News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PhilSauria's Paleo Plastic Collection

Started by PhilSauria, January 23, 2018, 09:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duna

Sorry about your job situation, but as my boss says, when a door closes, a window opens. Just be positive and stay healthy, that's the most important thing.
Congrats for your wonderful figures and enjoy them. I particularly fell well and relaxed when I look and handle the figures. Some days they are the best medicine for the mental health.

Good luck!

PhilSauria

ADDITIONS

Been a while since I have been able to use the word 'additions', but the drought is over.

I've wanted this model ever since I first laid eyes on images of it online, and now thanks to finding more gainful employment, and the payment plans that more retailers are offering I have been at last able to get hold of it! A heavy box arrived about a week ago, containing a solid polystone base and PVC model, lots of PVC. This is one big piece of Paleo plastic, I could barely fit it in the frame.

This beauty puts the CollectA antique in the shade, in more ways than one.

It is now by far the largest prehistoric mammal that I have.

Acquiring this model and seeing how impressive it looks on display has me packing a lot of figures away into storage to make way for more purchases of this caliber.

RobinGoodfellow

Welcome back to DTF.
It's nice to see new pictures on your thread.
Regards.
^-^

modelnut

I was going to ask who makes it. But Google answered my question right away.  ;)

- Leelan

Faelrin

I mean I got the emphasis on how big this was a while back around here, but still seeing it next to the Safari Ltd Missing Links Woolly Rhino really does it for me, again.

Congrats on obtaining this breathtaking Paraceratherium.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

ceratopsian

Glad to hear you have a job again. The Paraceratherium is a magnificent way to celebrate being able to buy models again. Well timed too in light of the recent publication of another species!

Lanthanotus

Nice to see your new acquisition, Phil. Damn it is big... I refrained from buying the CollectA Elasmotherium when I saw it in person because it was way too big for my taste to display it with my other mammals, that Paraceratherium would really be tempting though. Really great thing, glad you could add it :)

Shonisaurus

avatar_PhilSauria @PhilSauria My congratulations on your new acquisition and welcome to the club it is true that paraceratherium apart from being the largest prehistoric mammal made of solid PVC existing on the market is one of the most beautiful figures not only of that species but of the vast majority of animals Prehistoric and dinosaurs of different brands of toy dinosaur. I'm glad for you. Almost a year has passed and I am still in love with my paraceratherium. It is a highly recommended figure, although honestly very expensive, and it can only be allowed by having a luxury bank account or, as is my case, "allowing myself" in that case a whim very from time to time that causes much more pleasure (and now I give myself account) than to make compulsive purchases for a year.

A little whim from time to time at least once or twice a year in little things like that paraceratherium or a meal in a restaurant gives a much greater satisfaction at least in my case than spending without measure. Well ... that I roll up a lot, it is a highly recommended figure.

Bokisaurus

Congratulation ! Great to hear you have found a new job.
What a way to celebrate with this beautiful and very impressive MEGA-fauna! ;D It definitely is the crown jewel of my mammal collection! Welcome back! :D

Halichoeres

Glad to see you back. This is a fitting piece for it, a towering monument to better times ahead.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

KeU

Welcome back Phil.
Great to hear from you again.
And you came back with a bang.
That is a monster piece.

suspsy

Good to see you back indeed. The DTB could certainly use a review of that Nanmu Giganotosaurus--if you feel up to it, of course!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

PhilSauria

Just wanted to say thanks to all who took the time to comment, such a response is much appreciated.

Collecting plastic Dinosaurs, though it may seem insignificant and perplexing to some out there who don't, at least to me does provide a welcome distraction to all of the chaos going on in the world at the moment!

PhilSauria

ADDITIONS

Made a start on my PNSO catch up with these three. Ordered the Torvosaurus a day or so after its release, then the Allosaurus a few days later, but they both turned up here on the same day. The Tarbosaurus was ordered a week later and arrived at about a similar amount of time after the others.

Although I'm not a fan of so many roaring predators, and I prefer to stay out of the lips debate; by displaying these with their mouths only slightly open seems to cover me on both fronts. I've boxed off a lot of figures that don't look so impressive to me now in light of the standards set by PNSO and some of the newer brands, and the shelf devoted to PNSO is starting to fill up. I've never know two-legged Dinosaur models to stand so well either.

Think I'll focus more on the higher end product, less purchases (due to the price) but more impressive product on the shelf.

What an impressive line-up of therapods. This is how they are on display as well. The new halogen light I'm trying for the photos seems to bring out more detail.

SidB

As you say, the physical presence of these figures tends to "drive" those of other makes off the shelf. My Safaris/ Carnegies (some) have survived the onslaught of the PNSOs by being displayed in another large diorama context, but the others have not (boxed). I am curious to see if this will be an analogy for the survival of other brands in the wider market. Low end and very high end should okay, but the middle part of the market is seriously threatened by these splendid pieces, IMO.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your new acquisitions. You cannot compete with companies like PNSO in terms of quality and quantity. Magnificent carnivorous theropods and above all a very well invested money not only financially but mainly in terms of having a collection of very high quality dinosaurs.

Bokisaurus

Funny I just received my PNSO lot as well!
And I'm with you 100% about hitting a crossroad regarding my collection.
I have slowly boxed up the majority of my non PNSO figures and have since refocus my collection to feature mostly the higher end figures like PNSO.

Seen all together the PNSO collection is so impressive and hard to stop admiring it! It's just impressive.
And yes, the articulation on the jaw makes it even better since you have the option on how to pose it, I also have most of them with their mouth either closed or just partially open, and they hold that pose, too!😃

Lanthanotus

Nice theropod additions to your collection Phil. Aside from the Tarbosaurus I am really diggin`the Torvosaurus :)

PhilSauria

ADDITION

Another PNSO catch up, the magnificent Parasaurolophus. I have had this one sitting on my desk for the last few days, just to admire the workmanship and amount of detail on it. The words 'life-like', 'organic' and 'naturalistic' all come to mind. This is now one of my favorites of the output from PNSO's return to trading. I don't mind paying the higher price when I am getting a model of this size and quality.

Parasaurolophus Family Portrait

The arrival of this new addition prompted me to gather together the 13 other examples of this animal that I have acquired over the years for a group shot. Many had to be hunted down in boxes and storage tubs. (They now have their own dedicated box to keep them together, except for the four still on display)

ceratopsian

I remain enamoured of the PNSO Parasaurolophus too.  I love the group shot (and the helpful addition of the firm's names!)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: