News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PhilSauria's Paleo Plastic Collection

Started by PhilSauria, January 23, 2018, 09:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenestra

Thank you so much for this picture.
It's very helpful for people wanting to buy their ultimate Parasaurolophus at this moment in time.
You get to see their different sizes, poses, colors and brands.
Kudos!

Shonisaurus

My congratulations. Hands down the best parasaurolophus made to date. PNSO has become the best dinosaur company of the moment.

PhilSauria

Thanks as always to those who took the time to comment on the last batch of paleo plastic pics.

NEW ADDITION

Large Sauropod figures seem to be few and far between these days so I am always looking for the opportunity to add more where I can (and if I can afford them!) and to that end I was pleased to take possession of the magnificent CollectA Mamenchisaurus just recently.

It seems to be a fairly close match in size to the only other two examples of this species that I have, all in their own individual style.

This new addition seemed like a good opportunity to gather the other CollectA Sauropods that I have for a group shot. They do for most part all seemed to have been sculpted by the same artist and have a similar aesthetic. Just wish some of them were a bit larger. I realised after I'd taken the shot and placed the models back in their repective display spots that I'd fogotten a couple (rearing Diplodocus and Jobaria) but didn't have the time to set it all up again. Maybe for the next CollectA sauropod addition. (the Bajadasaurus?)

SidB

Thanks, avatar_PhilSauria @PhilSauria , for the comparison shots - helpful as always. Good to see you back in the saddle again.

ceratopsian

Beautifully arranged group shot. You always achieve such an aesthetically balanced result.

PhilSauria

ANOTHER ARRIVAL

This one has finally landed with me, taking some time in transit, after being ordered back in early June, and as with many buyers of this model I was also in the dark about the facts behind its sudden proliferation of listings at a lower than expected price. But who could resist a creation of this quality for the price?!

I placed my order as soon as I saw it but in hindsight should have waited as lower prices were attached to subsequent listings. So not only did I pay a higher price, have to wait two months to get and see it arrive with a paint scuff or two (since retouched but the base still needs attention) - I was short changed to the tune of one prehistoric fish! After some eBay message back and forth with the seller the best I have been able to achieve is a partial refund. Disappointing, but if you didn't know the animal was carrying the fish you'd never suspect its absence now. So my specimen will forever have to go without its lunch. It does not stand on the base when the feet are in the impressions provided but placing the hind foot to the left of the furrow seems to balance it fine, as seen in my image here.

Even though I am pleased to have in my possession one of the most life-like and naturalistic Dinosaur models I've ever seen, the whole experience has been, dare I say it; irritating!

Fenestra

Wow....such a beautiful figure, but it will always be leaving a bad taste in your mouth each time you look at it, I guess.  :(
Higher price, longer wait, paint scuffs, missing fish, ...and we all know that a "refund" is not going to compensate for all that loss. 

I can understand your pain. And I feel sorry for you.
And a little angry too.  >:(

Faelrin

What an unfortunate ideal that you went through to get this figure. A shame about the missing fish as well. We get far too few of those, even if intended as prey. Would it be possible to reach out to avatar_hugocafasso @hugocafasso  and see if he could help you get the fish for it?

That said yeah it is still a beautiful figure of one the world's most intriguing spinosaurids.

Also congrats on the Mamenchisaurus as well. Really nice seeing it alongside their other sauropods like the Brontosaurus. I'm still impressed at how huge it is every time I get a look at it here in folks collections.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

KeU

I see you have been going strong since your return Phil.
Congrats on your various additions.
All of them are choice selections.
Especially the Parasaurolophus and Irritator.
The Irritator is definitely true to its namesake.
With such an interesting acquisition,  it would be a great talking point when anyone asks about this highly detailed piece.
Quick ask about the PNSO Tarbosaurus. I am really tempted by it, but not too hot on its giant feet. What's your thoughts on it displayed with the other PNSO Theropods?

Lanthanotus

The Irritator is a very fine model, was tempted too, but I already spent a lot of dinosaur money this year, at least it feels like. Shame about the fish, are you gonna try to sculpt him a meal on your own?

avatar_KeU @KeU I have the Tarbosaurus and I'd say it is perfectly propotioned. The feet are certainly not too big, but appropriately more bulky than in the Allosaurus for example where I find them much too small for carrying an animal that weight. The Tarbo's legs are certainly very muscular and thick, yet again I feel they are fine to support the (fast?) movements of an animal that size and weight. Also nice...the Tarbo seems to be able to support itself indefinetly, mine at least stands on its very own feet since it arrived two months ago.

Bokisaurus

Very nice addition!
Sorry to hear about the Irritator fiasco! Glad you got that Mamenchi, it really is a beautiful and graceful figure :)

Shonisaurus

Pretty irritator is honestly the best of its kind. I'm sorry they didn't send you the fish but at least they have reimbursed you for the corresponding part. My congratulations magnificent figure.

PhilSauria

MORE PNSO

Still playing catchup with PNSO releases (a never-ending pursuit at the moment!, though I am not a completest and won't be trying for all of them). These came in a while back but I haven't had time to shoot and post lately.
(Must be something very interesting to look at over to the left.)

This one is very eye-catching on display with those plates and that colour scheme.

They seem to have overdone the wet look on the head of this one for some reason.

And of course you have to do the two-shot with this classic.

ceratopsian

The Miragaias are clearly not on speaking terms!

Shonisaurus

What a beauty of PNSO figures, miragaia and sinoceratops they look very colorful the paint colors are very colorful and attractive. My congratulations on your two new acquisitions.

PhilSauria

INCOMING

Another PNSO off the list. This one turned out to be as impressive as expected.

Here it is with two of the three other examples of this animal that I have, the unbranded figure I picked up on Ali earlier this year and the Safari Ltd. (The wide-hipped CollectA was buried too deep in storage to dig out) What a difference in style between the Safari and PNSO.

And this Megalania from Rebor also turned up. Okay, Komodo Dragon (why has no brand produced a Megalania, it may end up looking like a Komodo Dragon but nine out of ten Megaladons look like over-fed Great Whites and they still get produced.)

And I picked this one up for basically loose change, always ready to add another Plesiosaurus. Looks like the Recur to me but the tag it had on its flipper saw it marked with another brand. As the makers seem to have taken a page out of the Papo Posing Guide I had to find a way to display it, so a wire support and the end off a block of wood did the trick. Still a work in progress with the block needing more sanding and some varnish. More decorative than scientific but I like it.

BlueKrono

avatar_PhilSauria @PhilSauria What brand was that plesiosaur? And where did you get it, if you didn't mind me asking?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

SidB

Well done, avatar_PhilSauria @PhilSauria . I also have a Megalania - it's an old Safari Komodo, but it too works nicely as the former, and why not!

PhilSauria

Duck

What a thread. This has been very enjoyable to read. Almost like watching a movie! 
He who dwells in pond

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: