelta and the caiuajara of Collecta, I do not recieve if any member of the forum pointed out that he would like those two species of prehistoric animals. In our desire to sell certain figures in this case Collecta prehistoric animals is sincerely like everything in life, just want a thing for something that we do not expect. It is still a curious fact, but I hope we hope that some of our wishes are met at least in relation to Collecta. I would settle for a giganotosaurus or a paraceratherium on behalf of Collecta. Of illusion also lives.

Half a dozen people in this very thread predicted or wished for a Borealopelta. And it's not really surprising that they made a mini box of retreads, although of course I don't think anybody was wishing for that. The pterosaur is the only one that's kind of out of left field.

I'd like to add here that even if the specific genus of pterosaur was an ambitious choice, I think a lot of people saw a Supreme pterosaur coming out next year (me included).

If you want to see an example of an out-of-nowhere choice for CollectA, then they've revealed a King Crab, which I guarantee no-one wished for  ;) :P

suspsy

The king crab looks fantastic! Far more interesting than a baby zebra, a cow, and a couple of horses.

Ravonium

Quote from: suspsy on November 02, 2018, 04:35:13 PM
The king crab looks fantastic! Far more interesting than a baby zebra, a cow, and a couple of horses.

No doubts from me about that  8) , especially considering the actual animal is appropriately sized enough that it might actually be somewhat in scale with my vertebrates  ::)

The presence of the king crab alone makes this lineup far more interesting than 2018's, which was *yuck* almost entirely large-fereuungulate based  >:(

Sauropelta

Actually own the Gastonia from CollectA and my only problem is the size is too small to appreciate the detail of the sculpt. It is a nice figure but 1:40 scale for a 16 foot dino is too small for me. Should have been 1:30 like WS Sauropelta. Also didn't see the reveals untill you guys mentioned it to me. Borealopelta & Caiuajara (especially Caiu) both look nice but hope it's not too small like their Gastonia.

Still hoping for a deluxe Giraffatitan.
Sauropelta (Meaning 'lizard shield') is a genus of nodosaurid dinosaur that existed in the Early Cretaceous Period of North America. One species (S. edwardsorum) has been named although others may have existed. Anatomically, Sauropelta is one of the most well-understood nodosaurids, with fossilized remains recovered in the U.S. states of Wyoming, Montana, and possibly Utah.

Ravonium

Quote from: Sauropelta on November 02, 2018, 06:40:29 PM
Actually own the Gastonia from CollectA and my only problem is the size is too small to appreciate the detail of the sculpt. It is a nice figure but 1:40 scale for a 16 foot dino is too small for me.

Ah, I see :)  Having fairly strict scale preferences myself, I'm not really one to judge here  :P

but hope it's not too small like their Gastonia.

According to ED, the Borealopelta is ~15cm long, longer than the Gastonia (~12cm, although this doesn't account for tail curvature), but shorter than the Safari Ltd Sauropelta (~18cm), although it is closer in size and scale to the Gastonia.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

I think that almost nobody predicted that they would reveal the borealopelta and the caiuajara of Collecta, I do not recieve if any member of the forum pointed out that he would like those two species of prehistoric animals. In our desire to sell certain figures in this case Collecta prehistoric animals is sincerely like everything in life, just want a thing for something that we do not expect. It is still a curious fact, but I hope we hope that some of our wishes are met at least in relation to Collecta.

I'd rather wild safari do Borealopelta. I don't trust CollectA with nodosaurs and both safari ankylo/sauropelta turned out great. CollectA is good at Theropods.

That Borealopelta knocks it out of the park!!!! I'm so excited! I also approve of their Gastonia; now that it looks like we'll probably never get the Battat version (which would have been my preference), I'll probably get the Collecta Gastonia sometime soon instead.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on November 03, 2018, 02:29:33 PM

That Borealopelta knocks it out of the park!!!! I'm so excited! I also approve of their Gastonia; now that it looks like we'll probably never get the Battat version (which would have been my preference), I'll probably get the Collecta Gastonia sometime soon instead.

Sincerely the Edmontonia of Collecta is a pretty good figure of nodosaurio and that that belongs to his first years. It is a very well made armored dinosaur.

An updated edmontonia Deluxe by Collecta would be a figure very well received by collectors. After seeing his borealopelta I have the certainty that Collecta can perform with scientific precision and precision any kind of prehistoric animal that has been and has been.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Ravonium on November 02, 2018, 04:26:55 PM

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 02, 2018, 02:35:50 PM

I'd like to add here that even if the specific genus of pterosaur was an ambitious choice, I think a lot of people saw a Supreme pterosaur coming out next year (me included).

If you want to see an example of an out-of-nowhere choice for CollectA, then they've revealed a King Crab, which I guarantee no-one wished for  ;) :P

Good point, the Supreme pterosaur does seem to be a pretty regular biennial feature from CollectA now. In fact, they seem to have left off making pterosaurs in any scale other than "enormous," which is a pity. I believe the last non-Supreme was 2014's Quetzalcoatlus? Or, I guess, its 2016 homunculus from the mini box.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Well, it's getting late to wish/predict (widict?) but I'll have a go anyway.
As well as a deluxe hadrosaur like Edmontosaurus regalis or Corythosaurus that I mentioned in the other thread (which is basically my number 1 want(s), other deluxe figures I 'widict' are:
For a deluxe mammal, I'd love a Chalicotherium or an updated Paraceratherium (though that one's unlikely given the presence of the little fella in the tube). If they did a second mammal, the Steller's Sea Cow someone mentioned would be nice.
In lieu of the deluxe supreme pterosaurs, I would love a deluxe Scansoriopterygid, probably either Yi qi or Edpidexipteryx. Is it too much to ask for?
And finally, since there is always a deluxe carnivorous therapod, a new deluxe Cryolophosaurus would be my preference. Their current small Cryo is pretty poor a new one would be nice. Regarding other Crylophosaurus' the Papo one is beautiful but in an awkward pose, the Carnegie and Battat ones are nicer (though Carnegie's crest is silly looking) but harder to find.

Regarding Carnotaurus, for some reason I don't like the Battat one, but I wouldn't buy a CollectA one if they did anyway, nor an Ankylosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Allosaurus or Woolly Rhino. A Giraffatitan would be nice though, one actually labelled as Giraffatitan anyway.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

suspsy

Check out the CollectA 2019 thread, folks!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Okay I take that back, I will have to get both Carnotaurus' now. Darn.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

My dream of obtaining an edaphosaurus Deluxe by Collecta has been fulfilled was a Paleozoic figure that I wanted a long time ago.

I hope some other dream is fulfilled.

Ceratosaurus blogspot

Well, I think there's still time for some predictions, so, let's go: Allosaurus scale model, Tyrannotitan scale model, Amphicyon scale model, Corynthosaurus scale model and Centrosaurus popular scale.   ^-^

suspsy

Amphicyon, Centrosaurus, and Corythosaurus would be most welcome!

Ceratosaurus blogspot

Well guys, I think we'll have two more models to be released next week ... so ... let me try to hit:

1/40 Allosaurus
1/40 Corynthosaurus

8)

Shonisaurus

C @Ceratosaurus blogspot  It would be exceptional those two revelations a corythosaurus Deluxe Collecta and an allosaurus Deluxe Collecta that competed with the allosaurus of our beloved forum member Doug.

A moschops on my part in scale 1:20 would be great on the part of Collecta.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I'm still hoping for a deluxe Hadrosaur, preferably either Corythosaurus, Tsintaosairus or Edmontosaurus. In fact I'm already going to be disappointed as soon as they reveal that they will not be doing any Hadrosaurs.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: